Theater Chain Death Watch? Chapter 11s inc

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I know this is because they a) don't trust that theaters will be back next year and b) they are making a whole lot of money not advertising as much or splitting profits, but I can't decide which is predominant.
how are they getting the word out that those films are being released? if its a big marvel film then sure, there will be a ton of internet buzz, but there are about 600 films released every year normally. they arent all going to get buzz, maybe only a few dozen will have that amount of hype. is that where they are? only a few dozen films get released and its all just straight to streaming? is that a good business platform for film making?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
HBO Max movie list.
  • Wonder Woman 1984 (December 25, 2020)
  • The Little Things (January 29, 2021)
  • Tom & Jerry (March 5, 2021)
  • The Many Saints of Newark (March 12, 2021)
  • Reminiscence (April 16, 2021)
  • Godzilla vs. Kong (May 21, 2021)
  • The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It (June 4, 2021)
  • In the Heights (June 18, 2021)
  • Space Jam: A New Legacy (July 16, 2021)
  • The Suicide Squad (August 6, 2021)
  • Dune (October 1, 2021)
  • Elvis (November 5, 2021)
  • King Richard (November 19, 2021)
  • The Matrix 4 (December 22, 2021)
  • Sherlock Holmes 3 (December 22, 2021)
  • Judas and the Black Messiah (TBA 2021)
  • MACRO (TBA 2021)
  • Malignant (TBA 2021)
  • Mortal Kombat (TBA 2021)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
how are they getting the word out that those films are being released? if its a big marvel film then sure, there will be a ton of internet buzz, but there are about 600 films released every year normally. they arent all going to get buzz, maybe only a few dozen will have that amount of hype. is that where they are? only a few dozen films get released and its all just straight to streaming? is that a good business platform for film making?
My favorite films of the past few years are on streaming services and they are tv shows because most movies are just meh so, I'm sure it's fine.

spronk

FPS noob

whole lot of people in PR and advertising about to learn they really don't do fuck all and nobody needs them

just have shroud and xQC mention you in twitch, a few paid ads on MrBeast on YouTube and some podcasts and your 23 year old marketing intern has done the job of 20 people

• 3Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
whole lot of people in PR and advertising about to learn they really don't do fuck all and nobody needs them

just have shroud and xQC mention you in twitch, a few paid ads on MrBeast on YouTube and some podcasts and your 23 year old marketing intern has done the job of 20 people
tv ads have been a dying medium for years, but some internet ads do help. the thing is, cancel mobs are constantly trying to take down popular youtube channels for not being PC enough. so a Mr Beast or Pewdie Pie would b e an incredible endorsement but could be too controversial and so it wouldnt be used.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Nice. Mortal Kombat at Jan. 15.
Eoq5NFmU0AMOxzI.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you want to live the /WSB AMC dream live and in color head over to the investing thread for up-to-the-minute commentary.

spronk

FPS noob
meanwhile, in China for lunar new year it looks like some rando chinese movie is going to overtake Avengers Endgame for biggest opening weekend receipts, which is a bit crazy since chinese ticket prices are cheaper than western

its been over a year now since ive been to a theater lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
meanwhile, in China for lunar new year it looks like some rando chinese movie is going to overtake Avengers Endgame for biggest opening weekend receipts, which is a bit crazy since chinese ticket prices are cheaper than western

its been over a year now since ive been to a theater lol
i guess when all the theaters in the entire country are playing the same film, its probably not too difficult. the trailer probably says seeing it will raise your social credit score.

• 3Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Goddammit. Alamo was the last chain that deserved to have that happen.

Sucks because before COVID hit, they were opening up a third Northern VA location plus other locations nationwide.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Hopefully the company that buys them believes in being profitable more than virtue signaling.

• 3Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
State govs may rescind mask mandates but any business that doesn't want to pay out sick leave or the eventual lawsuit is still going to require them.

Shoves all liability straight onto workers and customers then.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
State govs may rescind mask mandates but any business that doesn't want to pay out sick leave or the eventual lawsuit is still going to require them.

Shoves all liability straight onto workers and customers then.
Do companies often get sued for contracting the flu while in a theater? I didn't realize that was a thing...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Do companies often get sued for contracting the flu while in a theater? I didn't realize that was a thing...
yeah, i was wondering how there could be lawsuits when the state government says take off the fucking mask. the masks people wear dont do a godamned thing. the microns of covid pass right through all but the highest medical masks and most people are walking around in dollar tree masks or shit they bought on Etsy made by lonely housewives from old T-shirts.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
yeah, i was wondering how there could be lawsuits when the state government says take off the fucking mask. the masks people wear dont do a godamned thing. the microns of covid pass right through all but the highest medical masks and most people are walking around in dollar tree masks or shit they bought on Etsy made by lonely housewives from old T-shirts.

its funny, the mask I use when I have to is this super loose cloth one that barely hangs on my face and the ear loops are nice and super lose.

I might as well be holding a Chinese fan up to my mouth. I'm sure zero protection from covid, but hey its very comfortable!

• 1Worf