The Witcher

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Wow am I enjoying this. They haven't changed any of the good stuff.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Finished season 2 and overall enjoyed it more than the first. The main 3 cast are still good, and this season at least moved some of the main plot points forward. But somehow it still feels like both too much and not enough is happening simultaneously. Maybe it's the ADD editing, pinging between 2 or 3 plot lines every 3 minutes instead of just living in the moment for 15-20 minutes each.

Got a big kick out of them arbitrarily making Triss's hair more red this season. Does getting burned give you gingivitis? Somebody in a suit probably said, "Surely, this will please all those angry nerds on the internet."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wow an I enjoying this. They haven't changed any of the good stuff.
Wrapping up a beer at the bar and then heading home to watch this.

Good to hear I’m not stepping into another huge pile of disappointment.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I'm in the middle of ep 3 and it's still so good. Glad they released them all at once, sad there are only 8.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Season one i thought was mediocre, how much is this an improvement from season 1

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Half way through episode 2 and I'm happy with this. They did good.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
This just totally shits on wheel of time, the difference in quality is fucking embarrassing.

Still don't like the casting for Triss.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
This just totally shits on wheel of time, the difference in quality is fucking embarrassing.

I just binged it, and this is exactly the thought I couldn't get out of my head the whole time. The difference is so jarring it's distracting, lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
fret not they spent a bajillion dollars on the LOTR series-- thats gotta be good at least. 1b in show has to buy at least some quality. amazon knows how to hire and allocate resources.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Seriously?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
My polish friend says his kin weep tears of blood after season 2. Do I want to watch it?

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
only watched episode 1 but absolutely floored and loved it, i've watched so much shitty TV the last few months - Foundation, Wheel of Time, Cowboy Bebop (live) - I forgot what good TV is

gonna ration it off, gotta make this shit last

funny thing is since i delete my netflix profile every now and then it didn't know i watched season 1 so started at episode 1, and I watched a good 40 mins thinking it was season 2. still holds up, as soon as I finish season 2 i'm gonna rewatch season 1

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
This is just so much better than Wheel of Time.

Hah, we said that exact same thing a few times while watching it, even though we're only 1 episode in. Trying to take our time!

Everything about it is better: introducing characters, situations, the mystery of it. It does remind me of some of the emotionally complex quests in Witcher 3, in a good way.

I think it's awesome that Henry Cavill is like the walking Witcher dictionary, and knows the books well. I think he's perfectly cast for it.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love the fourth episode where the show actually makes fun of the time jump issue in the first season.

well played.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Okay, I normally take these shows slow, ie: one per week, like TV was back in the old days.

So I've only watch ep 1, with that I just scrolled quickly down the page not reading to give my brief impression from ep 1.

Really damn good. They've hit the ground running.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Only part that sucks about this season is that there wasn't more episodes.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I still dont care for much outside of cavilli story, only reason i feel this show is not a massive failure is because of that nerdy beast. This is much better than season one but i think season 1 faults was the time jump bullshit

Ive seen a lot of articles and videos of people talking about him doing readings and correcting dialogue and pretty much redoing the wording of people he has to interact with.

Its not intense like GoT but atleast its seems its staying on point for his story

Last edited:
  • 2Like