They are billions

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I never actually build any soldiers. A ranger ball of 25-30 can clear out a good chunk of the map and even smaller doomtowns if you take it slow. Then I just skip to spamming snipers around day 30-40 ish.

Soldiers are super awkward vs the spitter zombies and just wind up dying unless you're intensely microing them, so I find them just generally not worth it.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Do you ever just look at a gap and think "fuck, is this the best choke point in the area?"

I cringe having to wall up a massive area because there's nothing better within range. Maybe I'm being too picky.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Do you ever just look at a gap and think "fuck, is this the best choke point in the area?"

I cringe having to wall up a massive area because there's nothing better within range. Maybe I'm being too picky.

You don't really need to full wall until the last couple of waves. I basically put up a little scratching post in front of ballistas and usually micro to kite large swarms with a couple of rangers. Spend your resources on economy and constantly expand.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Snipers are what you eventually want to deathball but getting the tech for free doesn't speed things up too much. I generally don't try and spam out snipers until I'm ready to have them roam the map. I generally stick with soldiers to get me through the early game. Free sniper tech still saves you a decent chunk of gold, though.
Yea, had just about 8 of them I think, maybe a few more, and I could see how deadly they were. Was pretty awesome.

Until you switch over to snipers though, do you spam archers? And then there was the first horde to try and defend against.

I also really wish that the scores screen would tell you days and not just points.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Had a lovely map last night, until I let the starter soldier shoot off his gun near a busy choke.

Zerrrrrg

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I won my first game on challenging wooo. 4.5 hours long.

Yea, had just about 8 of them I think, maybe a few more, and I could see how deadly they were. Was pretty awesome.

Until you switch over to snipers though, do you spam archers? And then there was the first horde to try and defend against.

I also really wish that the scores screen would tell you days and not just points.

You don't really need to spam rangers at all. The original 4 will suffice to scout/clear and eventually kite swarms in front of ballista while you make around 20-25 snipers to just roam and clear the map and build economy.

And it should tell you days - "Your colony has survived x days" below the congrats or you suck screen =D

This guy is pretty damn good if you want to watch to learn efficiency. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChOpAw7clTSCro_5x-cKCeQ

Crone

I won my first game on challenging wooo. 4.5 hours long.

You don't really need to spam rangers at all. The original 4 will suffice to scout/clear and eventually kite swarms in front of ballista while you make around 20-25 snipers to just roam and clear the map and build economy.

And it should tell you days - "Your colony has survived x days" below the congrats or you suck screen =D

This guy is pretty damn good if you want to watch to learn efficiency. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChOpAw7clTSCro_5x-cKCeQ
I've seen his videos, and yea, he's pretty amazing. haha!

I guess I've never messed around with ballista before. Will have to look into it.

And it tells me days right after you win/lose a match, I'm talking about the Scores screen accessed from the main page. It keeps track of all your games sorted by score.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I've seen his videos, and yea, he's pretty amazing. haha!

I guess I've never messed around with ballista before. Will have to look into it.

And it tells me days right after you win/lose a match, I'm talking about the Scores screen accessed from the main page. It keeps track of all your games sorted by score.

It's sad he makes it look so easy because I have been increasing in skill pretty well in my 30 hours of play, but I still don't see myself beating brutal even if I dropped 300 hours in.

Ballistas are life especially as you start increasing difficulty since it's usually the only way to protect and clear out when you've got doom towns on all sides when expanding and just having one where you can micro around the first few waves is fantastic. Tech up your wood workshop as fast as possible I usually have one by day 7 tops.

I did not know you could check your scores from the main page. Shows how much I've paid attention.

Crone

It's sad he makes it look so easy because I have been increasing in skill pretty well in my 30 hours of play, but I still don't see myself beating brutal even if I dropped 300 hours in.

Ballistas are life especially as you start increasing difficulty since it's usually the only way to protect and clear out when you've got doom towns on all sides when expanding and just having one where you can micro around the first few waves is fantastic. Tech up your wood workshop as fast as possible I usually have one by day 7 tops.

I did not know you could check your scores from the main page. Shows how much I've paid attention.
And I haven't even teched up a single thing at all either. Lol. Goes to show the different paths we take in this game. I'll be checking it out this week!

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is a little bit irritating how you sometimes don't get any warning when one zombie ends everything for you.

Fuck, I need to work tomorrow but I want to play another map.

Has been a while since a game did that for me...

Last edited:

Crone

So, had to save and tend to real life, but this is my town as it stands now, and I think I've planned it horrendously. I'm not seeing a place for a market, and while there is some decent open space near, I haven't expanded that far. I've hit 2 Zombie waves so far, and both from the south where I have some defenses. I got lucky there. But I'm up to about 20 snipers at this point, and hope the deathball will start rolling.

Suggestions would be fantastic.
Billionstown.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So, had to save and tend to real life, but this is my town as it stands now, and I think I've planned it horrendously. I'm not seeing a place for a market, and while there is some decent open space near, I haven't expanded that far. I've hit 2 Zombie waves so far, and both from the south where I have some defenses. I got lucky there. But I'm up to about 20 snipers at this point, and hope the deathball will start rolling.

East and North East looks like it would've been a good housing zone. Look for whatever's most open and preferably not potential farm land.

I scout a teeny bit before putting down my first tent to get an idea of where the best direction is.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider

You're going to have to push waaaay out. There is practically no expansion space based on what you have so far at day 26. Assuming you're on an easier difficulty you're going to need at least 2.5-3k citizens with appropriate farms to feed them to have enough gold to have funds necessary to complete the game.

Honestly I probably would have remade map as soon as my scouts went out.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there any advantage to stone towers over wooden ones if they don't get hit because they're behind walls?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally got the first map on 100%, and Peaceful Lowlands is kicking my ass with these runner packs.

Crone

You're going to have to push waaaay out. There is practically no expansion space based on what you have so far at day 26. Assuming you're on an easier difficulty you're going to need at least 2.5-3k citizens with appropriate farms to feed them to have enough gold to have funds necessary to complete the game.

Honestly I probably would have remade map as soon as my scouts went out.
What's the best way to push way out and stay safe? Push a little. Build a wall and towers, push a little more, build more walls and towers?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Clear/expand to choke points, fortify choke points only. For the most part you should be able to get by with your units playing defense behind a hastily placed wall if a wave comes in from an unfortified direction. Make sure you have enough rangers patrolling around your base so that you don't let any stragglers through.

FWIW I won the first map by barely fortifying anything other than a few key choke points right near my command center and using my Sniper army to defend against waves.