Thor: Love and Thunder (2021)

Grivyn

Molten Core Raider
Hard pass for me. To the point probably wont even torrent it when it comes out on streaming release. Can go right in the movies that were blotted from existence next to the all female ghostbusters and the all female oceans 11.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Portman is a good actress. She's just accepted some questionable roles. Like the Star Wars prequels.

How Lucas managed to make good actors look so bad in the prequels still boggles the mind.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think she's a good actress only if a certain role is teed up for her to hit it out of the park. She isn't versatile. She can't turn lemons into lemonade.

• 3Like
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I think she's a good actress only if a certain role is teed up for her to hit it out of the park. She isn't versatile. She can't turn lemons into lemonade.
I mean Ewan Mcgregor and Liam Neeson couldn't save the prequels so there's that.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Hopefully it's something brief, like 5 minutes. Honestly even in the good movies we only get a few minutes each time of Thor whipping ass. Like in Infinity War you only see him at the end really kicking ass.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Think about it. Does she get his axe or the hammer? He doesn't NEED either of them, but they are a handy thing to have

My suspicion will be that in founding "New Valhalla" on Earth and settling in as it's leader now he will go gather the pieces of the hammer, take it to the old Dwarf Forge and have it reforged (Since he has access to get there via his buddies the GoTG) and give that to her.

The question will be how overtly and punishingly "grrrl pwwr" this will be. It sucks that after as much as I absolutely lovely Ragnarok I will wait to read reviews and such before seeing this. I just don't trust them not to use this as the next step in the "get woke go broke" slide. Then blame the fans if it isn't well received.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
My suspicion will be that in founding "New Valhalla" on Earth and settling in as it's leader now he will go gather the pieces of the hammer, take it to the old Dwarf Forge and have it reforged (Since he has access to get there via his buddies the GoTG) and give that to her.

The question will be how overtly and punishingly "grrrl pwwr" this will be. It sucks that after as much as I absolutely lovely Ragnarok I will wait to read reviews and such before seeing this. I just don't trust them not to use this as the next step in the "get woke go broke" slide. Then blame the fans if it isn't well received.

No, the question isn't about 'girl power' or whatever.

The only question that matters is, HAVE THEY GOT MY LEG?

(also, will this move be good?)

• 3Garbage

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Not gonna lie, I'll probably be there opening weekend. I have no reason to doubt that Taika will not produce a good movie.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Also

Trivia
Valkyrie, who's now the new Queen of New Asgard in Avengers: Endgame (2019) will be Marvel Comics' first LGBT superhero.

Say what? Captain marvel was retconned to straight? When was that cut of the movie released and did they take out rocket bagging on her hair?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It will still be a good movie despite the SJW shittiness

Director: Taika Waititi

That's all I needed. When he finally lays an egg I'll start doubting him. But that hasn't happened yet.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Siliconemelons

"Asgard needs no /King/ when it has QUEENS!"

You cucks "YYYAAASSSSSS" (tossing money)

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, aside from the obvious and tedious SJW reasoning for doing this, as long as Thor himself isn't changed into a female, I'm not pissed that some human woman will wield Mjolnir. If a mutant(?) like Beta Ray Bill could, so can she. Sucks that this isn't about BRB though. Would make 10x as much.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Well, aside from the obvious and tedious SJW reasoning for doing this, as long as Thor himself isn't changed into a female, I'm not pissed that some human woman will wield Mjolnir. If a mutant(?) like Beta Ray Bill could, so can she. Sucks that this isn't about BRB though. Would make 10x as much.

I agree with you on one level, but in the marvel *cinematic* universe, only one person besides thor has wielded Mjolnir, Captain America. And that was built up with Avengers 2, and also Cap being like the best superhero for almost a decade. I'm ignoring Hella bc she kinda held it. Wouldn't it cheapen Cap's wielding it against Thanos by Black Swan holding it?

... god damn, how awesome was that scene when Thanos is about to kill Thor, and you see the hammer start moving. Fuck that was so awesome.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I agree with you on one level, but in the marvel *cinematic* universe, only one person besides thor has wielded Mjolnir, Captain America. And that was built up with Avengers 2, and also Cap being like the best superhero for almost a decade. I'm ignoring Hella bc she kinda held it. Wouldn't it cheapen Cap's wielding it against Thanos by Black Swan holding it?

... god damn, how awesome was that scene when Thanos is about to kill Thor, and you see the hammer start moving. Fuck that was so awesome.
Ultron, Cap was the only one who could even move it.
cap-thor-hammer-age-of-ultron.gif

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Hopefully it's something brief, like 5 minutes. Honestly even in the good movies we only get a few minutes each time of Thor whipping ass. Like in Infinity War you only see him at the end really kicking ass.
Do you think he'll be back in shape for this one, or rocking End Game's beer gut?