The Witcher

Izo

Tranny Chaser
What was the last battle between the sorceress and mages versus the nilfgardians? I cant remember that happening in the books. Was it supposed to be Sodden without northern armies?
Pretty sure it's implied that there are more of them, and the north came just in time to hold the line / not lose.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
It was a massive battle between armies with the sorceress helping the north, except fringilla. Guess budget issues.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Listen, I know the Witcher took off because of the games and not the books.

But what I'm saying is that Polish law doesn't give a shit. Sapkowski ended up getting a shit ton of money when CD Projekt Red settled out of court.

And how much is that?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It was a massive battle between armies with the sorceress helping the north, except fringilla. Guess budget issues.

It's also supposed to result in a devastating loss for Nilfgaard that costs them the war.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Just 1 episode in, but Christ, Cavill fucking nailed Geralt. The voice and every mannerism is perfect.

That he's a big nerd and PC gamer as well is crazy.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I couldnt even finish this, and I really wanted to. The pacing and overall story arch are so utterly shit it makes it hard to even care about anything else.

And the black mage woman is maybe the worse actor I have ever seen and it literally makes me want to tune out.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I can't get over how bad and forced all these black actors are.

Literally not a single one of these diversity hires belongs in this show.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I laughed when the black elf boy pulled out his knife. Literally the worse.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Ok, just finished. I've never read the books or played the games but I'm a pretty big reader and a fan of these types of movies/shows. That being said...

His voice bothered me but i agree his character is the most fleshed out and interesting in the show. Yennifer isn't that good looking other than the tits but her backstory was wasted footage. It seemed rushed and slow at the same time. it would have been better with intermittent flashbacks for the first few seasons. The disjointed timelines sucked. For us that are new to the franchise it just made it more confusing. My other big gripes were the poor acting by so many people and bad camera angles constantly. Whoever directed this, other than the fights, had like 3 angles they use for everything and they suck.

Overall however i liked it. By the end i was onboard and hoping they give it a few more seasons at least. We need more wanton destruction by Yennifer. I need mage battles straight out of Malazan.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
I doubt random shitty white actors would have somehow elevated this. The main problem is bad writing and a weak cast in general.

MV5BMjMyMjEzNDkyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODkzNjE1NjM@._V1_.jpg

Hideous CHUD apparently.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I don’t mind diversity as long as they are good, and capture the essence of the character.

Anya Chalotra did a good job as Yennefer despite being of Indian descent. She mostly looks the part and I think she did good of nailing the attitude.

Anna Schaffer on the other did not in any evoke Triss, doesn’t look at all like her, and didn’t do her justice although she had a small role. Want to diversity hire for Triss go for something like this...

647CC6F9-B237-401A-9622-A5A67A8A66BB.jpeg

Not saying to use Rihanna, she can’t act but go for someone that has red hair at least and looks hot (in my opinion).

Cavill just nailed Geralt, you can see he loves the character.

They did a good job with Dandelion/Jaskier too, I thought he was pretty good and look a lot like the Dandelion from Witcher 3.

The most fun I had with the series was playing Witcher 3 at the same time and seeing scenes that were referenced in the game. The Djinn scene for example is talked about in the game. So that was fun.

All in all I enjoyed it, not great but entertaining. Hoping season 2 improves and avoid the useless time jumps.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I bet these fools watched the DnD movie with Marlon Wayans in it and thought that was the way to go with the Witcher.

• 5Worf
  • 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 5 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not saying to use Rihanna, she can’t act but go for someone that has red hair at least and looks hot (in my opinion).
Whoa whoa whoa, American media doesn't do redheads any more. Hell they shaved Karen Gillan and painted her blue.

• 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not to defend the awful casting, but iirc her hair was originally described as 'chestnut' in the books and didn't become red until near the end of them, so presumably she dyed it at some point after the events depicted in the series, which occur fairly early in the Witcher timeline. Maybe Romilda Vane will look more the part with a red wig/dye job.

• 1Like