The Xenoblade Chronicles Appreciation/Anticipation thread! 3DS/Wi U - YES

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Game looks amazing from what i've seen on twitch. I would play the hell out of it no doubt but buying a WiiU for it? I don't think so.

Console exclusives can suck it.
mad.png
Wii U will also only ever be used for console exclusives, which it will have few of. Any game shared between consoles will always be better on the PS4/XboxOne, which is probably why Nintendo is going for their new console as making a console comparable with last gen for this gen wasn't exactly a good idea. Guess they were going for the "lets make a cheap console and sell 100 million of it again, worked once!", only they forgot that 99 million of those let it collect dust after the novelty wore off and only got one exclusive every other year for Zelda and Mario.

However, I looked at the Nintendo store, and there are quite a few good games you can get. It is backwards compatible with most any title from Nintendos old consoles. So if you also missed out on the original Xenoblade, you can get that along with old Wii/snes games and the likes. Can play them on the controller too.

The other big must have exclusive that I am aware of that the Wii U got is Bayonetta 2.

That said, it is probably much smarter to wait for the Nintendo NX (or whatever it will be called) and hope it will be backwards compatible too.

As to the game, I am enjoying it. Same as with the original, it is strange to play a single player game that somewhat scratches the mmo itch. I spent 3 hours at first just running around town in the different areas just talking to people at different times to fill up the social map.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Was doing the chapter 4 story mission and I somehow ran in to a level 60 tyrant LOL. I thought it was docile/something to harvest.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
nothing beats being level ~5-10 being just outside the city doing a bit of grind on the mobs so i can get the first special class/level my skills and BAM one shot by a level 82.......

i've made it to umm chapter 4? finally getting the combat down. i went with striker as my first class and curator for the division.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Look who I found afk outside the BLADE Barracks!

rrr_img_119270.jpg

Screw armor. I kill things in leather pants, a tank top, and shades.

Seriously, some of the most fun is using those old school Everquest wall jumping / terrain climbing skills. A ton of random places you can get to by exploiting terrain and small ledges you can jump from, or stupid angles that the game allows you to run up. Like every game in this style I end up ignoring the main story entirely and just run around blindly trying to skip past level 50 mobs and get mining sites. Am only missing 1 in Primorida I think, and like 2 in Noctilum.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Look who I found afk outside the BLADE Barracks!

rrr_img_119270.jpg

Screw armor. I kill things in leather pants, a tank top, and shades.

Seriously, some of the most fun is using those old school Everquest wall jumping / terrain climbing skills. A ton of random places you can get to by exploiting terrain and small ledges you can jump from, or stupid angles that the game allows you to run up. Like every game in this style I end up ignoring the main story entirely and just run around blindly trying to skip past level 50 mobs and get mining sites. Am only missing 1 in Primorida I think, and like 2 in Noctilum.
Haha holy shit how did that happen?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
That's how the a part of the mp works in this game. You get put into squads of 32, if he's on your friend list then I'd imagine you get put into that 32, then your character just chills out somewhere in the world and you can use them in your group.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Does damage seem low unless you are getting those skill chains? Level 16 and my range damage with my auto rifle sucks dick,

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
From what I can tell, completely unscientific, that auto attack damage is basically the base damage of the weapon. So like a level 25 Assault Rifle with a base of 12 we do those little pings of 12-12-11-12-10 etc, based on the amount of ammo. I think the variability is based on stability, so if you have high stability you'll see constant stream of 12s.

Then there are the Arts which have whole different interactions with your team, the buffs / debuffs, and Soul Voice. For instance if I just use Flame Grenade normally it does shit damage, like 300. But if I wait until the target it Toppled, has Thermal Resist Down, and is charged to level 2 cool down it'll do like 6k.

The team and Art synergy seem extremely important and I'm not the best at setting it up. I can get a really good combo with physical resist down, letting Lin Stagger then I topple, then flame grenade, then rising blade or something else. Sometimes all three soul voice which heals the team. Etc... Really upgrading skills seems important too because most of the scaling goes from like 'does 200% damage' to like 400% or 450%,etc..

And that doesn't even take in to account weather effects, weapon / armor augments, and anything else.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok so quick question.

Me: level 12 or so.
Chapter: 4 just started.

I'm entering a cave and all the monsters are level 28. Do I need to just keep doing other things for a while or is there a trick to this? I'm dying immediately.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Ok so level to 28 first before starting chapter 4?
Nah you only need to be like 15-16 to beat that chapter, if that. I'm in Chapter 5 and I don't think I'm level 18 yet.

Dunno why you're in that cave or what quest you've got taking you in there, but its not a main storyline quest. The main storyline quest for Chapter 4 takes you to the zone to the left of Primordia and there's some higher level mobs up in there, but you can avoid them and the actual boss fight the bosses are around 15 or so I think. Been a few days since I did it.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'm up through Chapter 6 and only level 28 just now. You may just be in the wrong area / section or there may just be a scattering of higher level mobs and the appropriate ones are around the corner.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
anyone know if the Storage Probes can be "chained" to get the 30/50/80% bonus like the others can?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I imagine it should but I can't answer in the affirmative for certain.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I'm up to chapter 9 and only gotten like 5 Storage probes and I've done a ton of quests and treasure hunting. Where do I get more?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
No idea and haven't really tried to Google it =/ Worried I have missed some. Pretty sure I've only seen Mining and Research Probes from Field Actions.