Throne and Liberty (Formerly Project TL)

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They stated in the video that there would be large PvE raids that required a lot of players. What a lot means is unknown.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
T&L was delayed to 2023 recently
Thank you. I figured the game was getting delayed. There is just too little of information around the game for it to be fully released in 4 months. They might do a Korean Launch first, as finding an American publisher appears to also be a problem they are having.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
They stated in the video that there would be large PvE raids that required a lot of players. What a lot means is unknown.
Big difference between instanced and outdoor pve raids though. I would love to see actual challenging outdoor raid bosses, it is highly doubtful that they could pull it off though.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Has there ever been a non instanced challenging raid boss encounter? I can’t recall one. I feel like its just too prone to zergs of people showing up with performance taking a shit. So it’s either wait around for your loot /reward too easy, or just hope you don’t get targeted by the Insta gib bs mechanic form of ‘hard’. You can’t really do elegantly designed non instanced raid encounters I think.

the one exception could be something like a kerafyrm fight where access is highly restricted so it’s more likely that you have a limited set or higher skilled players showing up. But I doubt anyone is going to do that anymore

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Has there ever been a non instanced challenging raid boss encounter? I can’t recall one. I feel like its just too prone to zergs of people showing up with performance taking a shit. So it’s either wait around for your loot /reward too easy, or just hope you don’t get targeted by the Insta gib bs mechanic form of ‘hard’. You can’t really do elegantly designed non instanced raid encounters I think.

the one exception could be something like a kerafyrm fight where access is highly restricted so it’s more likely that you have a limited set or higher skilled players showing up. But I doubt anyone is going to do that anymore
Not since Everquest, Karnors Castle comes to mind and I am sure many more from that era. Just not lately.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not since Everquest, Karnors Castle comes to mind and I am sure many more from that era. Just not lately.
I mean I guess Venril is more prone to fuck up a zerg since people could pull aggro and basically turn the rape machine on. But hes generally not what I would call a difficult boss, just gimmicky. I dont think there is a boss without a straight gimmick that Ive encountered that is challenging to both a small group of players and a zerg. I guess you could do some kind of scaling, but at a certain point.. it seems like its damage is just going to out pace what a tank could withstand, even with a proper rotation.

I personally thought Lord Kazzak was really entertaining with its waves of shadow bolts and people running away in fear. Then to top it off, Lord Kazzak was just powerful enough that it would wipe the unprepared. I'd like to see that return and the theatrics of the world bosses be pushed even more over the top. Like change the sky box and shit like Asherons Call did. Lets see some terrain change out of no where like the Travis Scott Fortnite concert. I mean make it a real spectacle, enough to where the marketing team wants to put that shit in promotion material. Even if the big baddy of the expansion still holds the lime light.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Rumor is they are trying to get Amazon to publish. I'm sure that has something to do with the push. Amazon won't want to compete with themselves on NW.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If this game is even half descent in what it offers, it will end New World. New World is already barely surviving as it is. Most players playing it, play it because we are in a good MMO drought. It has some new features that sound intriguing but Korean. Korean games have not usually met with positive reviews on a large scale. They are known for the grinds and often having Pay to win mechanics attached. Maybe this will be different but I will not be shocked if it is not. Hopefully the game can be engaging enough not to care.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is the first MMO that's also pushing a console release. I'm looking forward to this idea since I try to keep off the PC at night these days.

I wouldn't even know how to play ff14 on a keyboard/mouse anymore.

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
This is the first MMO that's also pushing a console release. I'm looking forward to this idea since I try to keep off the PC at night these days.

I wouldn't even know how to play ff14 on a keyboard/mouse anymore.
how dare you

eqoa.png

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gimme a break. "In 22/23". Like 15 MMOs in development atm and this is the only one mentioning consoles.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Gimme a break. "In 22/23". Like 15 MMOs in development atm and this is the only one mentioning consoles.

Ok but that's way different than "first" since there's been plenty of console MMOs

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Thank you. I figured the game was getting delayed. There is just too little of information around the game for it to be fully released in 4 months. They might do a Korean Launch first, as finding an American publisher appears to also be a problem they are having.

They are looking for a "Global" publisher. They don't need a publisher for America, they already have one, it's called NCSoft West. The thought of AGS having anything at all to do with publishing this game is seriously disappointing.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They are looking for a "Global" publisher. They don't need a publisher for America, they already have one, it's called NCSoft West. The thought of AGS having anything at all to do with publishing this game is seriously disappointing.
More disappointing than NCSoft West?

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Hmm interesting. Like others have said, I want to see the underbelly. BDO was great in combat, the world, life skills at the start. It was also very smooth imo(I never took part in node wars). Their gearing system at the start sucked, hard. Watching shit blow up or downgrade(aka losing time) was just not fun and most people quit. While they still have the same system atm, their seasons now are great(mainly because they give you free gear, bypassing their shitty system). Also their pricing on costumes is outrageous imo. Also BDO I felt was really lax on social interaction in terms of PVE. Unless you did node wars, it was basically a solo game. Which is weird for something called a MMO. Some dungeons or something that makes people work together, that isnt pvp. Hell some open world dungeons in the BDO world would of been cool.

If this game can remove the bad, keep the good or improve , I am all for it. Will have to see. MMO land is pretty barren atm(dont say ffxiv chris!). I was more just looking to the future for things like AoC or the riot MMO.

• 2Like