Time Loop Movies

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah that was it, thank you!

I have not seen 12 monkeys series just the movie, worth it?

If you liked the movie then yeah, the series is absolutely worth it. Next to The Expanse it's the best show on Syfy since BSG.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
Back to the Future Trilogy
Donnie Darko
Butterfly Effect
Hot Tub Time Machine

• 1Like

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Project Almanac was a time travel movie I just watched recently it's just.... ok. Worth a watch if you got nothing else.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Edge of Tomorrow. More Emily Blunt please!
Im not a big repeat watcher - I'll watch a really good movie once a year, but I watched this 4 times in a month. Really good flick and Blunt is perfect.

I watched the final countdown like a year ago. It doesn't hold up well but is still fun for the nostalgia.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Im not a big repeat watcher - I'll watch a really good movie once a year, but I watched this 4 times in a month. Really good flick and Blunt is perfect.

I watched the final countdown like a year ago. It doesn't hold up well but is still fun for the nostalgia.
Manga is better, no shitty 20minute Hollywood ending, more in depth w/ Blunts character/background, a few "japanesey" tropes.

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Repeaters. (Thriller, Drama)
Repeaters (2010) - IMDb
Three 20 somethings on probation or something get stuck in a time loop. The girl from Silicon Valley is in it. It sucked.

Premature (Comedy)
Premature (2014) - IMDb
Kid gets stuck in a time loop of the day he losses his virginity. Noticed it on Netflix. It was pretty bad reviews so I haven't bothered to watch it yet. Someone take the hit and report back.

And it seems like every sci-fi / fantasy show that runs longer than 4 seasons is required to make a time loop episode. Supernatural, SG1, X Files off the top of my head.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I saw some movie on Netflix a bit ago where these people find a camera that takes a picture 24 hOurs into the future and use it to win horse race bets. Ripped off an old twilight One. Was decent. Cannot remember what it was called.

• 1Like

Caliane

Premature (Comedy)
Premature (2014) - IMDb
Kid gets stuck in a time loop of the day he losses his virginity. Noticed it on Netflix. It was pretty bad reviews so I haven't bothered to watch it yet. Someone take the hit and report back.

And it seems like every sci-fi / fantasy show that runs longer than 4 seasons is required to make a time loop episode. Supernatural, SG1, X Files off the top of my head.
I watch a ton of bad netflix, so I took the bait.

its pretty bad. moderate technical quality. Cliche as fuck. Like every other shitty, "white male nerd tires to have sex with super hot slut, while his also super hot female best friend is inexplicably ignored, and he learns a valuable lesson that his super hot best friend totally wanted to have sex with him the entire time. While objectifying every single women in the movie, and casual racism. " Discount superbad/american pie, etc, etc.. while ripping off groundhogs day, but again, not in any clever or meaningful way.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Time Cop
p15984_d_v8_aa.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I watch a ton of bad netflix, so I took the bait.

its pretty bad. moderate technical quality. Cliche as fuck. Like every other shitty, "white male nerd tires to have sex with super hot slut, while his also super hot female best friend is inexplicably ignored, and he learns a valuable lesson that his super hot best friend totally wanted to have sex with him the entire time. While objectifying every single women in the movie, and casual racism. " Discount superbad/american pie, etc, etc.. while ripping off groundhogs day, but again, not in any clever or meaningful way.
I've already seen it, and I guess I enjoyed it more than you. You're completely accurate in your summary of the plot, although I don't remember the level of misogyny and racism that seemed to rustle you. I am not saying it wasn't there, because I watched it many months ago, just that I don't remember it because it didn't apparently stand out in my shitlord mind.

It isn't a great movie by any means, but if someone is looking for an amusing movie of the type you described, they could do a lot worse. I laughed a few times during it, and the chicks were hot, so I'm not sure what else a movie like this is supposed to do really.

I wouldn't watch it if you're looking for a good time loop movie though, certainly.

• 1Like

Szlia

I love these kind of movies/shows and I'm sure I haven't seen them all. From Groundhog Day, to Looper, to Edge of tomorrow. What else have you seen?

I think there is a recent anime as well but can't find the name.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Does Memento count? it plays with the order in which time and events play out. Good to watch it and hit the pause every now and then to think through what's happened / happening.

• 1Like