Titanfall

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
They would have to be as much as I would love to roflstomp a bunch of xbros with my kb/m there is no way that would be fun for them. Plus someone is going to have boosted server size for pc players anyway.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I figured, but the bloodbath would have been kind of fun! hehe

PC Master Race!!
wink.png

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Eternal dilemma: Do I get it on PC and sully my box with Origin or on the xbone, and lose all the perks of max settings on PC and master race handling? Methinks the audience will be biggest on the 360, followed by the PC then the xbone. Choices...

calla_sl

shitlord
watched a few twitch streams for titanfall and looks pretty good. question is, does the awesomeness outweigh ea+origins bullshit?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Are they handling it like BF, with the website that launches everything? I feel the BF website that kept track of all your stats, and then you could search for servers, etc all worked really well for me.

And I guess I've been lucky or haven't played that many EA/Origin games, because I've never had any problems with Origin.
frown.png

spronk

FPS noob
origin is really no big deal, maybe for a few rare people it fucks up but i run it 24x7 (steam too) and its pretty much invisible. it takes up 100 megs of memory so thats kind of a "wtf" but I have 32 gigs so i don't really care, and the perf graph shows it being at pretty much 0% cpu for the last few hours.

its pretty shitty having so many goddamn game clients, and the one thing I would say is NEVER, EVER, EVER post on any EA forums since their entire ban system is retarded, i see people post all the time of how getting a forum ban on game X somehow ends up disabling key features or even entire unrelated games.

I'd definitely pick it up on PC over anything else, even though the populations may be lower I'm sure there will be thousands online always for the next few years, the sale prices tend to go a lot lower, patches will come out faster, and I'm sure there will be mods and tweaks to make the game even better. Plus for an FPS putting the game on an SSD will be a huge improvement. As your PC improves the game will get better and better, like this dude who is running Titanfall at 4k on a PC
TitanFall 4K PC Gameplay - Snipers, ARS, Burn Cards + More - YouTube

still haven't gotten anything about titanfall beta, isn't it supposed to start tomorrow
frown.png

edit: nm looking on reddit seems like invites are going out tonight
Twitter / VinceZampella: Codes should be sent out later ...

the one thing that really looks disappointing is how static the environment seems to be. is nothing destructible? if I'm in a goddamn mechwarrior I would expect buildings to crumble with my fists, car parts flying everywhere on shots, etc. the maps feel like old 1990s FPS maps, just prettied up.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Origin is a pain in the ass and offers no value but I can't imagine not playing a desirable game just because of it (Or playing on a system you'd rather not use).

Plus if this game has as much mobility and speed as it appears to offer playing on a mouse/kb will be important.

Column_sl

shitlord
So the game has MOBA elements to it.

Even tho it's 6 on 6 pc vs pc, there is creeps, and AI titans.

So it feels like there is allot more people then 12, which begs the question if they can add all the bots what's stopping them from adding a bigger PC team later in an add on.
Infrastructure is already there.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The bots can't summon titans. The problem with having more players isn't more players running around, it's more titans on the map.

Column_sl

shitlord
Why would that make a difference? they just expand the maps.

And have the normal maps be for 6 vs 6

It's definitely not a technical issue.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Plus if this game has as much mobility and speed as it appears to offer playing on a mouse/kb will be important.
I play War frame on the PS4 and while I find it fun there is a distinct lack of wall jumping and player sliding that you see in the pc version. It is possible to play high mobility FPS games on console but it's a bit like driving without power steering at times.

Column_sl

shitlord
For the Xbone it most likely is.
Doubt it, it works off source.
And we already established there are tons of AI soldiers running around, you just replace the bots with PC's. I seriously doubt a mech which is just a scaled upped soldier would cause any havoc

They played it on the Xbox all day yesterday, and it was smooth.

The reason they don't want to do bigger maps, and more players right now is because they don't want the game to be BF4.
Hence all the COD killer hype.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
EA accidentally trolled its own employees yesterday by promising access to the beta starting Feb 12. Still no download code
smile.png

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Why on earth would they use 792p? This guarantees that every display on the planet has to resample this....