Thor: Love and Thunder (2021)

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I enjoyed it, except for

Making Korg gay and presenting it has if his whole species was male after he clearly mentions(in Ragnarok) his mom and her boyfriend being the only ones who showed up for his rebellion.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I just watched Moon Knight a week ago and I loved it. Was it universally not likes here? That ranking seems way to low for me, personally.

Lack of actual Moon Knight and building up to something awesome we never got.

Also dont see how anyone can see having the climax of the season happen during a blackout and not shown as anything other than complete bullshit

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I just watched Moon Knight a week ago and I loved it. Was it universally not likes here? That ranking seems way to low for me, personally.
Moon Knight barely had any Moon Knight and the writing was dumb as all hell (yeah, most MCU writing is shit, I'll still complain about it). Oscar Isaac's acting was about the only good thing in it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
How “woke” or gay is it?
It was only slightly woke. And not really gay at all. They talked about Valk "loving" the other female Valk's. And she misses them. Korg also tells a story about there only being male rock people. 2 dads walk down and hold hands over lava. Then after a while, a new rock person appears when they finally take their hands apart. Thor was a little cucked. The movie talked about Thor blocking his heart. Never opening up to people, just to prevent getting hurt in the future, and this is entirely because he fell for Jane. Then they started to grow apart before completely splitting up.

The music was interesting. There was the traditional "marvel" intro, but they retooled it with guitars instead of synthesizers. It went from that guitar intro to Enya's, "Only Time".
Then right into GNR's "Welcome to the Jungle". They also had a funny in-movie commercial for Old Spice starring Valk. Other songs are Guns N' Roses "Paradise City", Abba's "Our Last Summer", Mary J. Bilge's "Family Affair", GNR's "Sweet Child of Mine", Ciera's "Goodies", GNR's November Rain, and Dio's "Rainbow in the Dark".

There were 2 after-credit scenes.
Introduces Hercules, the son of Zeus. Nothing happens, just says the name and a guy stands up to acknowledge that he is Hercules.
This one confirms the existence of Valhalla. That's Asgard's version of Heaven, so everyone that died in Thor 1 -> 3 are bound to be there.

• 2Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, this series of movies is dead too? It seems to fall into 2 categories; "meh, it was something to do" or " God damn I don't give a shit about these anymore".

• 4Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So, this series of movies is dead too? It seems to fall into 2 categories; "meh, it was something to do" or " God damn I don't give a shit about these anymore".
i dont think its dead, but the direction of the MCU is rudderless at the moment. phase 4 is a dud. maybe phase 5 will make sense.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This is a rebuilding phase. It's all the new characters and concepts they are throwing at us. Gods, cosmic entities, multiple dimensions, etc.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
They took all the propaganda that ruined the most recent Matrix movie, and made a Thor movie with it LOL

• 3Like

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
One thing that was kind of off putting for me was Jane's humor and tone. It's been a while since I've seen Thor 1 or 2 but I remember Jane being much more serious to go along with the overall pre-ragnarok tone. They tried to ragnarok'ify Jane too much, which combined with her fighting cancer, just seemed off. The banter about her catch phrase was super cringe to me.

Chunky Kat was a disappointment too.

• 2Like

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
After giving it some thought, I think I know what was bothering me about Thor. He's the Harley Quinn of the Marvel universe. They pushed his personality too far to the point that he's just annoying. The whole 'I am an Idiot and oblivious' routine is so, so old.

Gor was wasted in this movie. He was fantastic and could have carried 3 films as a villain if this was done right.

Eternity looked fantastic. The kids scene at the end was CRINGE as hell, like I actually had to look away it was so bad.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
i dont think its dead, but the direction of the MCU is rudderless at the moment. phase 4 is a dud. maybe phase 5 will make sense.
Hopefully they sell Marvel to someone who cares about the actual story and not "the message".

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Hopefully they sell Marvel to someone who cares about the actual story and not "the message".
Marvel is fine where it is, even their creepy SJW phase wouldnt be as bad as it is if they had a coherent point or story arch to build up to. Harshaw says this is a rebuilding phase, which is fine and expected, but the building needs to look like a building at some point, right now it looks like a bunch of mismatched girders and beams.
Marvel given to any other studio would end up worse than it is now. they arre all woke assholes lacking creativity or respect for their properties.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
Naw this reshuffle is boring. Wandavision started the snowball downhill.

• 4Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
We knew this was gonna happen. You aren't going to be locking down actors for 30 years. With all the shit going down Marvel is still putting out content better than what DC is doing. That ship is dead in the water at this point besides Black Adam and Shazam.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
We knew this was gonna happen. You aren't going to be locking down actors for 30 years. With all the shit going down Marvel is still putting out content better than what DC is doing. That ship is dead in the water at this point besides Black Adam and Shazam.

What?

Why would bringing in new characters mean it all needs to be shitty?

Peacemaker and Doom Patrol are great.

The last Suicide Squad and the Snyder cut of Justice League are also better than a lot of the shit marvel has put out lately.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
The other problem is that there is no underlying theme. In Phase 1, each solo movie had a tie to the larger Infinity War end goal. RIght now, its a dude. They should have transitioned to Secret Wars right off the bat, laying a clear path.

I could care less about Hercules. That reveal was so bad. What WOULD have been great is a Dr. Doom Easter Egg leading into FF and prepping Secret Wars. Handled correct, Secret Wars could be bigger than Infinity War. But that is looking truly doubtful.

• 1Solidarity

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Marvel is fine where it is, even their creepy SJW phase wouldnt be as bad as it is if they had a coherent point or story arch to build up to. Harshaw says this is a rebuilding phase, which is fine and expected, but the building needs to look like a building at some point, right now it looks like a bunch of mismatched girders and beams.
Marvel given to any other studio would end up worse than it is now. they arre all woke assholes lacking creativity or respect for their properties.

Or ya know maybe read some of the comics before you start making a movie

• 3Like