ThunderCats Roar - Proof there is no God

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: ThunderCats Roar

Genre: Animation, Comedy, Action & Adventure, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Cast: Max Mittelman

Overview: Lion-O and the ThunderCats — Tygra, Panthro, Cheetara, Wilykat and Wilykit — barely escape the sudden destruction of their home world, Thundera, only to crash land on the mysterious and exotic planet of Third Earth. Lion-O, the newly appointed Lord of the ThunderCats, attempts to lead the team as they make this planet their new home. A bizarre host of creatures and villains stand in their way, including the evil Mumm-Ra, Third Earth’s wicked ruler who will let nothing, including the ThunderCats, stop his tyrannical reign over the planet.

• 3Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>

From wikipedia:

On May 18, 2018, it was announced that a third ThunderCats cartoon, ThunderCats Roar, will premiere in 2019. The show's developers are Victor Courtright and Marly Halpern-Graser. Courtright previously worked on Pickle and Peanut as a writer/storyboard artist and created the Cartoon Network Studios digital series Get 'Em Tommy. Halpern-Graser previously worked as a writer for various DC Nation Shorts and was co-creator of Disney XD's show Right Now Kapow. ThunderCats Roar features less realistic, cartoony animation and a more lighthearted, comedic tone than previous Thundercats installments. The show has a premise similar to the original; the ThunderCats escape their dying homeworld Thundera only to crashland on Third World, facing off against various villains including Third World's evil overlord, Mumm-Ra.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I really liked the Thundercats reboot they did with the anime style animation. This shit is gross though.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Thats just how cartoon network does shit these days, they take

and turn it into
latest

They did do Thundercats in Anime a while back
maxresdefault.jpg

But wtf with this new style?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Companies are becoming cheap as hell, lowest common denominator in the face of dropping viewership. Even if they only get a fraction of the viewers they had for the previous version they only have to spend a fraction of the price for crappy animation and save even more with bottom tier writing.

Basically they are turning all of the best cartoons into a fast food drive thru. Hint: Don't look at the newest TMNT reboot either.

• 1Like

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
ughhhh....you've got to be kidding me. Who the f-k thought this was a good idea (besides mr bad pony tail)

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Cheetara, first exposure to cartoon boobies
naked.png

Now we get derp Cheetara
1bf.png

• 3Worf

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
There was really only one truly great thing that came from the original.

A popular argument with the internet animator apologists is the 2011 series being cancelled due to "people not watching it", but that was shown to be bullshit with a second season in the works with 6 episodes before Lego offered a cheaper dumber knock off with that Legends of Chima leading to its cancellation. Plus I think they did what causes a lot of shows to collapse is putting it in several different time slots all over the place and not having a clear idea if they are marketing it to the kids CN or Toonami/Adult Swim audience.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That's basically the Cartoon Network MO. Their schedule seems like it was written by RNG.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
Jesus Christ fuck this show and fuck that guy with his dumb ass man bun or whatever the fuck that was. Thanks for murdering my childhood yet again.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
There was really only one truly great thing that came from the original.

A popular argument with the internet animator apologists is the 2011 series being cancelled due to "people not watching it", but that was shown to be bullshit with a second season in the works with 6 episodes before Lego offered a cheaper dumber knock off with that Legends of Chima leading to its cancellation. Plus I think they did what causes a lot of shows to collapse is putting it in several different time slots all over the place and not having a clear idea if they are marketing it to the kids CN or Toonami/Adult Swim audience.

same guy also did the Silverhawks music

I assure you most of these ppl didn't give a shit what they were making in the 80's but why does it sound so banging?

You see it, when you see shit like this

Fucking UNICRON, Orson Wells was amazing, but quotes like an asshole
You know what I did this morning? I played the voice of a toy. Some terrible robot toys from Japan that changed from one thing to another. The Japanese have funded a full-length animated cartoon about the doings of these toys, which is all bad outer-space stuff. I play a planet. I menace somebody called Something-or-other. Then I'm destroyed. My plan to destroy Whoever-it-is is thwarted and I tear myself apart on the screen.

• 1Solidarity

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
5.4k dislikes so far on the youtube video and it's been delisted.

edit: relisted and 38k dislikes

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Can't say I ever cared for the original particularly, but this new version is an abomination spawned from the depths of tumblr.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Goatface

it will probably be a hit with kids

4 seasons in and teen titans go is still getting over 1.5 million viewers and is number 1 show for kids 6-11

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I hope it doesn't fall through and gets made, b/c then we'd really have something to hate.

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jesus... watched the trailer video, and the first guy they flip to looks like he should be buried in the first level of Super Mario Bros. 2.

Why can't people shit on their own childhood instead of mine?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database