Titan has been cancelled.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I think that EQN will definitely be the test of a truly new and groundbreaking MMO. Not saying it will be a hit, but at least they are trying something new that has not been done before. In both the world design and the NPC AI and how it all ties together. If you thnk about it, it will be the first truly new groundbreaking major innovation to the genre since EQ brought the first true 3D world. Im looking forward to seeing this game in its full fruition.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Rip the shooter part out of Titan and release it with a lot of fuckin hats, and in true Blizzard 'Improve It' fashion, add swanky ass belt buckles. Make them gaben bucks.

Mughal

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Real reason: Keyboard-and-mouse players will shit all over gamepad players in FPSall day longand Bungie doesn't want to have to explain the real reason for separate servers to the kiddies.
Not an issue as both Xbox and PS4 won't allow players from different billing systems to play with each other.

Also, both teams paid through their nose to have Destiny on console so unless Valve forks out serious co-marketing funds it won't come to PC.

Mughal

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Any idea if they have started production on a true WoW sequel? Given the news of Titan's demise, this seems like more of a possibility to me.
There was a discussion in 2010 about a possible World of Warcraft 2. At the time it was more kind of a pie in the sky question like "if it were to be made how it could look like and why would you have two MMOs instead of one?"

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The answer: to re-excite your market. How many people have played WoW over the years? 30 million? 50? How many of those would buy WoW2 on release day for nostalgia alone?

I'm not saying do it now, but in 4-5 years it may be a smart move.

Vitality

HUSTLE
World of warcraft 2 on the occulus rift treadmill platform.

Now you can treadmill while you treadmill.

Vilmz_sl

shitlord
It'll be interesting to see what the ex-Titan team have been working on. In 5 years. That's a lot of leftover assets.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
So they still have the team, but they totally nuked the original concept rather than last years' "we're going to redo the design".

They just have to find a new game to make.
Most of them are back on WoW, which is one of the reasons why WoD is running late (mythical man-month and all that).

Column_sl

shitlord
They (no source) had a pretty unique and fun way of making it fun to do. The reason really was atmosphere and genuine charm in the characters within the game itself along with a shit ton of fun / addicting / SWG-esque community building. (Unlike Destiny which is the most bland fucking game I have ever played)

If I had to guess (no source) Destiny's lackluster effort and lack of audience acceptance after seeing the very drab final product of Destiny made everyone rethink. Unfortunately, Blizzard could make a much more appealing world than Bungie ever could. Anyway, on to project "Overwatch" and we can start the speculation again for another 7 years. I still think they will be pouring effort into smaller games with a greater ROI.
UT why am I still looking at your old avatar on day 2?

Get to changing that bro, I want to see that Xbox logo swangin

http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.p...l=1#post845392

Opimo_sl

shitlord
Holy shit, that sounds retarded.
What they don't mention is that their plan included heavy integration with Facebook. Elements of Titan were going to be fucking Facebook games. The gameplay was also really bad. Think TF2 against NPCs without any kind of depth to the combat. Some of the game mechanics for Titan were tried out inside WoW (micro transactions, farmiville, etc).

Nester

Vyemm Raider
This could really turn things around for Matt Damon.

Titan_AE_One_Sheet.jpg

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeaaaa....that concept sounds stupid as hell.
It makes more sense when you realize the world wasn't wholly made up of the PC game. Managing your house or shop or whatever could very easily translate into a Facebook game.

I actually think a mixture of casual and "hardcore" elements with co-dependency could be really fun. Has anyone tried it before?

Edit: To clarify, I mean like crafting raid quality gear requires materials you can only acquire via FB game and the FB game requires something from dungeons/raids or whatever. Whether it would actually be fun, I couldn't say. Obviously whatever Blizzard came up with wasn't up to their standards, but I'm not sure that that completely invalidates the... theory?