The Witcher

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yennifer looks like a "young adult" instead of an actual adult. Which is gonna be super creepy when Henry cavill Geralt is trying to get in her pants

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Here's another shot of her. Doesn't fit the character at all for me. Yen is defined by hear bearing, seductiveness, and confidence. This looks more like a casting choice for down-on-her-luck wastrel. She's closer to Ciri than Yen

Anya-Chalotra-plays-Jennifer-in-Wanderlust-13bf95b.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Both Ciri and Yennifer lookg too young.

Ciri was a teenager in some of the books AFAIK, so it will work depending on what they're going with when it comes to the story. The only time that Ciri would need to look like a young adult or something like that is if they were touching on her coming of age and taking on the responsibilities of her bloodline, otherwise her being a kid/teen works better for her relationship with Geralt & Yen as an "adopted" daughter

• 3Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ciri was a teenager in some of the books AFAIK, so it will work depending on what they're going with when it comes to the story. The only time that Ciri would need to look like a young adult or something like that is if they were touching on her coming of age and taking on the responsibilities of her bloodline, otherwise her being a kid/teen works better for her relationship with Geralt & Yen as an "adopted" daughter

Ah ok, I'm not familiar with the books, pretty much only knowledge of the Witcher is from Witcher 3.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
she looks like a cheap middle-eastern prostitute. But then again professional makeup can do wonders

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

cypis

Lord Nagafen Raider
Both Ciri and Yennifer lookg too young.
Ciri was literally 12 when she first appeared in the books. I figured people would stop talking out of their asses since 'hurrr we're gonna have a SJW Ciri' circlejerk turned out to be a joke.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It's kind of funny, all the worry about the SJW influence, and they cast in a very typical Hollywood way with young women playing characters that should be played by older women. I'd have to think they're not going to play her as a motherly influence to Ciri.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

cypis

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's kind of funny, all the worry about the SJW influence, and they cast in a very typical Hollywood way with young women playing characters that should be played by older women. I'd have to think they're not going to play her as a motherly influence to Ciri.
Oh look, just as I finished typing, another one. Yennefer always looked young in the books as well.

• 2Salty
  • 1Picard

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yen should be god-tier hot. That's my only issue here.

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This is apparently a picture of the same actress cast as Yen with makeup on. Not sure if true, does look like her though:

1299024.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
they're using the books as more source material than the games, right? I read all the books, they were ok, but the game stories were better. oh well, expecting this to be a trash fire but hoping it can pull it off. i don't really care about how characters look and track to source material, if the writing is good it doesn't matter.

Altered Carbon though is a great example of how a TV show starts off strong and then the writing goes to total shit and it sorta ruins great source material, sadly I expect something similar here. If they can pull off at least a decent one season I'd be happy. I'm expecting some bad CGI and characters though, I think its gonna be hard to build an immersive alternate fantasy world without looking goofy and LARPy as fuck.

• 2Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Ah ok, I'm not familiar with the books, pretty much only knowledge of the Witcher is from Witcher 3.

Then you should remember the beginning of the game when Ciri is....12. ANd how you dont see her as an adult into well into the game when you hit your first flashback.

they're using the books as more source material than the games, right? I read all the books, they were ok, but the game stories were better. oh well, expecting this to be a trash fire but hoping it can pull it off. i don't really care about how characters look and track to source material, if the writing is good it doesn't matter.

Altered Carbon though is a great example of how a TV show starts off strong and then the writing goes to total shit and it sorta ruins great source material, sadly I expect something similar here. If they can pull off at least a decent one season I'd be happy. I'm expecting some bad CGI and characters though, I think its gonna be hard to build an immersive alternate fantasy world without looking goofy and LARPy as fuck.

How is this thread 9 pages in and people still arent sure on if this is based on books or the game? FFS

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
From the looks of the casting, this will take place when Gerault and Yen first meet Ciri, and the stories that follow where they find out who she is, raise her, lose her, find her, and eventually figure out who her parents are

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I want to hope but feel like this will be Shannara levels of shit =(

• 1Like