Titan has been cancelled.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Real reason: Keyboard-and-mouse players will shit all over gamepad players in FPSall day longand Bungie doesn't want to have to explain the real reason for separate servers to the kiddies.
why? They already seperate the xboners from the swaystations.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why not just make an LoL style mmo with lots of classes and few skills? Easy to pick up but hard to master?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I'm totally ok with them canceling it having read this lol
So they still have the team, but they totally nuked the original concept rather than last years' "we're going to redo the design".

They just have to find a new game to make.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They should make a turn based tactics game with digital collectible figures.

Schedule it to release when HS starts running out of gas from the complete lack of diversity of what they can put on cards with like 4-5 words on them.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Wow... game sounds far far away from what I'd find enjoyable. I'll never understand why the fuck people want to do menial jobs in MMORPGs.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
They should make a turn based tactics game with digital collectible figures.
rrr_img_76772.jpg

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Wow... game sounds far far away from what I'd find enjoyable. I'll never understand why the fuck people want to do menial jobs in MMORPGs.
They (no source) had a pretty unique and fun way of making it fun to do. The reason really was atmosphere and genuine charm in the characters within the game itself along with a shit ton of fun / addicting / SWG-esque community building. (Unlike Destiny which is the most bland fucking game I have ever played)

If I had to guess (no source) Destiny's lackluster effort and lack of audience acceptance after seeing the very drab final product of Destiny made everyone rethink. Unfortunately, Blizzard could make a much more appealing world than Bungie ever could. Anyway, on to project "Overwatch" and we can start the speculation again for another 7 years. I still think they will be pouring effort into smaller games with a greater ROI.

Tom Lightner

Molten Core Raider
That sounds like what I saw, I remember player owned structures, tho not really into that myself. But on version I saw it had a lot of melee combat, and yes 1st person. It had real-time combat and was pretty typical of the current MMO style shooters we have now. I don't remember the classes being that fleshed out, and the whole virtual Sim-world wasn't in place either. But all in all the above description of it in that link do sound about right and I can imagine the progression going that way. Unfortunately as usual it is a lot to have to cram into a single game so to speak and I think at the end of the day aside from the obvious, Destiny being one of em, these games have been done, and aren't "the" thing, and BLizzard is probably better off focusing on their IPs, a StarCraft MMO has been mentioned to death, or even a WoW 2 would just easily devour the competition and they have the means to do these games practically at will... We will see, someday!
wink.png

Quaid

Trump's Staff
They (no source) had a pretty unique and fun way of making it fun to do. The reason really was atmosphere and genuine charm in the characters within the game itself along with a shit ton of fun / addicting / SWG-esque community building. (Unlike Destiny which is the most bland fucking game I have ever played)

If I had to guess (no source) Destiny's lackluster effort and lack of audience acceptance after seeing the very drab final product of Destiny made everyone rethink. Unfortunately, Blizzard could make a much more appealing world than Bungie ever could. Anyway, on to project "Overwatch" and we can start the speculation again for another 7 years. I still think they will be pouring effort into smaller games with a greater ROI.
Any idea if they have started production on a true WoW sequel? Given the news of Titan's demise, this seems like more of a possibility to me.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Any idea if they have started production on a true WoW sequel? Given the news of Titan's demise, this seems like more of a possibility to me.
I doubt we will ever see a WoW sequel. They can just modify the engine and landscapes to adjust for different stories and progress the world: Ala Cataclysm when they re-did the entire vanilla world. I would bet you would see much more of that in coming expansions. When you take a look at what they have accomplished with their game from a feature set over the last 10 years, it's amazing how it has all adapted and worked. From Phasing, server structure, graphical/sound enhancements, and now all the new features coming in WoD. That's a pretty good accomplishment with an engine built from the ground up starting in 2001. Hell that's 13 years ago now. And it still runs better than anything out there in today's market.

I think we will see more spin off games around D3 and SC IP's. Such as a hearthstone expansion set in the Diablo universe.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I doubt we will ever see a WoW sequel.
You're probably right, but I wonder how they will react if EQNext is actually good and makes a significant dent in their subscriber base. Hopefully it's WoWNext and not just a full F2P conversion.

Next gen WoW makes my nipples dance.

Vitality

HUSTLE
You're probably right, but I wonder how they will react if EQNext is actually good and makes a significant dent in their subscriber base. Hopefully it's WoWNext and not just a full F2P conversion.

Next gen WoW makes my nipples dance.
EQ:N is basically League of Legends in Terarria.