Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
tiger.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
As someone that grew up in small town Oklahoma this was amazing. It's like every character surrounding Joe represented the pure, undistilled essence of every white trash archetype that exists there. I've known all of these people.

Flaming gay, gun toting showman living in a run down double wide while still having a
yearly overhead in the multiple $100k's? Check

Former drug addict/criminal with a good heart that gets taken advantage of at every turn and drowns himself in booze? Check

Proud, tough as shit native American lesbian that's more comfortable doing man shit then most men these days? Check

Stranded boy from Cali that dulls the pain with heroic amounts of weed? Check. (I grew up with a guy that was this exact same dude and he also died by playing a "prank" with a loaded pistol to his head. Right in front of his best friend and roommate.)

The whole thing was so surreal. It simultaneously made me miss the place I spent my first 22 years of life in and grateful that I was able to GTFO.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Caliane

well I just have to assume Beagle either has a jetski, or a harem.

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
well I just have to assume Beagle either has a jetski, or a harem.

I think it’s mostly just growing up poor in Midwest. There are so many white trash people that don’t give a fuck about anything that you just see and hear wild shit that seems fake if you grew up somewhat well off. Especially when money, drugs, or sex is involved. Nothing surprises me when wild stories involving one of those three things occur.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Old bald dude with the hat was a TV producer and was filming it all to pitch for a reality TV show.
well, there was the actual documentary crew as well. usually, I don't like when documentary crews spend too much time talking about themselves... but I think here it would have been a bit helpful. This doc, does not do a great job in articulating timeline.

When DID the documentary crew come onto the scene? It was before Joe was arrested. They go and find him when he was hiding out for example. you see the director a few times, notably driving in his car on the phone. The very beginning when hes trying to get in and talk with Doc.

Some of the footage is presumably some saved from the reality show. But that was claimed to be destroyed in the fire, which Joe obviously set. some must have survived?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
They did mention prior to all that that, Joe filmed everything and always had a camera around and in people’s faces.

• 1Like

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
My understanding is there's 3 layers of Joe footage.
1-Stuff Joe and/or the hat guy filmed for joe.tv or Joe's personal reasons
2-stuff the hat guy filmed for his "retirement" reality show
3-stuff the Tiger King producers filmed

The Tiger King producers were originally just interested in doing a show on exotic cat breeding and sales but got sucked in as shit got stranger and stranger, so their footage goes back 5 years and is also the stuff about everyone outside OK. #2 presumably all got burned up but I'm guessing there's some that survived either as part of joe.tv or otherwise. The Tiger King producers also had permission to use a bunch of the joe.tv footage as well. There are quite a few scenes where there's the joe.tv watermark in the corner. It does get quite meta though when you have the documentary crew filming the reality crew filming the joe.tv crew filming Joe.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
For as fucked up as things got for us as viewers, can you imagine going there and doing what you think will be a simple show on tiger breeding and selling and slowly uncovering more and more shit. Imagine falling down that damn rabbit hole.

• 2Like

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Yea, when he just casually drops that Carole killed her husband I can't even imagine their reaction.
giphy.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
As someone that grew up in small town Oklahoma this was amazing. It's like every character surrounding Joe represented the pure, undistilled essence of every white trash archetype that exists there. I've known all of these people.

Flaming gay, gun toting showman living in a run down double wide while still having a
yearly overhead in the multiple $100k's? Check

Former drug addict/criminal with a good heart that gets taken advantage of at every turn and drowns himself in booze? Check

Proud, tough as shit native American lesbian that's more comfortable doing man shit then most men these days? Check

Stranded boy from Cali that dulls the pain with heroic amounts of weed? Check. (I grew up with a guy that was this exact same dude and he also died by playing a "prank" with a loaded pistol to his head. Right in front of his best friend and roommate.)

The whole thing was so surreal. It simultaneously made me miss the place I spent my first 22 years of life in and grateful that I was able to GTFO.
West Texas here, close if a bit different. But yeah, all of that. So grateful to be out of there, and yet it kind of tugs at you with nostalgia.

This show is definitely one of my favorite, if not the most favorite, true crime show.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This is what the SJW's on my Facebook who constantly shill for Sanders/White Privilege/Intersectionality don't understand.

Most of America isn't NYC/LA - it's Tiger King Country, rednecks, guns, meth and Bible's.

• 1Garbage

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
This is what the SJW's on my Facebook who constantly shill for Sanders/White Privilege/Intersectionality don't understand.

Most of America isn't NYC/LA - it's Tiger King Country, rednecks, guns, meth and Bible's.
It isn't NYC/LA but it sure the fuck isn't Tiger Country either. These people are freaks. There's definitely people just like these in cities, though, having this same weird drama.

Watching this is dawned on me that there are way more tigers in America that there are remaining in the wild. Way more than I thought. I bet a good portion of these fuck crazy animal people live in urban/suburban areas too.

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I dont know, the guy from the UK may be right. I know at least half a dozen exotic animal zoo owners and more than 80% of my acquaintances are fake gay meth addicts

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
uhhhh. Owning tigers aside it is quite a good representation of redneck USA lol. Plenty of meth heads, gun toting criminal types out on the remote Oregon coast where I grew up too.