Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Broke down and bought it.

Died day 20 something my first run.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I usually refuse to buy pre-release, but needed something to play before MH:World comes out.

I finally won a round on accessible difficulty after 12 tries after losing at the end wave 2 times prior and I think it's because I had 2 doom towns that ramped up my resources early otherwise I would have been eff'ed again. 16.5 hours played.

Was more frustrated with this game than Cuphead/Hollow Knights/Dark Souls etc.

Can't wait for campaign mode =O

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Is there something in game that shows you how many (power, workers, and food) you have, how many your consuming, and most importantly, how many are free so you know what buildings you should be putting down next

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Goddamn

Not even at day 10 on one of my maps and a single zombie sneaks into a tent and that's it. Game over.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Happened again on day 20. Sheeeeet, I don't even know how that one snuck in.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I put a couple hours into this last night and died twice. First time, I just didn't know random zombies would start trickling in and had no military near that side of town and got infected like instantly. Second time, was doing really well (I think) but the second "big wave" got me because of the ambiguity of "attacking from the south". Basically, 90% of my walls faced south and I had no way of knowing what part they'd go for. They of course went for the WEAKEST spot somehow and I still almost stopped them but they got into a building with like 7 zombies left and it exploded from there. I wish I had taken a screenshot of how terribly useless "from the south" was for planning my defense. I had expanded a couple times to the east and north but not to the south because of how huge and open that direction was, ironically.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I put a couple hours into this last night and died twice. First time, I just didn't know random zombies would start trickling in and had no military near that side of town and got infected like instantly. Second time, was doing really well (I think) but the second "big wave" got me because of the ambiguity of "attacking from the south". Basically, 90% of my walls faced south and I had no way of knowing what part they'd go for. They of course went for the WEAKEST spot somehow and I still almost stopped them but they got into a building with like 7 zombies left and it exploded from there. I wish I had taken a screenshot of how terribly useless "from the south" was for planning my defense. I had expanded a couple times to the east and north but not to the south because of how huge and open that direction was, ironically.

I've had times where it goes attacking from the south and then the zerg doesn't come from the south at all. It's frustrating as fuck.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
What do you do when you're trying to expand but the next area outside the gate is fairly wide open and no real immediate chokes

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Made it to day 80 @ 75% score. The last few waves felt like they were coming at faster and faster intervals

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Made it to final wave @ 75%.

Thought I was doing alright until I saw that THEY ARE BILLIONS.

Just sat back and watched it all fall apart.

Molten Core Raider

I always try to intercept the incoming herd with at least four archers. So long as you provide a better target they will follow your archers and you can guide them to the kill box of your choice from there. I try to have a couple walls and snipers ready before the first attack wave at day 20 and send them to the location the horde is attacking as soon as I get the message. Kite the herd around and allow your snipers to pick them off.

This only really works on the first couple waves because eventually there's too many for a handful of archers to distract but it helps in the early game.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
kiting can solve a lot of situations that would otherwise be a straight wipe

on the final wave i usually destroy all my houses and most of my buildings, so i can create additional walls to fall back behind as the outside of the base inevitably crumbles

buildings spawn zombies equal to the number of workers / colonists inside them, it adds up very quickly, so no need to keep them around

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm looking at some 100%+ games screenshots of people who have full map walls. How?

Is this all about bank and market placement?

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm looking at some 100%+ games screenshots of people who have full map walls. How?

Is this all about bank and market placement?

It's all about the economy, you need to develop a housing area that makes full use of those buildings asap and then find another piece of land that you can use to build another one afterwards.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
If your initial location doesn't allow a setup where at least 85% of your houses take advantage of the market, expand towards a location that does, even if it means scraping a bunch of tents early-midgame.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yep, any other shortcomings in your defenses can be 100% made up for by a strong economy.

My last run on the tundra map I ended with a population of ~2700, with 3 bank/markets surrounded by stone houses. 90something towers of snipers, 45 thanatos, and a few dozen shocking/executor towers is usually enough to never have your outer walls breached.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Started new map
Read lots about proper bank and market placement while at work today
Starting zone solid
Lots of room for homes
Pumping out tents and food like a boss
Already have snipers!
Ignore a tiny weak spot
Single zombie infects a tent
/Concede

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Desert map feels nigh impossible so far. Expanding is such a nightmare with how many zombies there are, and it starts just sending random runners at you as early as like day 5.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Getting overconfident in my early building phases. Got a bit too hot on a doomtown choke and the zombies dwellers didn't care for that and ran a train on my wall. At day 14.

I gotta re-evaluate how horny I get with snipers close to those towns.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've made it to day 60 at 100% so far...this game is really hard. I love it, but wish I could re-play the same map sometimes.

I'm having trouble expanding past day 35 or so, can't clear zombies fast enough to move my base walls out while keeping up with incoming waves. I thought this last run I did when I had 10 Thanatos at day 50 would be fine for expansion, but the zombies kept coming and my Thanatos army was placed incorrectly because of that, and the zombies wrecked my shit anyway.