Titan has been cancelled.

Bruman

Golden Squire
I know neither of you care anymore, but I'd say it's already been done with Minecraft. Over 50 million copies sold. Over 15 million on the PC alone.

It's not a surprise that EQ Next is taking from LoL and Minecraft.

EQ and WoW type MMOGs may get a second wind after 2020 when the first generation of MMOG players ages past forty years old and the kids are out of the house. Youngsters today are simply not as hardcore about gaming to the same degree as the previous generation was.
There's just a whole lot of reasons why the market has changed, and "being hardcore" has very little to do with it overall. I still game a stupid amount, even with a family. The reason I don't stick with a MMO past a few months is because there's too many other games out there to play. Back when I was playing EQ, there wasn't any competition in that area really (just AC and UO). Now we get a new MMO to have fun with every few months, plus various other online games that take up that "spend lots of hours grinding shit to make stats go up" slot (like D3/Marvel Heroes/Path of Exile/LoL/etc).

I was much more willing to grind and camp in EQ when I didn't think to myself "Instead of redoing this exact same content for the 500th time, I could see something new in one of these other 50 games that also have +betterer items".

Vitality

HUSTLE
Even with all the new stuff coming out I still get that urge to sit in crushbone for a few hours.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Even with all the new stuff coming out I still get that urge to sit in crushbone for a few hours.
This weekend I went on an MMO speed dating extravaganza.

Archeage
Several UO EMU Shards
Mortal Online
Darkfall
DAOC
Wow Vanilla EMU Server

All uninstalled, in City of Mist on Red99

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
DAOC has not aged well at all. I tried a few years back and movement alone felt so archaic. The old stuff definitely feels old now.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I'm pretty sure DAoC would feel foreign even to me now, and I put almost 300 days /played into that game.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Even at the time the UI in DAOC was pretty abysmal
I didn't mind it at all. I thought it was actually pretty great. What didn't you like?

Like Tred said, it's the camera/controls that feel the weirdest now. Wow killed that shit.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
If only it had the control scheme of smite
frown.png
A..Fucking...Men

I just can't stand move to click shit but Smite is the only game I've been able to stick with to keep my gaming addiction under wraps without going full bore MMO. I honestly would pay 15 dollars a month to play the damn game and just dropped $200 to show my support on gems even though I don't give a rats ass about skins etc. Smite is great, I wish LOL folks would realize it and mass over. At least we are still growing abit; already have $1M+ for prize pool for worlds I think and that number only growing.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
For smite to really take off they need to get weebo artstyle and furries for the 12 year olds to jack off to

spronk

FPS noob
they are announcing a console-targeted PVP game i believe, nothing really to do with titan

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/...came-overwatch

"We [Blizzard] decided internally to go another way," said Metzen. "What really happened was we decided to go this way. Overwatch is a very different game than what we were planning to build."

Metzen claims there's a spiritual continuity between Titan and Overwatch, and some of the ideas used in the FPS are borrowed from the canceled sci-fi MMO.

Also: "A PC beta for Overwatch is currently planned for 2015." Nothing confirmed for consoles