The Woman King (2022)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I wonder if they'll even mentioned Dahomey being the largest slave trader in the world for a span of a couple hundred years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Looks like Wonder Woman x Wakanda

I'll give $100 to the first FOH big brain that does a verified Woman King, Black Panther 2 back to back viewing

• 1Worf
  • 1Let's Go
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

kroenen

Regimen Morum
The conservative news publications The Daily Signal and the Washington Examiner have questioned and criticized the historical accuracy of the film for failing to recognize and address the realities of the Kingdom of Dahomey.
Rather than being a kingdom fighting for pan-African unity and resistance to foreign invasion, in truth the conflicts depicted centered around the slave trade. The Kingdom of Dahomey was heavily invested in capturing and selling Africans slaves. The slave trade was a cornerstone of their wealth and prestige in the area, and the military of the Kingdom routinely engaged in raids and warfare for the explicit purpose of selling and keeping captives.
For example, historian Martin Meredith quotes Ghezo (portrayed by Boyega) telling the British, "The slave trade has been the ruling principle of my people. It is the source of their glory and wealth. Their songs celebrate their victories and the mother lulls the child to sleep with notes of triumph over an enemy reduced to slavery."

• 1Worf
  • 1Let's Go
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Wrong, look at the thread for the Venus and Serena's Dad movie
bro, you can't make anyone give any shit about women's tennis or basketball.

Surfing or beach volleyball. maybe.

• 1Like

Caliane

yep, and the "amazon"s were the kings brides. why? because the penalty for touching the kings brides was death. if you did anything to defend yourself from his secret police, the penalty was death.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
bro, you can't make anyone give any shit about women's tennis or basketball.

Surfing or beach volleyball. maybe.

Women's pole vaulting is a sacred institution that demands respect

Last edited:
  • 7Mother of God
  • 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 15 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

1662827666797.png

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i would be really interested in watching a movie about a man who becomes fed up with traditional gender roles and decides to fight against the matriarchy and become a soldier. men can defend their loved ones, too, right? nah, pipe dream, i know.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So if I'm cheering this movie on and raving about how awesome Dahomey were, does that make me racist or woke?

Like if they made a movie about Hitler visiting pediatric hospitals and curing cancer in little black kids.

I have no idea how to feel about any of this

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So if I'm cheering this movie on and raving about how awesome Dahomey were, does that make me racist or woke?

Like if they made a movie about Hitler visiting pediatric hospitals and curing cancer in little black kids.

I have no idea how to feel about any of this
you're supposed to cheer it on if you want to stay on the good side of the 12 weirdos on Twitter and their 100 fold bots. it doesnt matter if they were actually the baddies and enslaved countless africans and murdered many innocents who stood in their way. those fucking ugly women(????!!) are the heroes goddamnit!

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if they'll even mentioned Dahomey being the largest slave trader in the world for a span of a couple hundred years.

Also the source of Voodoo , with its emphasis on black magic and animal sacrifice

Goonsquad Officer
Western academia has forgotten that African and Middle Eastern slavery was an order of magnitude more than anything in the west

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Western academia has forgotten that African and Middle Eastern slavery was an order of magnitude more than anything in the west
Im pretty sure teaching that the Muslim/Ottoman dwarfs the European slave trade is very racist.

• 1Like