Throne and Liberty (Formerly Project TL)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Slated for global launch later this year. They scrapped the Lost Ark isometric version and went with BDO style.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Newest iteration of Lineage by NCSoft? Looks like BDO in a lot of ways. Which hell, if it wasnt for my gear blowing up - I probably never would have quit back on thats release. Still chuckle at Asian games that are 100% white people though, lol.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Newest iteration of Lineage by NCSoft? Looks like BDO in a lot of ways. Which hell, if it wasnt for my gear blowing up - I probably never would have quit back on thats release. Still chuckle at Asian games that are 100% white people though, lol.

During the most recent change in direction they decided to not make it a Lineage game. It's a new IP and they are also making another game set in the same world on the Eastern continent that will be Korean themed instead of European medieval.

• 2Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Project E is the eastern continent with asian theme and TL (previously The Lineage, now Throne and Liberty) is the western/medieval continent but they take place within the same "world".

surprisingly little info about the game that's been in development for 11 years and comes out in less than 6 months, other than some translated producers letters and some youtube previews. one interesting thing of note is while they obviously will have pvp (massive pvp city siege battles in that trailer) they are also focusing on PVE with massive bosses since they realize most mmo players prefer PVE content. also can see it in the video but fast travel is done by polymorphing, can turn into wolves/cats for "mount" speed, eagles for flying, sharks for water, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I just finished Lost Ark, not really looking forward to another Korean MMO. The massive scale of PvE / PvP in the trailer looks interesting tho.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah this depends on how many stupid Korean elements are involved. Lost Ark is barely tolerable. Want to Buy an American Released game that is made by competent people.

• 2Solidarity

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I doubt NCSoft has a studio able to capture what Lineage 2 had going for it, or even Blade & Soul. This game, from what is shown, and the sequel to B&S both look a bit generic. I'll try T&L out though, hopefully their Dark Elf females (if they exist) have as nice boob physics as L2's did. ;p

Last edited:

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
This game up on Youtube again. I'm sold since it'll be on PS5 and most of the MMO releases aren't.

Any scoops for this one?

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Started following this, looks pretty solid and a nice alternative to DragonGay.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The videos look nice, but there is a surprising lack of information given it's proximity to release, if the date is accurate.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The videos look nice, but there is a surprising lack of information given it's proximity to release, if the date is accurate.
Game looks good, but I already know its going to have some lame gear upgrade system and a lot of P2W.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will be sad if the gear upgrade is a mirror copy of Black Sands or Lost Arc. Then you know they also would have daily systems, that essentially change the game to a boring ass grind of a job .

It will probably be fun up to that point

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
its going to have some lame gear upgrade system
This is honestly what keeps me from most Korean MMOs. I LOVE a good grindfest and shit that is "hard" to obtain, but the RNG nature of Korean MMO's gearing system is just something I've realized I can't really fucking stand. It's a shame too, because they make gorgeous looking MMOs as well as really great combat systems.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
YEah looks cool but you dont know whats under the hood. All arrows point to it being just another Lost Ark/BDO gear upgrade BS RNG systems that suck all the life out of these games.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
YEah looks cool but you dont know whats under the hood. All arrows point to it being just another Lost Ark/BDO gear upgrade BS RNG systems that suck all the life out of these games.
Honestly, BDO has come the "closest" and was the first MMO since WoW that I "subscribed"(I only allowed myself to spend a max of $15/month on cash shop items) to for longer than 4 months. BDO's upgrade system wasn't that bad once you understood it and realized it was a numbers/capital game. For most players, it was FAR easier/wiser to save yourself the headache and just grind up the currency required to buy your upgrades from the AH(another problem I have with Korean MMOs, but I like player-driven economies more than the raiding scene typically, so I usually overlook that the "best" gear comes from the AH in many Eastern MMOs).

BDO lost me when the cash shop started becoming predatory as shit. They were intentionally designing new quests for extremely useful items( i.e. a horse whistle that could call your mount to you from almost anywhere)and "locking" them behind the cash shop. You could do the dailies for the "free" version that'd take you something like 60 days of mind-numbingly boring quests. Orrrrrr...you could drop $10 and just buy the "paid" version of the whistle and skip all that. That was the point where I realized the type of future BDO had and noped the fuck out..

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Interesting video. Still amazes me that this game is still set for 4th quarter release but so much is still not known. The "open no downside PvP" at night gives me a little pause. Its stated that players can change day to night and I presume night to day. I will be curious as to how they handle this. Its got to be on a timer of some sort or it gets silly. Setup a large ambush and then go full eclipse and take out players in various situations with no draw back. This will make for a great feature study for Ashes of Creation to look at. They can study how well the PvP ideas work and are accepted by the player base. I am looking forward to this game just for a lot of the new ideas that are in the game.

Here is hoping that it actually does come out by the end of the year.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Havent seen much info about raid and dungeons. Looks like a pvp focused game at this time, hopefully it will be more than just pvp/siege warfare.

• 1Like