Throne and Liberty (Formerly Project TL)

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
It appears that the dev team from Blessed Unleash (Neowiz) have joined the NCsoft team and quite a few youtubers are putting out videos drawing the parallels on some of the art and combat design.

I don't think this is a bad thing per say. I really enjoyed the combat flow for Blessed Unleash.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fingersnap, fingersnap. It haunts my nightmares from Bless Unleashed. (Or whatever that release was)
Hopefully this doesnt suck.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some new footage.

Fights are zergfests as thought. Some nice animation and world designs. I liked the whale.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Interesting video. Still amazes me that this game is still set for 4th quarter release but so much is still not known. The "open no downside PvP" at night gives me a little pause. Its stated that players can change day to night and I presume night to day. I will be curious as to how they handle this. Its got to be on a timer of some sort or it gets silly. Setup a large ambush and then go full eclipse and take out players in various situations with no draw back. This will make for a great feature study for Ashes of Creation to look at. They can study how well the PvP ideas work and are accepted by the player base. I am looking forward to this game just for a lot of the new ideas that are in the game.

Here is hoping that it actually does come out by the end of the year.
Ya it’s great we can learn for the 50th time that games that allow rpking fail horrible but just like the communists they will say it wasn’t done well enough so doesn’t count as proof it’s a bad idea.

• 1Like

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hey Crowfall did great.

Well.

It did okay.

Well.

It got bought.

Well.

A Year ago, and is on life support!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here is a Dev preview, released a few days ago, show new gameplay / environments:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like some of the aspects. Open world dungeons will be interesting.

I see both a good and a bad to that design. I am wondering how loot is handled. I presume loot is a participation thing instead of a limited drop that has to be divided out. This will of course promote zerg forces as that is the easier way. If zerg, do I just have to hit the boss one time? I love how you can skip portions of a dungeon. I also noted that despite the fairly large size of the one they showed, that it looked like it kept going deeper.

Looks like everybody is a Druid with shape shift instead of mounts. That is a different way of handling travel. Can collect shapes instead of mounts. I do think I would prefer mounts but maybe they will add those in later.

This will be the best looking MMO when it releases. It is using Unreal 5 which might also have had something to do with why Ashes of Creation switched to it. Both of the games look to have a similar amount of detail. They also share a lot with new things like Weather events. I will check this out as I have no doubt this will have a couple of months of entertainment.

• 1Like

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is what MMO's have become, action combat twitch games. Guess I'll have to keep waiting for the Vanguard emulator project.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This is what MMO's have become, action combat twitch games. Guess I'll have to keep waiting for the Vanguard emulator project.
No, this is what most, "triple A, Twitch.tv streamer friendly" MMOs have become.

"Tactical", geezer MMOs still exist.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It looks great but then again so do most of Korean games, that has never been something an issue with their games. Grind and P2W are always the major issues with Korean games. Until I know more about these aspect, I'll remain cautiously reserved about it.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Lol at all the Mask-ons testing this.

At first I thought one was cut out for the guys mouth, reminded me of this lol

r

• 1Worf

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Lol at all the Mask-ons testing this.
Asian countries have masks and social unity embedded in their culture, to be fair.
Even pre-COVID, they'd wear masks to indicate sickness.

They're a bit more tight knit than Americans in that regard. See: The execs who kill themselves when they have a commercial failure or a big scandal because they can't handle the shame of disappointing their country.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
As others have said, it will probably be your typical korean p2w grindfest. I'll plan to just stick to my 20-year-old game emus unless I hear differently. As far as new games go, I look forward to Pantheon in 2062.