The Xenoblade Chronicles Appreciation/Anticipation thread! 3DS/Wi U - YES

koljec_sl

shitlord
Completed the main story line a few days ago. I really like the conclusion (or lack thereof). Mira and Xenoblade seem like a pretty good prelude to an MMO.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Need to finish it this week, with all the holiday travel and then new years stuff I got out of the rhythm.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
been grinding hard on this and coming down the home stretch now. I've got just a few missions left to finish up, and Im at about 95% survey / completion rate on every tile. Mostly just some affinity missions and heart to hearts to wrap up with the occasional quest / tyrant still to kill (Blood Lobster quest...yeesh)

Got my Ares 90, and got the initial build going for the Blossom Dance, right now I'm using the Galaxy Chief Sword because I can't beat the guy for Receding Rust yet (only tried him a few times). Grinding up augments, got my 3 attack up augs, just going to work on building a lvl 60 skell with the Zenith Cannon to go alongside the Ares for taking down some of the bigger flying Tyrants and then its purely a foot build.

all in all I am enjoying it, I wish they did a least a male / female voice for the main character. The story is light weight but for me the exploration and min / maxing is what I enjoy the most.

I do miss not being able to gift collectibles to party members for affinity and I do miss not being able to trade with NPC's for certain items as well, some of the collectible drops are extremely rare to find unless you buy the strategy guide or happen to stumble upon them in game or a post online about it.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
wrapped this up completely the other day, looks like I clocked in at about 250 hours. Got 100% survey on Mira, maxed all chars levels and affinity, completed every mission and killed all the tyrants and super-bosses. The last few bosses required significant farming and gearing, I probably spent the last 50 hours gearing up skells and the foot build.

totally spec'ed out and upgraded the Ares90 about 95% of max and totally spec'ed out and upgraded a Mastema Zenith Cannon Skell about 95% as well. The 3x Frame Augs for Ether and Physical are ridiculous grinds. Got a ground ether build to take out Gradivus that was a significant grind as well. I didn't go after the bunny gear and just went with the cookie cutter Ether Blossom / Infinite Overdrive build to take out Gradivus... I know there are other builds that can be as effective but I didn't have the patience to grind out more augs.

I was 100% satisfied with the game, the story was kinda meh but I figured that going in, it was every bit as satisfying for me as the original and is a great title for the Wii U

I've got a handful of other good games for PS4 waiting in the wings (Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Dark Souls 2) else I would probably try to grind out some of the other builds. All in all it was a nice relaxing game to play and I really enjoyed.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
GameStop was offering $100 for the old 3ds XL, so I finally picked up a new 3ds (Hyrule edition). Is it worth getting Xenoblade Chronicles?

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
I haven't played the 3ds version but I'm pretty sure its not much different than the original wii version. If that is the case then I very much feel Chronicles is worth getting. I did a lot of the completionist things on it and put in a solid 125ish hours on it and felt it was a good game. Story-wise its way better than Chronicles X and its more of a fantasy setting.

well worth it in my opinion if you like RPGs

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I summon thee old thread from the dead!

Have started this game on Dolphin a couple times, Wii U, and 3ds and have just never gotten past the starting area. Finally with the remastered edition on the Switch it's clicked and I'm late into the game.

Just wanted to say this game is A+, fucking love it. It's super impressive this was a Wii game at some point.

If you haven't played the game, do yourself a favor and play it.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I got about halfway through the first game on Dolphin, it was really great. Unfortunately Windows installs never last too long for me, and I usually never get around to re-setting up my emulators on each new install, especially not ones as complex as Dolphin, so I never finished it.

Maybe when the new Switch comes out, I'll get this.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Finally beat it, level 80, 72 hours in, not much dicking around in that time. Had to grind some levels near the end because the last chain of bosses were kicking my ass. If it had any real flaw that would maybe be it. Trying to find things the perfect level to kill for xp was difficult and extended the finish time quite a bit.

What an epic fucking game though. Totally worth a play through, now on to Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Finally beat it, level 80, 72 hours in, not much dicking around in that time. Had to grind some levels near the end because the last chain of bosses were kicking my ass. If it had any real flaw that would maybe be it. Trying to find things the perfect level to kill for xp was difficult and extended the finish time quite a bit.

What an epic fucking game though. Totally worth a play through, now on to Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

I had the same issue with Xenoblade 1. I liked the game and the characters a lot, but there were a few points especially late in the game where I had to grind with enemies that were barely worth grinding. Really slowed the game down. The first time I remember that happening was the claw guy out in the snow field. Could not beat him, took a while to power up so I could. Unfortunately that ended up being the norm as I progressed, always felt under-leveled, and having to stop and grind for a couple hours happened a few more times.

I have Xenoblade X and Xenoblade 2 and both were on my shortlist of things to play in 2021, but I'm having issues getting into both. I've got 2 hours clocked on XCX and 14 hours clocked on XC2, so XC2 has clicked with me more. I wanted to play a modern Xenogears, really, more than I wanted to play another Xenoblade. XCX looked more like Xenogears for obvious reasons (the Gears) but I heard you don't get those until like 25 hours in. XC2 on the other hand actually feels more like Xenogears despite the lack of mechs. It's got Yasunori Mitsuda music which goes a LONG way and kind of similar areas/characters to XG.

I'll take any encouragement to get into either of these, especially XC2 since that's the one I'm furthest with and I'd love to get motivated to do the rest. Instead I'm over here replaying Souls games so it isn't like I'm lacking free time. It's more like every time I turn on one of the Xenos, I just sorta turn it off after a couple minutes despite liking everything I see.

XCX's main issue is that nothing in the world has grabbed me yet, XC2's main issue is that it's overcomplicated and has a zillion things to remember for the battle system and throws constant tutorials at me that I don't remember by the time I play it again weeks later. Me of the past would have gotten super into it and learned all of these "overcomplicated" aspects, no problem. Me of now just wants to be left alone.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I had the same issue with Xenoblade 1. I liked the game and the characters a lot, but there were a few points especially late in the game where I had to grind with enemies that were barely worth grinding. Really slowed the game down. The first time I remember that happening was the claw guy out in the snow field. Could not beat him, took a while to power up so I could. Unfortunately that ended up being the norm as I progressed, always felt under-leveled, and having to stop and grind for a couple hours happened a few more times.

I have Xenoblade X and Xenoblade 2 and both were on my shortlist of things to play in 2021, but I'm having issues getting into both. I've got 2 hours clocked on XCX and 14 hours clocked on XC2, so XC2 has clicked with me more. I wanted to play a modern Xenogears, really, more than I wanted to play another Xenoblade. XCX looked more like Xenogears for obvious reasons (the Gears) but I heard you don't get those until like 25 hours in. XC2 on the other hand actually feels more like Xenogears despite the lack of mechs. It's got Yasunori Mitsuda music which goes a LONG way and kind of similar areas/characters to XG.

I'll take any encouragement to get into either of these, especially XC2 since that's the one I'm furthest with and I'd love to get motivated to do the rest. Instead I'm over here replaying Souls games so it isn't like I'm lacking free time. It's more like every time I turn on one of the Xenos, I just sorta turn it off after a couple minutes despite liking everything I see.

XCX's main issue is that nothing in the world has grabbed me yet, XC2's main issue is that it's overcomplicated and has a zillion things to remember for the battle system and throws constant tutorials at me that I don't remember by the time I play it again weeks later. Me of the past would have gotten super into it and learned all of these "overcomplicated" aspects, no problem. Me of now just wants to be left alone.
XCX is amazing and from what I've played of XC2, the better game. The town music can diaf though. Any one of the 3 though you have to give it way more than 2 hours to get into the meat of the game.

I could see waiting for a remaster or rerelease on the switch for that game though.

Hard to say about XC2, I'm not that far into the game myself and after having just finished the 1st game realize I probably should have taken a break.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
XC2 had a lot of systems but you can roll through without touching most until later in the game. DLC additions and Torna mechanics showed they learned where the ragged parts were and had ideas to fix them so XC3 should be quite polished.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I just heard that Xenoblade 2 and TORNA have had their Physical copies discontinued.

If you have one, you might want to hold on to it, if you don't have one, check your local used/trade in stores for one before its too late!

I am looking for a Physical Torna with NO LUCK!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty sure XC2 was discontinued about a year ago. Torna probably before that and they made very few physical copies of it to begin with. At least with XC2 it's not terribly hard to find a used copy, but with Torna you really need it to be unopened because only Torna itself is on the cart and the rest of the season pass is a digital code that will already be used on preowned copies.

Was kind of surprised to see that XC2 still has a Keep button on it on GameFly. $45 (minus subscriber discounts/coupons) is cheap for it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
XCX was clearanced by Walmart months ago so I wouldn't expect retail copies for any of them are still in the wild.

Only time I saw XC2 with a decent sale was last Black Friday for digital, $40 XC2 and Torna w/ Season Pass $25