The Woman King (2022)

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
2.33 star(s) Rating: 2.33/5 6 Votes
Title: The Woman King (2022)

Genre: Drama, History

Director: Gina Prince-Bythewood

Cast: Viola Davis, Thuso Mbedu, Lashana Lynch, John Boyega, Jayme Lawson, Sheila Atim, Adrienne Warren, Hero Fiennes Tiffin, Angélique Kidjo, Jordan Bolger, Masali Baduza, Jimmy Odukoya, Thando Dlomo

Release: 2022-09-16

Plot: A historical epic inspired by true events that took place in The Kingdom of Dahomey, one of the most powerful states of Africa in the 18th and 19th centuries. The story follows Nanisca (Davis), general of the all-female military unit, and Nawi, an ambitious recruit, who together fought the French and neighboring tribes who violated their honor, enslaved their people and threatened to destroy everything they’ve lived for.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
LMAO can't wait to read the salty reviews from all of you who won't ever watch it

udpok9m0t8f81.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 2Direct to DVD
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Goatface

who together fought the French and neighboring tribes who violated their honor, enslaved their people and threatened to destroy everything they’ve lived for.

wonder if they are going to cover that Dahomey was one of the biggest slaver trader nations

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
wonder if they are going to cover that Dahomey was one of the biggest slaver trader nations
I was more wondering about the part where they made it sound like they took on the mighty French in battle and succeeded.

Looked it up and they got fucking steamrolled. Unsurprisingly.

Looks like the French suffered about 4x as many casualties from disease in Africa than they did at the hands of the enemy.

• 5Like

Sterling

El Presidente
The real question is if this is going to be as historically accurate as Forrest Gump or not.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I honestly thought this was a joke. Clearly I'm not up on African history, because I thought Dahomey was literally a play on "the homey."

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I honestly thought this was a joke. Clearly I'm not up on African history, because I thought Dahomey was literally a play on "the homey."

Sure, just like how "shake da booty" comes from Dijbouti

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
LMAO can't wait to read the salty reviews from all of you who won't ever watch it

View attachment 396260

It's historically based and written about africa. So obviously its gonna have a whole lotta shaniquas. Good.

Most of us shitlords only have a problem when black people andor women get forced into roles as social justice tokens. Black panther was a really good movie. Denzel is one of the best actors of all time. If this movie looks solid I'll watch it and maybe enjoy it. I don't care if it's black people - as long as it's not forced sjw shit that doesn't belong.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It's historically based and written about africa. So obviously its gonna have a whole lotta shaniquas. Good.

Most of us shitlords only have a problem when black people andor women get forced into roles as social justice tokens. Black panther was a really good movie. Denzel is one of the best actors of all time. If this movie looks solid I'll watch it and maybe enjoy it. I don't care if it's black people - as long as it's not forced sjw shit that doesn't belong.
Social justice is more than casting blacks in white roles. Something tells me this movie is in no way shape or form going to accurately portray what was going on in that time frame.

Also black panther was shit.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Wrong, look at the thread for the Venus and Serena's Dad movie

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
This is fucked up.

There is absolutley zero Latinx or Pacific Islander representation in this movie. In 2022? Yikes

Whats worse, every person in the trailer appeared to be Cis. Are you kidding me right now??!! Erasure is VIOLENCE

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database