Theater Chain Death Watch? Chapter 11s inc

Fucker

Log Wizard

They are going to have to stream what they have on the shelf and live with smaller profits in the next few years. Covid isn't going away any time soon, and by the time it passes, there won't be any theaters left to show movies in. Might as well get a handle on making money now vs when things get even tighter.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Since theaters got to open in NY finally, out to see Tenet at the CInemark IMax. 20/245 seats filled, they don’t even have the lights on in the theater currently and it’s past start time. Tickets were $12 a piece for iMax and we got two drinks and two candies for $9. They did upgrade at some point to comfy lounge chairs vs the tiny auditorium chairs they had before.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Since theaters got to open in NY finally, out to see Tenet at the CInemark IMax. 20/245 seats filled, they don’t even have the lights on in the theater currently and it’s past start time. Tickets were $12 a piece for iMax and we got two drinks and two candies for $9. They did upgrade at some point to comfy lounge chairs vs the tiny auditorium chairs they had before.

Yikes! How was the movie?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I haven't been to a theater in eons. Never will go again. I don't care about the price. Theaters all stink and people can't keep their fat mindless mouths shut.
Last 3 movies I saw in the theater were End Game, Back to the Future (a retro thing they did a couple years ago; my favorite movie), and Star Trek all the way back in 2009.

Get on my level.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

never heard of this chain, based out of Texas and in 10 states

Studio Movie Grill, 11th Largest Chain in North America, Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

34 locations, 21 currently open, plans to stay open
assets between $50 million and $100 million
liabilities between $100 million and $500 million
Has a few locations in DFW. It's a "eat in" movie theater (what really isn't anymore?), but it is a bit more eating oriented, food is a bit better than AMC. Not super expensive but not cheap?

Idk, I preferred other theaters. Studio Movie Grill always had waitresses and shit walking around for the first half hour of the movie, was a tad bit distracting.

Goatface

1604346377261.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

View attachment 314457

Hmm, almost wanna dump some money into that anticipating they get further bailout money. Will the Hollywood :emoji_nose:elites:emoji_nose: really let all the theaters die?!

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Last 3 movies I saw in the theater were End Game, Back to the Future (a retro thing they did a couple years ago; my favorite movie), and Star Trek all the way back in 2009.

Get on my level.

Last movie I saw in a theater was the Dungeons & Dragons (2000) movie. It was so bad that it left me traumatized and I haven't been in a theater since.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Hmm, almost wanna dump some money into that anticipating they get further bailout money. Will the Hollywood :emoji_nose:elites:emoji_nose: really let all the theaters die?!
i think the plan is to let them die til they can be purchased for a song by one of the big movie companies and then you have Disney Theaters and MGM Theaters, Sony Theaters and so on. people still want to go to the movies, they are just too terrified by the scaremongering media.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
i think the plan is to let them die til they can be purchased for a song by one of the big movie companies and then you have Disney Theaters and MGM Theaters, Sony Theaters and so on. people still want to go to the movies, they are just too terrified by the scaremongering media.
Oh shit, then the Jews will be in total control. Well shit. Goodbye private AMC. No stock buys for me.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Last movie I saw in a theater was the Dungeons & Dragons (2000) movie. It was so bad that it left me traumatized and I haven't been in a theater since.
bitch, please. I was dragged out to see Eragon and D&D is an oscar film compared to that shit.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

From 2.22 to 4.16 on Monday and back down to 3.06 today
1605125471972.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

There we are. Everything same-day release.

I know this is because they a) don't trust that theaters will be back next year and b) they are making a whole lot of money not advertising as much or splitting profits, but I can't decide which is predominant.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The only thing better than same-day release movies on HBO Max is same-day release movies on "free" HBO Max.

• 1Like