Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
i fucking loved this movie, holy shit it was epic. easily the best of the lot. only stupid part was putting Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song in it. no need to Guardians Of The Galaxy this masterpiece. Khorum was right. this is top tier of the marvel franchise, the Dark Elf Thor and that ridiculous first one were HORRIBLE. i guess its time i watch Black Dindu. look out Khalid, here i come
Dude. It was the best and most memorable use of music in any Marvel movie.

I only regret they didnt play it again when he entered the fight in Wakanda.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
A lot of people liked BP a lot. I probably would have liked it (because of how much I enjoy EVERY OTHER Marvel Movie) if not for my desire to use logic. And belief in humanity.

Reasons are here:
1a.) BP's entire superpower is based off of Vibranium, a metal from a meteor that struck earth. The metal has magical properties, like causing plants that grow around the crash site to have the ability to grant the ingestor with strength and speed.
2a.) The metal itself causes technology to develop at an alarming rate. Around 2 generations ahead of anything that doesn't also use said metal.
3a.) The metal is priceless. And it is highly sought after by criminals.

1b.) So, regarding 1a, I'm fine with a magic meteorite causing plants to give super powers. That works for me.
2b.) This entire thing is bullshit. And it's too much for me to accept. It's removing all of human intelligence for no reason. The metal itself doesn't have ANY intelligence. It simply exists. That fact doesn't suddenly grant the user an intelligence that surpasses EVERYONE ELSE on Earth. So fuck this +15 to technology passive effect.
3b.) That makes a lot of sense also. If there is a metal that is strong and light (like Titanium, but so much better), then it's ABSOLUTELY believable that everyone would want it. And the value would be astronomical. However, Wakanda goes out of its way to NEVER sell this metal. In fact, when foreign places end up with it, they steal it back so that no one else can use it. So because they never sell it, how the fuck is the country wealthy? Having Aluminum doesn't also grant you the power of flight, even though every airplane is created with aluminum. That doesn't make any sense.

And those are my biggest issues with Black Panther. PS - The Blu-Rays come out on Tuesday.

Those are fair criticisms. But Iron Man has a power supply that lets him make armor that can withstand tanks. Like the armor is still made out of normal metals and shit, but protects Tony from getting punched by Thor.

You can hand wave mumbo jumbo that studying the vibranium led them to technology similar to Iron Mans Bleeding Edge Infinity War armor back in like 1920.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dude. It was the best and most memorable use of music in any Marvel movie.

I only regret they didnt play it again when he entered the fight in Wakanda.
i have no problems with the song or its use in the movie, it just felt like they did it because they were unsure people would like this movie because the last Thor was horrible and everyone seems to love GotG. because of that, it felt out of place.

Last edited:
  • 4Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i have no problems with the song or its use in the movie, it just felt like they did it because they were unsure people would like this movie because the last Thor was horrible and everyone seems to love GotG. because of that, it felt out of place.

Not sure if joking or just Chuk. The entire fucking movie was Asgardians of the Galaxy, the song wasn't out of place at all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
All the movies set in the Cosmic settings are using Guardians style music and visuals as well. Color palate and all that shit. They've stated that was their intention and it's glaringly obvious when you watch this movie.