Titan has been cancelled.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
The only pic of titan development ever released, had to sell my soul to get it :

rrr_img_76694.jpg

toga
toga
toga

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
To be fair COH, EQOA, and sort of Vanguard had pretty thriving communities - and in the case of COH and EQOA for quite a good time. I'd be content with making those games and knowing people enjoyed them for so long.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well they still have quite a bit of milking left to do on Wow and it still has zero competition. It's sitting above 6 mil subs right now and will likely be above 1.5 million for at least the next decade or so right? Don't mess with the cash cow when no one can dethrone it.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well this is certainly a setback for the genre. Sounds to me from that article and the music analogy that there were some "creative differences" going on, in a big way. Too many cooks stirring the pot probably.

Vitality

HUSTLE
In a weird way I have some respect for blizz for not cashing out on this one. They could have. MMO Genre fans like me treat any new release like a hipster treats the next version of the iphone. Regardless of quality.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
Ahem..

Utnayan_sl said:
Column_sl said:
Hey Ut, Let's do an Avatar bet on it.

I'm 100% on you nerds right now.
They release information at this years Blizzcon about what project Titan is, and you change my avatar. They don't ,and I change yours.

Deal? ;}
You're on there huckleberry Draegan, Tuco, notice the bet and make it official.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I am utterly and 100% completely shocked at this news.

With that said, new avatar time. Go nuts Column
smile.png

I would be interested in seeing how Hearthstone is doing financially. I would guess extremely well, with a lower development cost associated obviously, and could very well be getting more from an ROI situation than WoW at the moment.

I remember when Blizzard put the game first and the money second. Obviously the money is always important, they are a business. But they made fun games, and were rewarded for just that. When I see quotes like this:

He explained that Hearthstone had helped the studio realize that they don't need to fit themselves into the box of only making products of a certain scale.

"Maybe we can be what we want to be and inspire groups around the company to experiment, get creative, think outside the box and take chances on things that just might thrill people," Metzen said. "Maybe they don't have to be these colossal, summer blockbuster-type products."
it means a fundamental shift in design philosophy obviously by using limited development in a more casual environment and increasing ROI 4 fold over capital intensive games. Basically taking minimal risk and turning Blizzard into the next Big Fish Games.

Which, I also hate the shit out of. I am growing tired of the new trend in where a lot of games coming out seem cheap and lifeless. Destiny was a prime example. EQ Next will be another one.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well, this is certainly good news for the rest of the industry.

Still kind of a bummer.

Also Diablo 3 Shitfest Guy talking about quality of release product is always amusing.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I had unreasonably high hopes for this. Impressed they were able to walk away. But damnit if not knowing wtf the IP was going to be is going to drive me crazy.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Welp, I was way off base. I had some hope when it said "Titan" thinking maybe it just meant that initial project and not whatever it turned into. But no, they were very clear in saying it's the next gen MMO. Fucking fuck.

More respect to them for being pretty damn insightful with this decision, but in my head I was answering their rhetorical questions of "are we an MMO company" with "FUCKING YES YOU ARE PLEASE GET BACK TO WORK DAMNIT."

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Welp, I was way off base. I had some hope when it said "Titan" thinking maybe it just meant that initial project and not whatever it turned into. But no, they were very clear in saying it's the next gen MMO. Fucking fuck.

More respect to them for being pretty damn insightful with this decision, but in my head I was answering their rhetorical questions of "are we an MMO company" with "FUCKING YES YOU ARE PLEASE GET BACK TO WORK DAMNIT."
^^ Exactly. And yes, they did turn into an MMORPG company. And yes, they need to realize the MMORPG genre needs to evolve passed it's stuck point and they will have the same success with "Titan" as they did with WoW. The problem is, with financial success with limited development games like Hearthstone, we will probably see about 50 more variations of that than what they are truly capable of from a development talent.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
I get the feeling that whatever Titan was it somehow ended up being a console game called Destiny.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I hope one day we get some details on what they actually had and what genre it was.