Thor: Love and Thunder (2021)

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Iron man came out in 2008 Disney bought Marvel 2010
Iron Man 1 was pre disney
I think up to Cap 1 it was solo Marvel
once disney took over the "no blood" rule came into effect cause in Cap 1 they had that dude thrown into the propeller and he quite quickly turned into a red mist, which I dont think Disney would have allowed

Scene is at about 1:15

If the blood thing is true then Gorr is going to be a huge anticlimax.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, there's been blood in the other movies, that's not really an issue i don't think. i mean, did a lack of blood in endgame or infinity war cause any issues?

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
once disney took over the "no blood" rule came into effect
I think they have loosened up on it a bit lately
You not only don't know what you're talking about, but you're shifting, pivoting AND having a terrible memory with all of it.

EP.4FandtheWS.png

"Maybe Marvel movies just ain't your game, Sevens. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!"

ShinySatisfiedGroundhog-max-1mb.gif

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
If the blood thing is true then Gorr is going to be a huge anticlimax.

Outside of the fact that I'm pretty sure he pulled the no blood rule thing out of his ass, we've still had beheadings, people impaled, and even Thor's eye torn out of his head.

Even without Kill Bill levels of blood shooting out, people still get pretty fucked up

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

well, disney definitely has some level of muted blood... i mean they edited out the blood on cap's shield in cap and winter soldier recently. but i think they generally are pretty creative with how they show violence without showing blood and gore.

Sevens

Log Wizard
well, disney definitely has some level of muted blood... i mean they edited out the blood on cap's shield in cap and winter soldier recently. but i think they generally are pretty creative with how they show violence without showing blood and gore.
Disney films have long been sanitized, and although we've seen death in Disney's animated movies before (Bambi's mother, Simba's dad, Nemo's mother, countless goons in The Incredibles and so on), they really never feature blood, despite the violent nature of many of the plots.

A dude being thrown into a propeller and turned into a red mist might be a little too much for them. Just like Disney would never have allowed the Tony Stark sex scene in Iron Man 1. The whole point was that the MCU was not always under the Disney flag. And yes, with Disney+ now having the Punisher and DareDevil they have added a PG 13 password protection on all the accounts so yes, recently they have loosened up a bit with the blood in some of the more adult shows ( Moon Knight)

moon.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

I don't hate female Thor, having muscles in Marvel doesn't mean shit, I just find the character boring or bad. No one hated on Steinfeld really for taking over for Hawkeye but they showed a good backround. Winter soldier should have took the shield since falcoln is not super human like Tony stark and has to rely on tech

Let's not forget falcon can't get a lone for his bubba Gump shrimp company, then they got wrecked by ghetto teenagers.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Dislike

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I mean he has Stormbreaker plus his lightning powers innately, he doesn't need Mjolnir
one hammer he's been using since he was a kid, the other one is really an axe made out of a kids arm

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
one hammer he's been using since he was a kid, the other one is really an axe made out of a kids arm
he doesnt even have anything in that picture, i guess its ok to take Thor's traditional weapons away and give it to a woman, thats totally not symbolic of anything.

• 4Like
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
he doesnt even have anything in that picture, i guess its ok to take Thor's traditional weapons away and give it to a woman, thats totally not symbolic of anything.
theres no enchantment on stormbreaker so she'll probably duel wield em

• 2Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Even his costume looks more bargain bin than hers... She looks terrific. Maroon/black > gold/blue.

I guess its ok to take Thor's traditional weapons away and give it to a woman, thats totally not symbolic of anything.
I see what you're seeing, don't get me wrong, but hell, you could also look at it like... she got his broken, hand-me-down tool while he has the manlier axe~

I saw a poll on YouTube (which obviously means it's unofficial) but more people liked Stormbreaker vs Mjolnir anyway.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Even his costume looks more bargain bin than hers... She looks terrific. Maroon/black > gold/blue.

I see what you're seeing, don't get me wrong, but hell, you could also look at it like... she got his broken, hand-me-down tool while he has the manlier axe~

I saw a poll on YouTube (which obviously means it's unofficial) but more people liked Stormbreaker vs Mjolnir anyway.
it doesnt matter if SB looks cool, Mjolnir is his birthright. its literally his identity.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Homsar

I don't see how she can weild the hammer, she hasn't shown anything, Cap on the other hand has shown he's worthy over the years

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users