The Witcher

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm neither white nor black. I have no horse in this game.

Actor for Triss is below-average. Whether it's looks for the part or acting, it is what it is.

Fringilla... LOL! (Not only that, we should troll SJW's that one of the main baddies in this Northern whyte peepo story is an angry black woman.)

As for the rest, IDGAF.

Next up, Tom hanks as the last Wakandan on earth.

Last edited:

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I can't speak for anyone else but for me, I generally don't care about what race someone is if they are believable in the role.

Nick fury's race doesn't particularly play into his character but Magneto's does. With the Witcher it's sort of a made up world but it's based very closely on polish myth.

Having a bunch of white people in the setting is what should be expected. But if there are some black people hanging around and they believably fit, I don't care. Unfortunately it seems like these don't fit...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Having a bunch of white people in the setting is what should be expected. But if there are some black people hanging around and they believably fit, I don't care. Unfortunately it seems like these don't fit...

The funny thing is the two Zerrikanian women didn't even really look exotic because there were already black people everywhere.

• 7Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Just finished the first episode.

Holy fuck I was not expecting to enjoy it that much. I know that Cavil is supposed to be the high point but goddamn does he nail Geralt.

Also, the Blavakin fight was brutal and exactly how you'd expect a witcher to carve through normies.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just finished the first episode.

Holy fuck I was not expecting to enjoy it that much. I know that Cavil is supposed to be the high point but goddamn does he nail Geralt.

Also, the Blavakin fight was brutal and exactly how you'd expect a witcher to carve through normies.

That’s the best sword fight in the whole season tbh

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
darthvadernooo.gif

I don't think he's saying the rest of the fights suck because they don't. The Blaviken fight may be the best, but the fight choreography as a whole is one of the few things the show got very right. Maybe not Daredevil S1 good, but not that far behind it.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Imagine watching The Tudors but everyone is black.

Or imagine watching The Crown but Queen Elizabeth is played by Wendy Williams

Imagine watching Lord of the Rings but Aragorn is played by Jamie Foxx and Gandalf is played by Samuel Jackson

• 6Like
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

Imagine watching Lord of the Rings but Aragorn is played by Jamie Foxx and Gandalf is played by Samuel Jackson
Wow so amazing. You should submit some scripts.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
I'll only accept Samuel Jackson as Gandalf if you let Tarantino write his dialog to the tune of Jules from Pulp Fiction

• 5Like
  • 1Mother of God

Dynalisia

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd like to cash in on my neckbeard allotment and point out that humans are not native to the world of the Witcher and actually came over through portals. As such, it is essentially possible that the races from the humans' original world got mixed on the Witcher world. Now, the event that made the migration possible was roughly 1.500 years before the start of the series, so if anyone wants to put together a counterargument about genetic dilution and to what extent people would still have certain skin tones after 1.500 years of potential crossbreeding, have at it!

Maul

Dental Dammer
I'd like to cash in on my neckbeard allotment and point out that humans are not native to the world of the Witcher and actually came over through portals. As such, it is essentially possible that the races from the humans' original world got mixed on the Witcher world. Now, the event that made the migration possible was roughly 1.500 years before the start of the series, so if anyone wants to put together a counterargument about genetic dilution and to what extent people would still have certain skin tones after 1.500 years of potential crossbreeding, have at it!
If you're talking illegal migration from one realm to another, then surely there shouldn't be any whites at all in the witcher?

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

And yet there were still no blacks in games and books because the writer is a crusty old Pole who gave zero fucks about your diversity quota.

I lived in Eastern Europe. I didn't even see a black person until I was 10 years old. Seeing a striga or a mage would have been more believable than blacks

• 4Worf
  • 2Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

I'm okay with all that as long as they do a good job.

Just like I was fine with Idris Elba playing Heimdall.