The Witcher

Hosix

All labs matter!
So I never read the books. Just played the games.

Its not a bad show, but not great. I am loving HC as Geralt. He absolutely nails it.

I do not like the pacing of the shows. Geralt is made to feel like a side character. They could have spent an episode or two and give him a little more back story.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Way too many American inventors in this show.

That shit is more unrealistic than strigas and wizards

Also Triss is ugly AF

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1RAGE
Reactions: 4 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Finally sat down to watch The Witcher. Could they have found two uglier actors to play Triss and Yennefer? I'm not even talking about the deformities. Just... gah... fucking hideous. Especially Triss.

Yennefer has face?

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I liked this way more than I expected, but those expectations were rather low. Will tune in for next season. Cavill does a great job with Geralt.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So the episode with Yennefer being topless the entire time was fantastic television. I’m sure the story was great too.

• 3Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I never read the books. Just played the games.

Its not a bad show, but not great. I am loving HC as Geralt. He absolutely nails it.

I do not like the pacing of the shows. Geralt is made to feel like a side character. They could have spent an episode or two and give him a little more back story.
Ciri is pretty much the main character in the books and yen/geralt seconday. Ciri’s journey gets pretty heavy later on In the book and i wonder if that part of her storey will be softened.

Also I am sad they turned Cahir into a sadistic asshole. That’s a major fuck up in my book.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I also didn't like the time jumps and didn't piece that together until the third or fourth episode. Which was a really duh moment for me because I've played the games and I know Yen has been all over the place by the time she meets Ciri. But I think a linear timeline would have been worse. It would be all about Yen for like two episodes before Geralt would even be introduced.

Also disappointing that this entire season was ONLY origin stories. By the time Geralt and Ciri finally meet you're ready for the story to move forward. And then it ends. Looking forward to next season though. I knew a number of you would rip it apart because there's black people in it. Who cares? Some of you really are racist fucks. Don't care about historical inaccuracies in a world with made up species and magic.

Only casting that bothers me is Triss because she looks SO different from the games and I don't see Geralt falling for her down the road. Because...well...video game Triss is way hotter.

• 3Picard
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Just finished this last night. Never read the books, only dabbled in the games.

Cavil was really good. Everthing else was really inconsistent. The time jumps were pretty jarring and even now some of the sequencing is probably off in my memory.

Who knew that the hunchback with the big lump on her jaw or whatever would turn into a smokeshow?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
MKBHDarkelf annoyed the shit out of me. There, I said it. Every time I saw that character I said to myself "he should go back to doing tech videos"

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another funny thing about the godawful Fringilla casting is that she's supposed to be second cousin to Anna Henrietta, the duchess of Toussaint.

1577111471027.png

• 2Worf

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Only casting that bothers me is Triss because she looks SO different from the games and I don't see Geralt falling for her down the road. Because...well...video game Triss is way hotter.

I think this is the only one that probably bothers most people that aren't raging racists. 1) the actress is average, both to look at and at acting 2) it's obviously a diversity hire.

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed this for what it was. I was disappointed at certain aspects of it, but overall it was worth the watch. Particularly since I'm gay for Cavill.

Holy shitballs does Yen have a nice fucking body. I'm still a little rustled that she's not some Kate Beckinsale knock-off, but I give her a pass for the shear volume of titties she shows off. I noticed it dropped off severely in later episodes, so I hope they don't decide to skimp on tits for "gurl power" next season.

The timeline shit was weird, but I guess it made it easier to show all the characters concurrently, and once I had that "eureka" moment it was pretty easy to follow. I was just as bummed as everyone else probably was that it ended where it did though.

Cavill was awesome, and totally made the show worth watching. I'm interested to see what my coworkers will think of it, knowing nothing about the games or books and just thinking it looks "Game of Thrones-ish."

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Holy shit prime Kate Beckinsale is the perfect Yen, now you've ruined it for me.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I think this is the only one that probably bothers most people that aren't raging racists. 1) the actress is average, both to look at and at acting 2) it's obviously a diversity hire.
Take a queue from Henry Cavill himself: I could give two shits about someone's race in the walking world but many people have a long existing relationship with these characters and don't want to see that changed, in many changes just to satisfy some craven PC virtue signaling. On your point (when does it become "raging racism and when is it just latent subconscious racism?) it's amazing how many of the cast are hot/great looking in their head shots and are not that good looking in the show) the actress who plays Triss is I think really attractive but not in the show at all. In regards to the race switching it would bother me less if A) this was a Hollywood project where this was a remake and the original cast was all white because of 50's/60's racism but the cast is 25% or more black for a show set created in Poland. Blah blah blah modern audiences but why aren't there more Indian/Asian/Hispanic actors? Do your world building and have it flow naturally from there: All the actors talk about the colonialism and xenophobia in the Continent yet no one has any issues with human racism? It's turtles all the way down with the mythology of the show since the started slicing it up from its historical context. Did Istredd actually say at one point that the Elves were their first and that the humans came over with the Conjunction of the Spheres? Now I have to go back and watch that seen again.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe if Mimi Ndweni wasn't such a shitty actress (or maybe she's decent and it's just the trash tier writing) I wouldn't have such a problem with Fringilla Negro. Has nothing to do with racism but it's no surprise that small minded fucks immediately go 'lol ur just racist'. Or the arrant hypocrisy of woke culture where it's totally fine to blackwash medieval polish fantasy but there's no compulsive need to cram a bunch of white people into Black Panther.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Maybe if Mimi Ndweni wasn't such a shitty actress (or maybe she's decent and it's just the trash tier writing) I wouldn't have such a problem with Fringilla Negro. Has nothing to do with racism but it's no surprise that small minded fucks immediately go 'lol ur just racist'. Or the arrant hypocrisy of woke culture where it's totally fine to blackwash medieval polish fantasy but there's no compulsive need to cram a bunch of white people into Black Panther.
I always ALWAYS laugh at racists who think they have some moral higher ground for their racism. Quit trying to justify your shit. Just admit it. Pigment makes you rage...

• 2Picard
  • 1Solidarity

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I always ALWAYS laugh at racists who think they have some moral higher ground for their racism. Quit trying to justify your shit. Just admit it. Pigment makes you rage...

Isn't it also a bit racist to prejudice actors because of their skin color, like for example not hiring people because they're white, disregarding their talent or acting skills, and giving roles to black people who are at best mediocre at acting, just for apparence?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

I'm going to play Uncle Tom, FOH, House Negro here a sec. As a comic book fanatic from the 80's-90's, it annoyed me that Nick Fury was played by Samuel Jackson. Not to the point that I would go on some of these rants some of our FOHbro's go on, BUT I can see why they would in THAT case and some others. And now the funny thing is now he IS Nick Fury in my eyes. So even that doesn't matter how I felt in the long run.

But come on guys...You don't need to label everything "SJW" or "being rammed down your throat" every single time they swap out white bitch for dark bitch. They all fine bitches! AND dudes are railing about the wrong thing. Geralt was 2nd fiddle to Jawbreaker bitch IMO in his own show. There's the SJW part! That should be the rant! This particular bitch playing Triss could have been played by Christina Hendricks, and it would have still been a bleh show. Much better titties...but bleh none the less. Don't get worked up. Just try and enjoy the titties, as long as they nice titties.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Geralt was 2nd fiddle to Jawbreaker bitch IMO in his own show. There's the SJW part! That should be the rant!

Yes, we should be ranting about one of the few things they're adapting fairly accurately from the books.

• 1Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Yes, we should be ranting about one of the few things they're adapting fairly accurately from the books.

I tuned into The Witcher to see Geralt fight monsters. Not see Jawbreaker. Adaptations be damned!

• 1Like