latheboy

Trakanon Raider
Don't watch if they piss you off.

darhgrdag.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
But I've been on the internet since the 90s, at this point I receive near-sexual gratification from being pissed off.

• 3Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>

Mike, Jay, and Rich at Red Letter Media? Is that what you mean by RLM?

As far as I'm concerned, they are bigger than YouTube itself and I will follow them to whatever site they land on.

What YouTube and the left in general does not understand, and never will, is that RLM made YouTube what it is, not the other way around.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
How does a thread like this even get...

...oh, it's Goliath. NM.

Couldn't find a thread that covers YouTube entertainment, but if I missed it, just go ahead and point me in the right direction and delete this.

Let's start with Boogie2998. Jesus H. Christ he is driving me crazy lately. What the fuck is his deal? He's such a god damn needy victim.

H3H3 - Ethan has been annoying me lately too. Anyone else feeling this way over the last couple months?

Idubbz & Maxmofoe - these are the only 2 that I still love. But they release content so rarely that it almost doesn't matter. Oh and Dunkey, Dunkey still rocks.

KSI vs Logan Paul - WHO IS GONNA WIN!?
jOIydLJ.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Mike, Jay, and Rich at Red Letter Media? Is that what you mean by RLM?

As far as I'm concerned, they are bigger than YouTube itself and I will follow them to whatever site they land on.

What YouTube and the left in general does not understand, and never will, is that RLM made YouTube what it is, not the other way around.

Yup. It's sad though because they are going the way of Logan Paul and Will Smith. Altho I gotta give Smith credit, his channel is pretty good.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
What I don't get is why he did that documentary when him and Tana are friends and why Tana acted all happy that he made the documentary and thanked him for it?

It's a total mindfuck.

Tanacon... well I'm going all :lumie::lumie::lumie: with this one but I legitimately think the whole thing is a large-scale, pre-planned staged hoax, like a mini-movie with a shitload of extras. That's why it's a mindfuck. It got millions of views across multiple channels. Those two "fans" that came over Shanes? A CEO who's still growing pubes? The "unplanned" call from Tana? The little kid who's wandering around backstage? It just feels sooo faked to me; the entire thing... all for the drama, the views, and attention/publicity.

If it's not a hoax, then someone needs to be locked up for fraud. That shit doesn't happen just by mere incompetence.

As far as JewTube in general, I think it's great. It's obviously where big-name music artists rule the roost as far as views, but the content creators are great entertainment too. Every channel that is successful / has high subs is there because they earned it in some way or another (yes, even Jake Paul). They either dominate with:

Polished, professional content (lots of makeup channels that trend: their lighting and "look" is perfect)
Personalities, one-of-a-kind people (Pewdiepie, Liza Koshy)
In-depth, interesting concepts (Veritasium, Tom Scott)
Constant, daily, reliable entertainment (WatchMojo, Looper)
Brilliant editing / filmmaking (CaptainDisillusion)

Channels like Vsauce cull all of those elements together and it's mindblowingly good. Well, he's not constant and daily, but still :p

It's just capitalism really; people have the option to consume what they wish, they consume what they like, and they like what is (generally) best.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
What I don't get is why he did that documentary when him and Tana are friends and why Tana acted all happy that he made the documentary and thanked him for it?

It's a total mindfuck.
because she wanted to apologize and get all the info out? It makes a ton of sense to me. You've got people acting/saying it was a scam from the beginning, or that Tana otherwise did it all on purpose.
Shane has more legitimacy in the community. If she made that video, people would assume she edited it to leave relevant bits out to make herself look better. Plus, more Shane fans came to the convention then Tana fans, as Shane never goes to conventions and was supporting this one. That's also why he wanted to do the documentary, cause HIS fans got screwed in all this. He felt partially responsible, as he publicly supported it, but didn't check to see if it was being organized properly.
I'd never watched a video of his before all this, but I can tell he's a good person at heart.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
If it's not a hoax, then someone needs to be locked up for fraud. That shit doesn't happen just by mere incompetence.
That's EXACTLY what happens from incompetence. It's just larger scale then you are used to, because one half of the incompetent duo is very famous.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I love watching super obese idiots vlog their futile weightless efforts, "mukbangs," and mundane lives. Amberlynn Reid and Foodie Beauty are two of my favorites.

Its great when they start spatting with other fat YouTubers.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
That's EXACTLY what happens from incompetence. It's just larger scale then you are used to, because one half of the incompetent duo is very famous.

Nono, I agree that Tana is incompetent in general and agree that that CEO kid is incompetent in general, but it's not just incompetence that is behind the sales of 5k VIP tickets for money and gives out 2-300 free tickets for a venue that holds 1k people. It should have been 2-300 VIP and 5k free tickets. If that scenario was what they were dealing with, then you're looking at just a shitty event led by shitty people.

If it's real (I'm still skeptical!), then there are 4,000 fans that are due refunds. That $325,000 is out there somewhere (supposedly with the ticket agency) and fans need their money back.

But holy shit, if you're right and it's both real and mere incompetence and not the product of a slimy wanna-be con-artist who KNEW he'd be scamming a buttload of people, then he and Tana are literally the dumbest shitsacks on the planet. (which, y'know, I guess sounds about right now that I'm typing it out ROOOOOFL!!!)

-edit- It's probably true tbh... who else but a complete douchetard would ride a segway around an event with a scarf in June.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I really liked the Maddox drama, a lot of it was off Youtube but there's several good videos about it on Youtube:
I can't belive that the first internet shitlord is now an SJW cuck suing people more popular than he is because he is salty as fuck.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Oh yeah, Boogie2988 is terrible because he pronounces the 'w' in 'wh' question words.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
because she wanted to apologize and get all the info out? It makes a ton of sense to me. You've got people acting/saying it was a scam from the beginning, or that Tana otherwise did it all on purpose.
Shane has more legitimacy in the community. If she made that video, people would assume she edited it to leave relevant bits out to make herself look better. Plus, more Shane fans came to the convention then Tana fans, as Shane never goes to conventions and was supporting this one. That's also why he wanted to do the documentary, cause HIS fans got screwed in all this. He felt partially responsible, as he publicly supported it, but didn't check to see if it was being organized properly.
I'd never watched a video of his before all this, but I can tell he's a good person at heart.

Lol damn bro you're really deep into the YouTube drama. I can feel a little better about my guilty pleasure knowing someone out there is worse than me.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Lol damn bro you're really deep into the YouTube drama. I can feel a little better about my guilty pleasure knowing someone out there is worse than me.

maybe shane was doing it for a thank you bj, his clout on youtube (as an individual) i'd say is top 50, and he has OG cred

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
They either dominate with:

Polished, professional content (lots of makeup channels that trend: their lighting and "look" is perfect)
Personalities, one-of-a-kind people (Pewdiepie, Liza Koshy)
In-depth, interesting concepts (Veritasium, Tom Scott)
Constant, daily, reliable entertainment (WatchMojo, Looper)
Brilliant editing / filmmaking (CaptainDisillusion)

Channels like Vsauce cull all of those elements together and it's mindblowingly good. Well, he's not constant and daily, but still :p

It's just capitalism really; people have the option to consume what they wish, they consume what they like, and they like what is (generally) best.

YouTube is really fucking hard. But you don't need a huge amount of subscribers to turn it into a career. If you cultivate a nice base and you utilize Patreon, you can have a successful career at the 50-100k . That's where the best content is too imo. Success just really ruins so many YouTubers, which is a bummer. There's only a few channels I've been watching for 5+ years that have grown a lot and not turned into douches. Most of these people change for the worse.

Pewdiepie on the other hand, has changed for the better by about 100x. He's probably my favorite YouTuber. He's so genuine and down to earth and entertaining, and I love how he has gone to bat against mainstream media and beaten them every single fucking time. They've consistently shat on him and libeled him and completely lied to their readers. Wall Street Journal is supposed to be a reputable news source and they've published total fabrications and misrepresentations about him several times. It's hilarious how terrified mainstream media is of YouTubers, but at the same time depressing because now YouTube is catering to them and "letting them in." Anyways I can't get enough of Pewds and Pewnews is the best program on YouTube, pewpewpewpew. Plus he's really hot.

And yeah it blows my mind how some channels such as Vsauce combine all the best elements of a good YouTube channel. It's soooo much work, and many of these people worked alone for a long time as well. These people were working 100 hours a week though.

Last edited:

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I've been running old raids for fun/loot/transmog and I just started MoP and Siege of Org is only giving me 1 piece of loot per boss? I googled and people say to turn off personal loot, but Blizz removed that option. Is there something I'm doing wrong/some way to get more than 1 measly piece of loot per boss? And how many expansions are like this? Cata/WOTLk certainly don't only give 1 piece per boss.

This post makes me think there isn't :

Turn off personal loot in old raids/dungs plz - World of Warcraft Forums

Really a giant bummer if so. Kind of shocking they'd let this go on so long without a fix? I hope I'm missing something.

Edit: Sigh I'm shit out of luck, but they are reverting it back in BFA. Thank god. What an idiotic change.

Last edited:

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Uhh, while I do watch a lot of youtube in general, downtime when i'm doing uber, all of that is from that single documentary. I had never watched a vid of any of the parties involved until then. Pewds videos on it is what got me interested.

It should have been 2-300 VIP and 5k free tickets. If that scenario was what they were dealing with, then you're looking at just a shitty event led by shitty people.

-edit- It's probably true tbh... who else but a complete douchetard would ride a segway around an event with a scarf in June.
How would that make any money? Even if they increased the VIP ticket price to $100, that's only 30k. I think the costs for the event were around 100k, iirc.

The main ballroom held 1k. The marriott people told them 5k was the total capacity for their entire property (lobby, restaurants, etc..), that's why they set it at that number. If they have no experience at these things, that probably sounded fine to them. 'Oh, 5k tickets and your place can hold 5k people, perfect!" but people don't spread out evenly, they don't show up at different times, they all want to be part of the 'main' event, and a fully packed place isn't comfortable to begin with. Someone with any experience at all would have brought it down to 3-4k tickets, and there's even some video of Michael bringing up that idea in a pre-meeting to set it at 3.2k tickets, but in a wishy washy 'i'm not sure...' way. Had he actually done that, this wouldn't have been nearly as much of a trainwreck.

The whole thing reminds me of working on films (mostly shorts) back in my college days and early 20s. You'd get these random kids who were so excited by the idea of making a film, they just assumed things would all work out. They'd overlook tons of little details, or even massive ones, that would come back to bite them so hard. Was one project I worked on, was gonna be a feature length, that this aspiring actor dude was financing. He had a successful business and was bankrolling the film as a way to showcase his talents.. every meeting was just a circle jerk of how awesome everyone was. No one else was actually doing any work. I collected a few checks as a producer, but bailed on the project and heard it fell apart shortly after I left.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Let me regale you with a tale of tragedy and farce involving an internet tough guy (tm).

The man's name is Tonka Saw. Tonka Saw ran a Youtube show called The Morning Kumite. The Morning Kumite became popular late in 2017 and early 2018 as a source for "Internet Blood Sports" aka youtube spergfests where people who had beef from youtube could come argue it out for the entertainment of all.

Alongside Tonka Saw was a man named Andy "Race" Warski. Andy Warski, a long time youtube personality whose rose to fame during the Gamergate Cycle, had a youtube show with JP Gariepy, an alt right French man with a predilection for fucking mildly retarded women. Andy and JP had a breakdown in relations during one of their shows, and Andy left to join Tonka on the Morning Kumite.

But all was not well in the land of Kumite, for Tonka Saw (hereafter referred to as Donga Rollingwheel of the Disbled Tribe) had a falling out as well. Andy left the show and went on to start his own show, which has become relatively popular alongside other alt-right youtube personalities such as Ethan Ralph of the Ralph Retort (banned from Youtube now can be found on Stream.me) and Jim "Mr Metokur/Internet Aristocrat", while the Morning Kumite slowly began to lose popularity.

This all came to a head initially in a 6 hour spergfest on Mr Metokur's channel called the Internet Blood Sports Apocalypse Stream

But alas, this literally unwatchable 6 hour screaming match was not the end of the shitshow that is The Morning Kumite and Donga Rollingwheel.

In October of last year, Donga Rollingwheel of the DIsabled Tribe decided to engage in a campaign of "Gay Ops" versus Andy in conjunction with Kraut and Tea, who was driven off Youtube in shame for being a giant doxxing wanker who harassed some alt right female youtuber off the internet. Donga Rollingwheel and Kraut plotted and, utilizing top secret photoshop technologies, created a false narrative including faked screencaps and chat logs, that implicated Andy "Race" Warski in an underaged grooming scandal.

Now, Donga Rollingwheel of the Disabled Tribe has a long habit of being an "internet tough guy" (Internet Tough Guy - Encyclopedia Dramatica) and would often challenge people whom he argued with on the internet to real life combat. Donga had sold a long story of himself as a former amateur MMA fighter savant, but because calling people out on the internet for real life fights is the height of megafaggotry, no one would call him on this.

However, Andy, angered by the "Gay Ops" of the Disabled Tribe in attempting to label him a pederast and pervert, accepted Donga Rollingwheel's challenge to an in real life fight. To that end, Andy spent the past 3 months training, and the community came together and a venue was located in Knoxville Tennessee for a real life MMA cage match between Andy "Race" Warski and Donga Rollingwheel of the Disabled Tribe for January 19th of this year. Contracts were signed and all of the alt-right youtube shitposting community's eyes were on both combatants and breaths were baited awaiting the final outcome of this Battle of the (new) Century.

However, in the run up to the match, which was officially sanctioned, certain qualifications had to be met by both participants in order to compete in Tennessee. Among these rules was that current bloodwork with name and other information matching the signatures on the contracts. This bloodwork was due I believe exactly 7 days before the match, but when that time came, Donga Rollingwheel asked for a two day extension in order to provide his bloodwork. Andy provided his bloodwork properly on time (by the second, extension deadline).

But here's where things got interesting. Because Donga Rollingwheel's bloodwork came in with a DIFFERENT NAME from the name he signed on the contract. This failure to provide the proper bloodwork by the extended deadline led to the cancellation of the match, to the chagrin and also amusement of many, and the dismay of some. Donga, however, had a story. That story was that he had received some threatening prank phone calls, that had driven him to undergo a legal name change....which he was attempting to accomplish in the week running up to the match. This, of course, made little sense. It is well believed now that Donga was full of shit, and research into legal records in his home state and county in Alabama reveal no name change request for Donga under his real name!

The day came for the match, and Andy still showed up to claim victory, leading us to this video

Now, these events have left Donga Rollingwheel of the Disabled Tribe to flee the internet in shame. As of now, his Youtube Channel has been wiped clean of videos (Tonka Saw), and he has gone radio silent in the face of the overwhelming evidence that Donga is bitchmade and low-T. This has spawned an enormous amount of hilarious content on Youtube, the least of which is the following:

And the coup de grace, when Donga went on the Rekeita Law channel just after the fight was canceled in order to give his "side" of the story, we got the best new reaction image of the new year when Rekeita Law let Andy come into the discussion and then reveled in the glorious shitshow that followed

rekeitathumb.JPG

And there it is, folks. Your Youtube Drama update!

• 3Hodjing
Reactions: 2 users