Titanfall 2

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think BF1 and TF2 are like.. two different beasts. TF2 is where CoD should've gone and BF1 is like ...well, BF.

It's 6v6 Titan/Anti-Titan gameplay with cool gravity jetpack shit where you individually matter more

or

32 v 32 massive battles with infantry versus vehicles with actual squad tactics where you matter more as a teammate (unless you're a god tier pilot, then you just carry)

Kind of apples to oranges, really.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I decided to go BF1. My kid whi has been lobbying for TF2 is not happy with me. I told him to ask Santa. Maybe Santa gets a discount. Meanwhile the Civ6 reviews are dropping so glad I chose what I did.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Single player Titanfall 2 just got fucking awesome, love it with they do shit like this.
You can jump between two timelines at will to traverse areas, do some really go kills etc.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Well that was short, damn fun though. Beat single player in about four and half hours.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Singleplayer was great. Some of the best levels I've played in an FPS in a long time.

Multiplayer so far just seems like 2.0 of Titanfall, which is entirely a good thing imo. Loved the first one, and this just seems to be better all around. Movement feels more fluid and wall runs are stickier so you can chain stuff together easier. Unlock system is great, where it's the usual level gating, or you can spend the merits you earn as you level to unlock anything you want regardless of level if you see something you're really interested in.

Only real complaint I have so far is rodeoing titans seems way worse than it used to be. You can like steal batteries out of them to heal allied titans with, but that requires you not only survive the rodeo but survive getting back on to an allied titan to do it, which seems like long odds. Doing actual damage to titans via rodeo seems extremely lackluster so far though.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Singleplayer was great. Some of the best levels I've played in an FPS in a long time.

Multiplayer so far just seems like 2.0 of Titanfall, which is entirely a good thing imo. Loved the first one, and this just seems to be better all around. Movement feels more fluid and wall runs are stickier so you can chain stuff together easier. Unlock system is great, where it's the usual level gating, or you can spend the merits you earn as you level to unlock anything you want regardless of level if you see something you're really interested in.

Only real complaint I have so far is rodeoing titans seems way worse than it used to be. You can like steal batteries out of them to heal allied titans with, but that requires you not only survive the rodeo but survive getting back on to an allied titan to do it, which seems like long odds. Doing actual damage to titans via rodeo seems extremely lackluster so far though.

Yeah you have to Rodeo, steal the battery, then do it again and you drop a nade in the same spot doing a ton of damage. Also you can run around collect batteries of killed Titans as a pilot.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well that was short, damn fun though. Beat single player in about four and half hours.

Yeah damn. I loved it. And I usually force myself to slog through the Single Player on most games, just because. Almost every level has a different unique twist, and they integrated the wall running into every map so well. I might actually go back through on max difficulty.

I get a Half Life 2 vibe out of many of the areas, especially the way the puzzles and fights are set up. That sludge level was very HL2.

spronk

FPS noob
titanfall 2 is $30 at walmart for pc/ps4, amazon will probably price match soon. its going to be $27 on black friday at walmart
Titanfall 2 (PC) - Walmart.com
Titanfall 2 (PS4) - Walmart.com

definitely worth it at that price, while MP has minor flaws the SP is awesome (but 7-8 hours) and the MP is pretty good, better than COD Infinite Warfare imo and different enough from battlefield 1 that you can't really compare them.

I play on PC and no issues with player base, while its relatively small (10k-ish?) more than enough right now to matchmake instantly.

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thats kinda sad price dropping so fast. Especially since I grabbed it a week or two ago for whatever green mans sale price was (more than $30)

Havn't even had time to play yet >.>

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You won't be dissapointed. Way better than CoD or BF1 imho. Both SP and MP.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The first Titanfall dropped in price like a rock too, so I guess that's just how they want to operate? Idk. I plan on picking it up when I can get it under $30 again

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Well, this time around they got fist-fucked by their launch date. They couldn't have picked a worse time to launch.

That said, both Amazon and Target are having inventory issues. That's possibly a good sign for us - more players to play the game with. Not so much EA, who is only getting $30/box. I placed my amazon prime order back when I said I did in this thread, and it's not expected for delivery until Monday. And that's PRIME!

Sucks, but I can't complain much for $30...

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
EA is just the publisher anyway, not the devs, so EA not even getting that much. Dev team is smaller I think so hopefully they're doing alright. Like I said, TF1 dropped like a rock and TF2 seems to be doing better word-of-mouth-wise so I guess they're doing something right.

spronk

FPS noob
ohhh, I don't think Respawn is very happy with EA. From an interview today
Q&A: 'Titanfall 2' Creator on What Makes a Great Shooter

article said:
Glixel also ask whether Respawn were worried, going up against Battlefield 1, if EA could show them enough publishing support while also marketing their own shooter.
"It's always a concern," Zampella says in response. "That's what I'll say. Especially when you have two games on top of each other."
And, sadly, after all this, Titanfall's future seems uncertain. "We don't know yet," replies Zampella when asked if they would make a third Titanfall.
"The game is, critically, a huge success. We're really happy with all the reviews and the positive sentiment. Sales, it's too early to tell.
"We'd definitely like to tell more of the story and the universe. I think it's pretty safe to assume that we'll explore more of it. EA might have announced more. Devin?"
At this point, Devin Bennett, a publicist for EA, interjects, "What we've said is we're committed to the franchise."

"So, whatever the fuck that means," retorts the Respawn CEO.

That last line seems to sum up the Respawn/EA relationship. The game is 50% off this week and black friday pretty much everywhere, its $40 digital on the xbox.com store less than 3 weeks after release.

spronk

FPS noob
titanfall 2 is $26.39 with GCU on best buy today as part of their DOTD
save-on-titanfall-20161118 - Best Buy

if you pre ordered the game from best buy and are elite/e+ call in for a price match, I got back $21 after a 15 minute wait snoozefest, means I will end up paying $15 for the game which is pretty awesome. would definitely recommend the game at $25-30 though, like the price above or on amazon today as well

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
So is this worth getting on PC, or stick to ps4? I keep hearing it's already dead on PC.

spronk

FPS noob
big (3 gig) patch today at least on PC, new angel city map (from titanfall 1) and microtransactions are now in the game. Also new trial version of the game for everyone starting Dec 2nd (Nov 30th on PC), you can play ? hours and continue your progress if you buy the game.

FOV slider seems new in options

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

I am liking titan fall2 . I am not super good at console shooters but overall it has been pretty reasonable to pull off some of the crazy jump/wall run stuff. There was only one that my brain was just NOPING on and eventually it seems like there is a mercy rule that just stuck me on the far side of it. Apparently changing my "perceptions" mid wall jump while going back and forth I just could not manage kept flubbing it even though I have made crazier actual jump/wall run things on other parts of the mission. But apparently if you fail something like that it enough it takes mercy on you which is a nice feature.

So far the story has been fun and pretty crazy mechanic wise in at least one section of it.

Overall it looks like they did a bang up job really good single player story and fun multiplayer modes with mechs and ninja pilots.