View attachment 432739
lulz these things are so ugly
6th9sv.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
One such media personality was Tyrone Edwards, a current co-host of the Canadian entertainment talk show eTalk, who not only praised the film directly to Davis during its September 12th premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival, but also inquired as to her thoughts on how audiences can help prevent the hype surrounding The Woman King and other Black-led movies from being just “a moment”.
“I was talking to [your co-star] Lashanna Lynch,” said Edwards, “and she said, you know, ‘I’m tired of these Black movies just being ‘a moment’. And for some reason, she felt like this isn’t just a moment, this can be the new normal going forward.”

“That wasn’t what I planned to ask you today, but that just really resonated with me,” he added, before turning the question to Davis. “What do you think about that? In terms of moving forward and making this normal? Because this carpet feels different to me, and I’ve been doing this for a while.”
To this, Davis replied, “Absolutely. I completely, 100% agree.”

However, she did have one caveat, telling Edwards, “But here’s the thing I’m going to add to that: It will just be a moment if people don’t come see the movie.”
“Okay?” she continued. “Because you’re sending a very clear message to a machine called Hollywood…Hollywood is interested in green. It just is, it is what I do, so if you don’t come see it then you’re sending a message that black women cannot lead the box office globally.”

“You are supporting that narrative,” the double Suicide Squad star accused. “And if you want to normalize it, come see the same way you would Black Panther, Iron Man, Spider-Man, any other movie that doesn’t have any of us in it, or one or two of us in it.”

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You guys should be happy enough with this film, honestly. They're not raping your beloved IP and instead making their own (basically fantasy with how little they're adhering to actual history), like people call for all the time. No black elves here!

Edit: Saw this has a $50 million budget but the studio is only anticipating a $12 million weekend. Usually studio estimates are bearish, but if it only clears that or a little more on the first weekend, it will not be a success.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 2 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
One such media personality was Tyrone Edwards, a current co-host of the Canadian entertainment talk show eTalk, who not only praised the film directly to Davis during its September 12th premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival, but also inquired as to her thoughts on how audiences can help prevent the hype surrounding The Woman King and other Black-led movies from being just “a moment”.
“I was talking to [your co-star] Lashanna Lynch,” said Edwards, “and she said, you know, ‘I’m tired of these Black movies just being ‘a moment’. And for some reason, she felt like this isn’t just a moment, this can be the new normal going forward.”

“That wasn’t what I planned to ask you today, but that just really resonated with me,” he added, before turning the question to Davis. “What do you think about that? In terms of moving forward and making this normal? Because this carpet feels different to me, and I’ve been doing this for a while.”

However, she did have one caveat, telling Edwards, “But here’s the thing I’m going to add to that: It will just be a moment if people don’t come see the movie.”
“Okay?” she continued. “Because you’re sending a very clear message to a machine called Hollywood…Hollywood is interested in green. It just is, it is what I do, so if you don’t come see it then you’re sending a message that black women cannot lead the box office globally.”

“You are supporting that narrative,” the double Suicide Squad star accused. “And if you want to normalize it, come see the same way you would Black Panther, Iron Man, Spider-Man, any other movie that doesn’t have any of us in it, or one or two of us in it.”

OH FUCK RIGHT OFF

Yeah shaming moviegoers is a great strategy to get them to see this movie, I can't wait to see even more drama with the release of The Little Mermaid.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
OH FUCK RIGHT OFF

Yeah shaming moviegoers is a great strategy to get them to see this movie, I can't wait to see even more drama with the release of The Little Mermaid.
it needs to have some diversity white ladies as tribeswomen. it would actually be pretty cool if they did that.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
They will probably throw some white people in there dying of malaria. Lol jk they are too stupid.

• 1Like

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>

k

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
You guys should be happy enough with this film, honestly. They're not raping your beloved IP and instead making their own (basically fantasy with how little they're adhering to actual history), like people call for all the time. No black elves here!

Edit: Saw this has a $50 million budget but the studio is only anticipating a $12 million weekend. Usually studio estimates are bearish, but if it only clears that or a little more on the first weekend, it will not be a success.

Yes, I'm happy with it. I'm happily ignoring it because I have no interest in it, AND it's not raping a white IP.

Totally 100% happy with it.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This and Top Gun are the only movies this year to get an A+ CinemaScore (exit polling after the movie).

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
uppity noggers that watched the film this weekend are trying to trend boycottwomanking

b/c the film shows noggers traffiking in slavery to fund their wars

• 1Salty

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
  • 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Obviously won''t see this but apparently its got some strange historical revision in it. Like they fight the Brazilians but in history they were well liked by the Africans. The king even created an office for them. They warred against the French instead but they arent even shown.

Sounds like a mess to me at any rate.

• 1Picard

Goatface

just think it will great to see little girls dressed up as slavers for halloween

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
black people have some weird kinks. play the bad guys and do bad guy shit while also pretending to be the good guys.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Obviously won''t see this but apparently its got some strange historical revision in it. Like they fight the Brazilians but in history they were well liked by the Africans. The king even created an office for them. They warred against the French instead but they arent even shown.

Sounds like a mess to me at any rate.
A French Legionnaire shoves a bayonet through the sole surviving Dahomey Woman soldier's eye socket. Dead to a woman. The French Colonial Legion lost barely anyone.

French Legionnaire, "Well Laurence they put up a good fight didn't they?"

"Oui mon ami, commençons à piller maintenant?" Laurence Responds

"Tout à fait"

They walk into the burning city surrounded by other Frenchmen.

Fade to credits.

Gurgeh Gurgeh Ukerric Ukerric this his how the film should have ended lol.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>

I know it’s a stupid point, but that headline is dumb as fuck. If the “audience” doesn’t go to see the movie, then they aren’t the fucking audience.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I know it’s a stupid point, but that headline is dumb as fuck. If the “audience” doesn’t go to see the movie, then they aren’t the fucking audience.
the audience is people who go see movies, the usual people who go every week or so . they take the wife, gf or the kids and see each new release like clockwork. i used to be one of those people, every other saturday my dad and i would meet up to see something. my job was to find a movie "worthy" of our time. there was usually something to kill 2 hours with. did that for 20 years. there just isnt much to be excited about anymore so a film like TWK has to really lay it on thick to get the asses in the seats. black people wouldnt generally go see a film like this because its all ugly black women and there isnt any car chases or gun battles and there seems to be lots of dialogue. Lucas should have had a hit with Red Tails, but he alienated the white audience and people were still pissed off over the prequels. so RT flopped. this movie also needs white people to come see it, but white people dont want to see a movie about slavetraders. in other words this movie is going to be a dud even if this has a good opening weekend

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The Viola Davis-led action epic “ The Woman King ” easily conquered the North American box office in its first weekend in theaters, against a crowded market of new releases. The film, directed by Gina Prince-Bythewood, surpassed expectations and earned $19 million in ticket sales, according to estimates from Sony on Sunday.
“The Woman King” was released by Sony and TriStar in 3,765 locations and carries a reported production budget of $50 million, which was co-financed by eOne. The film, about the Agojie, the all-female army of the Kingdom of Dahomey in West Africa in the 1800s, got glowing reviews after its debut at the Toronto Film Festival. It currently boasts a 94% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes. And theatrical audiences seem just as enthusiastic, giving it a rare A+ CinemaScore suggesting that word of mouth will be strong in the coming weeks.