Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are UI issues with the game, everything mentioned in Skill Up's review is still present. Many of the people in the 15 minute long credits should be embarrassed.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've been playing with two other people and in ~6 hours of play I've had 0 issues, one person didn't see my invites, and the other guy had to reset his game 3 times because he couldn't shoot any weapons. We also had a "X is in the menu!" bug stuck on our screen because we entered a cutscene while some one was leveling, but we fixed it by each going into a menu as some one else hit the zone button and that eventually cleared it after we rotated it around.

Game is pretty fun, dialogue is great, I knew Will Arnett was in this but very surprised Andy Samberg and Wanda Sikes are main characters too. The UI, like most Borderlands games of late, is clunky as fuck and you'll need to rebind a bunch of stuff if you've played ANY other FPS in the last 5 years. Haven't found any slot machines yet, which makes me sad, but there's all sorts of puzzles and stuff which is pretty cool.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Done with the game until they remove or nerf Son of a Witch, that encounter at chaos 10+ is just too stupid.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Beat game yesterday. Omega easy, even on the hardest setting. But I think they just want people to get to endgame and enjoy storyline/quests which is pretty normal. I think a few BL's hard modes were pretty fucking hard though, so feels weird. I was playing with others though so maybe they didn't tune it properly for multiplayer.

Having to sit through the credits is too fucking much. 26 minutes. The credits are TWENTY SIX MINUTES LONG! Why? There's even a CREDITS button on the main screen so you can see them at ANY time. Jesus fuck. The worst part is you beat the main boss, then all the loot drops and you can SEE legendaries, then it goes to that half hour of names. Then in group play my teammates finished before me (????) and couldn't move but could just SEE the loot all around them until I finished, then we could loot shit and progress.

Chaos Trials are definitely THE game for actual gamers. We've been juicing every step with the hardest curses we can and we're only at 5 or 6, but with some coordination it works out pretty well. Unless you take some omega curses like Rogue Lite which can fuck you on top of some stuff like exploders.

The looting so far seems... underwhelming. The crystals are nice picking what you want to loot, but it seems like a LOT of the legendaries are... dogshit? Some of the weapons are just incredibly powerful and good and the others seem like even in a special niche (bigger magazine, regen ammo, multiple shots, whatever) they'd still suck. Also sorting through literally 30 purples of bunny puke can be a bit annoying. Again, REALLY nice you can at least target specific item types, but it still feels like so much is underwhelming.

Haven't looked at cheese builds yet, not going to. Hate that shit. Everyone remembers Bee Blasting bosses and never again. That said every gun feels like shit outside of pistols. Snipers are completely underwhelming (10k hits with a HIGH damage sniper on headshots, my full auto pistol does 8-9k crits and has 20x the RPM), shotguns can be decent but a lot of the weird style ones suck dick, SMG and AR I haven't even bothered because damage is so low and I'm not sure what benefit there is to a low damage high fire-rate gun unless you have some DD proc mechanic, which I don't.

Overall game is alright. Not worth 60 bucks.

UI shitty and buggy
co-op is buggy as fuck
guns SEEM unbalanced
0 difficulty until you beat the game (15+ hours and we did 90% of content)
End game is pretty fun so far, but outside trying to reach that max level not sure the point
Classes are definitely unbalanced. Our minion guy carries the fuck out of us with his 100000 hydras aimbotting everything to death
NO SLOT MACHINES :(. The bunny statues are a poor substitute.

Overall I'd say it's like a 7/10, but MAYBE better than BL3? I don't know, I barely remember anything of BL3 outside of Hammerlocke's boyfriend and fighting a million Hyperion guys weak to Corrosive. Not worth 60 bucks unfortunately, but it'd probably be worth 25-40. It's more than a DLC for sure, but the story game itself had 0 challenge which sucks because sometimes Borderlands can be hard and feel great when you actually get a tough encounter down without cheesing it. Not in this one. Until the post-game end game, which IMO, is the only reason to play this game if you've got a couple of friends who want a FPS style challenge with some RPG elements.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Beat game yesterday. Omega easy, even on the hardest setting. But I think they just want people to get to endgame and enjoy storyline/quests which is pretty normal. I think a few BL's hard modes were pretty fucking hard though, so feels weird. I was playing with others though so maybe they didn't tune it properly for multiplayer.

Having to sit through the credits is too fucking much. 26 minutes. The credits are TWENTY SIX MINUTES LONG! Why? There's even a CREDITS button on the main screen so you can see them at ANY time. Jesus fuck. The worst part is you beat the main boss, then all the loot drops and you can SEE legendaries, then it goes to that half hour of names. Then in group play my teammates finished before me (????) and couldn't move but could just SEE the loot all around them until I finished, then we could loot shit and progress.

Chaos Trials are definitely THE game for actual gamers. We've been juicing every step with the hardest curses we can and we're only at 5 or 6, but with some coordination it works out pretty well. Unless you take some omega curses like Rogue Lite which can fuck you on top of some stuff like exploders.

The looting so far seems... underwhelming. The crystals are nice picking what you want to loot, but it seems like a LOT of the legendaries are... dogshit? Some of the weapons are just incredibly powerful and good and the others seem like even in a special niche (bigger magazine, regen ammo, multiple shots, whatever) they'd still suck. Also sorting through literally 30 purples of bunny puke can be a bit annoying. Again, REALLY nice you can at least target specific item types, but it still feels like so much is underwhelming.

Haven't looked at cheese builds yet, not going to. Hate that shit. Everyone remembers Bee Blasting bosses and never again. That said every gun feels like shit outside of pistols. Snipers are completely underwhelming (10k hits with a HIGH damage sniper on headshots, my full auto pistol does 8-9k crits and has 20x the RPM), shotguns can be decent but a lot of the weird style ones suck dick, SMG and AR I haven't even bothered because damage is so low and I'm not sure what benefit there is to a low damage high fire-rate gun unless you have some DD proc mechanic, which I don't.

Overall game is alright. Not worth 60 bucks.

UI shitty and buggy
co-op is buggy as fuck
guns SEEM unbalanced
0 difficulty until you beat the game (15+ hours and we did 90% of content)
End game is pretty fun so far, but outside trying to reach that max level not sure the point
Classes are definitely unbalanced. Our minion guy carries the fuck out of us with his 100000 hydras aimbotting everything to death
NO SLOT MACHINES :(. The bunny statues are a poor substitute.

Overall I'd say it's like a 7/10, but MAYBE better than BL3? I don't know, I barely remember anything of BL3 outside of Hammerlocke's boyfriend and fighting a million Hyperion guys weak to Corrosive. Not worth 60 bucks unfortunately, but it'd probably be worth 25-40. It's more than a DLC for sure, but the story game itself had 0 challenge which sucks because sometimes Borderlands can be hard and feel great when you actually get a tough encounter down without cheesing it. Not in this one. Until the post-game end game, which IMO, is the only reason to play this game if you've got a couple of friends who want a FPS style challenge with some RPG elements.
I'm am on the last chapter, level 31. Can't speak about loot balance yet, but I am liking the game a lot more than BL3. BL3 was a slog to finish and all the DLC sucked except Bounty of Blood. BL3 only had a few good weapons, but they nerfed them into the ground and made all of them shit. It was a Looter Shooter wherein both of them weren't worth doing.

The only meh thing so far is the lack of colorful characters like there were in BL1/2. Overall it is top tier Borderlands so it is still good.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Having to sit through the credits is too fucking much. 26 minutes. The credits are TWENTY SIX MINUTES LONG! Why? There's even a CREDITS button on the main screen so you can see them at ANY time. Jesus fuck. The worst part is you beat the main boss, then all the loot drops and you can SEE legendaries, then it goes to that half hour of names.
Because mutual self-congratulation is the order of the day among our modern "creatives"; no back is left unpatted and by god it won't go unnoticed either.

The fact that half of them also made dedications to their dogs further illustrates the sad sort of people in the game dev business.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Holding escape for me, and my teammates, did literally nothing. And the guy who caught up to us later also tried it, and it did nothing. 26 minute credits for everyone!

• 1Like

Willy T

Trakanon Raider
Holding escape for me, and my teammates, did literally nothing. And the guy who caught up to us later also tried it, and it did nothing. 26 minute credits for everyone!
Down arrow key speeds up the bullshit. You’re welcome.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Worked for me. Works for people on Reddit.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
This was alright, a couple really good moments but for the most part it is just alright-to-good. Better than a lot of other shit that has been released, better than Borderlands 3, but a far cry from 2. Whole lot of little issues that should have been ironed out before release like ui bugs and shit like that but nothing major. Biggest thing that is pissing me off about the game right now is a complete lack of ng+. Kind of obvious there wasn't going to be a new game+ by the truncated skill tree and how relatively early you hit the level cap (In the earlier games I didn't hit the level cap until ng+) and the mythic point system they use **yawn** is not very interesting.

Good game, not great, could have been better, thankfully it's not worse, and if you liked the other games in the series I recommend it.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I enjoyed the campaign, had a lot of funny moments, lots, of fun side quests. The way they made fun of d&d was great.

That said, zero desire to play the end game.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Alright, I take it back. Now that I'm working through side quests, this is a pretty fun game and a def step up from BL3.
Add me if you're playing.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

Side note, if you're playing with others, the host has to do it. But if you're solo, holding it stops it, worked for everyone I know but you.

So I think the game is great, chaos 20 fat rolling in volatile loot but getting bored some. The UI issues with the game persist, and I'm legit pretty disappointed that Gearbox is on the cusp of releasing DLC and has yet to patch some of these awful bugs. In my eyes, for hte game to be out more than 3 weeks now and these bugs not patched is completely inexcusible and releasing DLC beforehand is even more egregious. So much so despite really liking the game, I'm not going to buy the DLC if some of these bugs aren't fixed by then.

Shit I've encountered:

1. UI is trash, constant glitches, too many to count. Disappering pictures, things you click on buying shit you didnt want to buy, etc. The UI issues are rampant, and all over the place. Anyone that says you have had no UI issues you're lucky AF, and I don't get it.
2. Guns often wont actually shoot despite clearly shooting. This is most common on guns that overheat in combination with the reload on kill skill from spellshot. You'll see the animation and hear the noise but not see any bullets and it wont use ammo. Can't be fixed unless you relog.
3. Quest list is empty.
4. Where do you find your challenges? What do they actually do?
5. Shift disconnects.

• 1Like

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
AladainAF, I have no idea but the issues you described sound like a "me" problem, really. Never saw any of those, really (W11, 12900, 3080ti, played 1440p@Ultra). Game is really fun, a BL3 clone for sure but the nerdy humor, the voiceovers and the great quests let this one shine. I enjoyed it way more than BL3 in the end but I play those singleplayer only so my perspective might not be yours.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
AladainAF, I have no idea but the issues you described sound like a "me" problem, really. Never saw any of those, really (W11, 12900, 3080ti, played 1440p@Ultra). Game is really fun, a BL3 clone for sure but the nerdy humor, the voiceovers and the great quests let this one shine. I enjoyed it way more than BL3 in the end but I play those singleplayer only so my perspective might not be yours.

Im playing on ps5, and have encountered most of those issues. In addition to quest bugs where stuff just won’t progress. Buggiest game I’ve played in a long time, very sloppy.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Im playing on ps5, and have encountered most of those issues. In addition to quest bugs where stuff just won’t progress. Buggiest game I’ve played in a long time, very sloppy.
Hold my beer....
EGS_Battlefield2042_DICE_S2_1200x1600-331f59b6877d2bf2194943fcf7a68048_1200x1600-331f59b6877d2bf2194943fcf7a68048

• 1Worf