Titanfall 2

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Single player Titanfall 2 just got fucking awesome, love it with they do shit like this.
You can jump between two timelines at will to traverse areas, do some really go kills etc.

there was one jump at the end of that going back and forth between two walls my brain just could not do thankfully it looks like there is a you suck mercy rule if you fail a jump enough because eventually it just stuck me on the other side of it.

spronk

FPS noob
anyone still play? I was completely wrong about Titanfall 2 from the alpha/beta, it has turned out to be a pretty goddamn good game. Sure, the maps aren't the greatest especially for titan play but overall its a very fast paced shooter that isn't weighed down by microtransaction bullshit and has a very solid gun play system. The titans die way too fast for my preference, sometimes I last a grand total of 30-40 secs in mine if 2-3 pilots are shooting at me from spots I can't see, but most games tend to be more even on skill.

I play daily every single day since launch, only 1 game for happy hour (5 extra "credits"), have joined around 20 different networks to be able to have happy hour no matter what time I am playing. I play on PC, while the user base isn't HUGE its still around 1-2k players online every day. The only mode I play is attrition. Currently gen 2 (rank 50 once, then regen and doing it again) and I like how they took out the regen requirements from T1 so you don't need to do stupid shit to regen.

Anyways if you never got the game I'd recommend it on sale, its dropped to $30 multiple times. I hear the campaign is fantastic, I actually haven't even played it yet, but find it really enjoyable for a quick 10-15 minute daily FPS fix. Zero issues on PC, I run rock steady 60+ fps on a 970 with nvidia recommended settings, I had to set the launch params in origin to -novid -noborder -windowed +cl_showfps 1 to go borderless and show the FPS counter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm in the opposite boat, I've only played the campaign, haven't touched MP yet. The campaign way outclasses DOOM to me but YMMV.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm in the opposite boat, I've only played the campaign, haven't touched MP yet. The campaign way outclasses DOOM to me but YMMV.

MP kills BF, COD, GoW, and Doom (IMHO obviously). Weapon feel and movement are just so good, even on console. If you like competitive multiplayer I don't see how you can go wrong with TF2.

I'm on Xbox and Attrition games still near instant queue. Some of the more niche game modes will take a few mins for queue.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I spent a little time playing the beta and my kid got this for the PS4 for Christmas and I just finally got around to starting the campaign (he has played through twice). Figured I would play through it first to get used to the gameplay. I'm about an hour in and I have to say this is some of the best single player gaming I've ever experienced. Good stuff. Looking forward to getting into full MP.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
free update soon

i still play a single game every day (for the 10 XP bars) and its a fun game in small doses. Still gotta do the SP campaign at some point. I play on PC and queue times are generally ok, although right now I'm in a queue for the daily mode for over 4 minutes :( Even tho it says there are currently 2300 PC players online on my datacenter

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
T2 released a big (free) update today, and added a new game mode - Frontier Defense. 4 player co-op in 5 wave horde mode. Has auto matchmaking or you can play with friends (and matchmake for extras). Has 4-5 difficulty levels, takes about 15-20 minutes per game.

REALLY really fun, played two games today and really enjoyed the PVE mode. Way more than UC4 survivor or Mass Effect Andromeda, I think having titans really made it different and fun. Definitely recommend dusting off Titanfall 2 if you haven't played in a while. The game has been $20 on digital and physical for all platforms in a few places, not sure the current price but the entire package - SP campaign (EXCELLENT), multiplayer PVP, and now the new free horde mode make it an easy buy

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I want to support them but I don't want to support EA. :[

• 1Picard

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
If it makes you feel better (as it did me), EA is only the publisher here, the actual developers are different. Which is probably why it has gotten free updates and does not suck :p

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I own this...have like 5 hours played. Didn't this come out during a major release of another game? BF1?

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah it came out a week after BF1. Not sure why a publisher wants to compete with themselves but lol

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not sure why they would release this near BF1. Dumb decision. Anyway, very different games:

+ BF1: slow, many players, anemic guns

+ TF2: fast action, fewer players, AI bots, pretty much every gun is viable

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I own this...have like 5 hours played. Didn't this come out during a major release of another game? BF1?

BF1 released the week before, CoD the week after.

Haven't played this yet, but I've heard nothing but rave reviews for the game, especially the campaign. It hits EA Access August 1st, which is $5 /month. Gonna sub for a month and play and beat it. If the MP sticks, I may pick up an actual copy.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fun game definitely prefer BF1 MP to this but I throughly enjoyed it.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I've only played through a bit of the campaign, but I'm really liking this. Movement & gunplay feels great.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Didn't realize they added the horde mode. Just reinstalled on Xbox one. Pretty fun. Game is good...just got crushed by over releases. And right around same time as release, overwatch launched a new char and comp season, plus bf1 and also Destiny rise of iron....lots of comp at the same time and it just never took off. I am really digging it.