They are billions

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Last night my main base was doing amazing, and I made a push to expand into a large ore area. Of course once I clear it out and place down teslas I get one of those mini rushes from all sides. Should've kept my full clear-out team in the area.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Finally beat the first map on 75%

Thanatos everywhere

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Could you ask for a better start on map 3? I know I'm gonna fuck this up.

EDIT: First mayor was bonus farm.

EDIT: RIP, zombie slipped through.

20180125205214_1.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Nah, they come from all over depending on your sound output, which I haven't 100% figured out yet.

First map and second map are 100% sound generation, map 3 is 50% sound generation and map 4 is 150%.

Take care with that starting soldier on map 4.

won with the zombies taking down the wood workshop (couldn't raze that! argh! Never building that next to the CC again) right next to the CC.

you can have your own troops attack it if you want to destroy a structure you can't demolish

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Patch 0.6 just hit

+ shift waypoints setting

+ old towers added

+ languages

+ community challenge: ONE shot at a map, compete with everyone else.

Leaderboard for the challenge currently consists exclusively of failures

ecVabbC.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Had a bunch of zombies from a mid game wave slip between a stone wall and a mountain. An area my units couldn't even walk between earlier in the game.

Rage.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got fucked by greedily expanding to the east after taking the southern doom village, then just as I almost had the Tesla line up to the place, the big wave comes from the east and I can't afford properly defending yet, so they break through and get into my second market/bank district

TheyAreBillions 2018-01-28 00-13-22-32.png

Lost literally half my colony before I stopped it and couldn't recover (I was still repairing shit when the next swarm hit), so Thanatos was delayed too much and I just lose to this at the tightest choke on the map.

TheyAreBillions 2018-01-27 23-24-54-47.png

TheyAreBillions 2018-01-28 00-14-21-89.png

And that's still a top 10% performance, rank 1291 out of 13100. Man, people struggle with this game.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Wanna know how tense the last part of my game was? I have a motion sensor in my basement where my PC is to turn off the Phillip Hue lights after 45 minutes of no motion detected.

Lights turned off while I was in the room playing. Focused. Hands glued to mouse and KB.

sigh

smh

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To my knowledge, the initial reaction of a doom town is responding to noise and sending zombies to where the noise originated (you can see this is if you take a bunch of snipers near a doom town, shoot zombies until the town spawns zombies, then run away. The horde will stop exactly at the spot there snipers had been at

Given I was just shooting bows like 20 tiles away before the lookout tower went up I really doubt the town reacted to that. But I've never seen a doom town preempitvely belch out a few waves..

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Do Doom towns have a limit to how many they can spawn? Like if you clear out their huge attack wave when you first engage will they stop spawning more. Or is it on a timer and will build up another wave eventually?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea you can win a war of attrition vs doom towns with just archer balls if you take it slow and retreat when needed to thin out the spawns. I usually will start tackling the towns once I have a ~25ish archer ball, but more is always safer.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Winter map

So is the challenge here that you have to expand out to find those small farm patches asap?