Titan Quest

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was this made by the same company? Thought for some reason they had gone bankrupt and that's why the original got pretty much no patches.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I thought TQ was much better than Grim Dawn.. I can't remember why since it's been so long since I played either of them but I tried several times to get in to GD and couldn't do it.. I never even finished the second difficulty.. But TQ I played over and over... I think the skill trees were more interesting.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I like the atmosphere and the classes of TQ better, but GD has a better engine and better overall game design. I wish I could merge the two lol

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
If they fixed being able to move inventory items back and forth with shift click I would consider playing Titan Quest again. I just can't stand spending more time on inventory management than actually playing the game.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Titan Quest with the original expansion was my second favorite ARPG of all time, second only to D2. I expect I have well into the thousand hours into it.

It is, however, a little slow, and there are definitely builds you can really hamstring yourself with and not be able to progress after a while. I guess like all ARPGs? The higher difficulties also got nasty with piercing and other exotic damage types that were difficult to build defenses for.

I still have a special place in my heart for hydra runs on the hardest difficulty. Back when the pants for all your favorite sets wouldn't drop no matter how many times you killed that fucking boss.

I played the first new expansion and it was boring as shit. All it did was make it take longer for you to advance to the next difficulty. As soon as I saw they were doing another expansion, I noped out hard.

If they expanded the storage significantly like the most favorite mods I would be tempted to come back. My old character lists were typically about 5 playable builds and 5 mules.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I like the atmosphere and the classes of TQ better, but GD has a better engine and better overall game design. I wish I could merge the two lol
Super late reply but there is a Titan quest mod for Grim Dawn that puts all the TQ classes and skills in. I don’t know how much of the rest of the game it changes, been years since I tried it.

There’s one mod that adds tons of classes from other games, TQ, Diablo, etc.

There’s a massive amount of fantastic mods for Grim Dawn, complete overhaul games within the engine.

• 4Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 4 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
They also just released an expansion for titan quest, added a new class etc.

• 1Mother of God

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Crazy that they're still developing the game, but also awesome. TQ does have it's loyal fan base!

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Crazy that they're still developing the game, but also awesome. TQ does have it's loyal fan base!
It's gotta have the same issue as Grim Dawn though - leveling fatigue. Based on the reviews I think the latest expansion starts at Legendary and you can either do it if you are there or pay some gold and get an equipped char at that level.

I saw my old post above the necro and I am still gun-shy about the game after that boring first expansion they added after the acquisition. The original 2 were perfect length, although Hades was a real kick in the nuts on Legendary (never did kill him).

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
1691788864890.png

• 4Weird Boner
  • 3Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 8 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
They have a pretty great track record with TQ/Grim Dawn.

edit: well shit nevermind, as meStevo meStevo points out below its a different dev team.

Last edited:

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The dev is Grimlore games, so Spellforce 3 dev, rather than Crate Entertainment.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
so anyway, whats the state of Farthest Frontier?
<madmaxmediocre.jpg>

Honestly haven't really touched it much in the past 6+ months. Sort of disappointed in it now that you remind me.

Cautiously optimistic about TQ2, but I keep seeing fairly recent DLC for the first one, and I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not. If they just want to milk the nostalgia it will be terrible. But if it is basically just an updated version of the first one, I would probably love it. I miss being able to combine so many different classes together like that. Grim Dawn was great, but I always wanted even more classes to pick from.

• 1Like