The Witcher

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
so i just realized that Myanna Buring is in both the video game and the show.

j37yg1czu0441.png

• 4Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm a Myanna Buring fan, really liked her in Ripper Street as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
the metal cover is super catchy but the dude looks like a goddamn clown.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I've been watching his metal covers for awhile now and it's just what he does. He does a cheesy theme based on the song he's doing. Most of the stuff he does is very kid friendly. He's made covers for some of the more popular Disney movies and children's songs. I find him very talented and appears to enjoy what he does. The dudes from Norway if I'm not mistaken.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I said pretty early on that I was hoping for a newer Hercules or Xena where Geralt goes around taking contracts and getting into shit with his nutty sidekick, and those episodes were pretty much the best part of this. Right down to the cheesy camera angles and bad CGI. Not coincidentally, I loved the short story books but just couldn't get into the main story. I liked the show, but didn't LOVE it. Not alot of hope for next season, but hopefully they get a bigger budget considering their pretty massive success.

On another note, the whole "Child Surprise" bit feels like such a lazy plot point to force that whole destiny narrative. I don't know if that is like a legit Polish thing or what but it felt dumb in the books and it feels dumb here.

• 1Like

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Totally agree with the above about the books. I decided to read them after really liking the first game, and thought the short stories were fantastic. They were like grimdark deconstructions on fairy tale/fantasy cliches, with some mystery and well written characters. Those were easily the things about the show I liked most, and honestly wish they had given them more time. I know they wanted to setup the main story, but I found the main books to be fairly unremarkable dark-ish fantasy, though there are some good characters introduced.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Rewatched with the wife and she loved it. The reverse grip on his longsword for his fight scenes make me cringe though. Are those from the games or something because it is awful. Cavill kills it though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Rewatched with the wife and she loved it. The reverse grip on his longsword for his fight scenes make me cringe though. Are those from the games or something because it is awful. Cavill kills it though.

Nah just common hollywood 'this will look cool' bullshit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No one can say "Fuck." like Cavill can. You really believe destiny fucked him over.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The setup was cheesy (she's fine all evening but pukes as soon as Geralt invokes the law of surprise) but it was all worth it for that "Fuck".

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users