Titan has been cancelled.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Blizzard has nothing to worry about.... they have tons of money and probably enough work with their current games to keep the majority of their employees. Maybe they just want to get back into the position they were in around the mid-90's. Maybe they want to see what the competition is going to kick out, analyze the trends, and see if they can snipe a good concept. It could be that too many games hit the market and was stealing too much of their thunder. If i'm Blizzard, I wouldn't want to be compared or associated with anything out or coming out right now. I wouldn't want people to say (even if it's better), "It's just like DayZ but with X, Y, Z.", "It reminds you of Destiny but with this...", "It's another WoW-clone." They really need to let everything die down and try to reinvent themselves with the next game. I'm guessing Titan was too similar to something else and internally they could steer the cattle in another direction. I think they did this to wipe it out of the consumer's mind and in a BlizzCon two to three years from now, you'll see something else.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
What if Titan isn't cancelled and they are beta testing it internally? At next Blizzcon after a long boring presentation about Hearthstone updates and HoTS hero balancing and the new WoW Expac that takes everyone to the moon of Azeroth, Chris Metzen is about to walk off stage and goes "oh, One more thing" then the trailer plays for Titan and we are all amazed and he goes "Just to let you know it launches....now"

rrr_img_76741.jpg

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They still have yet to reveal anything about LotV the second expansion for SC2 so I'm sure that'll be a hot topic at Blizzcon

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I believe now Bungie is saying it won't come to PC anytime soon. Not like the PC crowd is missing out.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
you... realize that destiny is coming to pc?
I believe now Bungie is saying it won't come to PC anytime soon. Not like the PC crowd is missing out.
Several executives from Bungie and Activision talked about the issue in separate interviews, and though all of them did mention that a PC version might be possible in the future, they also said that developing the game for another platform is not as easy as one may think.

Design lead Lars Bakken talked to Eurogamer about the issue.

"I wish it was that simple. It's pretty complicated. That doesn't mean that it can't happen in the future, it just means it won't happen right now," he explained.

"We're doing it all internally ourselves. That's a huge endeavor," said Bakken. "So when I'm playtesting and I'm trying to play PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PS3, that's a lot of work. Adding another thing on there is just crazy. It's crazy to think of right now."

But the big question still stands: When will the PC version be out?

Bungie senior writer Eric Osborne talked to Polygon and said that they have not announced a fixed date for Destiny PC.

"The more platforms we take on, the more work it ultimately becomes, and what we don't want is to compromise the core appetite on any platforms," Osborne explained. "We have a lot of people who play on PCs. We have a lot of appetite to build that experience."
Like I said, it's not just a money thing. I doubt we'll ever see it on PC.

Needless

Toe Sucker
They still have yet to reveal anything about LotV the second expansion for SC2 so I'm sure that'll be a hot topic at Blizzcon
Yeah right, SC2 is deader than dead bro.

Who knows what they're going to do now with Titan in the trash, SC2 increasingly dying and WoD already around the corner.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Thank Jebus. Now maybe Blizzard can push out timely patches for Diablo and Hearthstone. All these indie companies can do amazing work in a short amount of time but it seems like anything but WoW gets the "Valve time" treatment from Blizz.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Patch 5.4 of WoW was over a year ago. For a product that commands a monthly fee that is just plain ballsy.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Of course this story is third hand at best, but that does indeed sound terrible.

While I bet there are some people who want to RP it up as Dex from Star Wars episode II in all the epic Cooking Mama gameplay I can't imagine it pairing well with anything that would get a large population excited.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I read it more like they were trying to bring a bit of Star Wars galaxies back. I didn't play it much. I haven't touched destiny but that was my impression.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Like I said, it's not just a money thing. I doubt we'll ever see it on PC.
Real reason: Keyboard-and-mouse players will shit all over gamepad players in FPSall day longand Bungie doesn't want to have to explain the real reason for separate servers to the kiddies.