Titanfall

spronk

FPS noob
if you are a previous titanfall player go run quick matches on campaign mode this weekend, its pretty awesome. i'm just an OK FPSer but because its pretty much 99% newbies I am dominating every game and basically winning each match for my team. I FEEL LIKE GOD

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Downloading it now. No idea if I'll have any time this weekend to play it, but I'm on a PC FPS kind of kick... bought Payday 2, and that just barely scratched it.

spronk, what's your Origin name? If our play times match, show me the ropes!

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
if you are a previous titanfall player go run quick matches on campaign mode this weekend, its pretty awesome. i'm just an OK FPSer but because its pretty much 99% newbies I am dominating every game and basically winning each match for my team. I FEEL LIKE GOD
This is, exactly, why multiplayer "campaigns" don't work.

It's a fun game but I'm constantly getting into matches where I'm being put up against full groups of level 40 to 50 players who just slaughter my team of level 1 - 5's. If EA hoped that this would get me to buy the game, they are sadly mistaken.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Is there something wonky with this games engine? For some reason this, BF3, and Planetside 2 are all unplayable on my laptop. I can barely hold 25 FPS on low settings. While single player games like Tomb Raider and Bioshock run perfectly on high settings.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
AMD A-Series Quad-Core A10-4600M 2.3 GHz. It's not the best, but surely enough to handle a 3 year old game.
If you are referring to Planetside 2, there is no way you will get decent playability out of that CPU, and I'm not surprised you're not seeing good results with Battlefield 3 either. I'm surprised Titanfall is giving you trouble, though.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Was referring to BF3. If I were sitting at the minimum requirements for either game then I could understand, but I'm pretty close to the recommended for all 3. Surely I'd be able to do 720p at medium settings comfortably, but it still struggles there. It has to be something with the drivers and the game engine.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeh, the point of the AI is supposed to be similar to that of creeps in a MOBA, and as immersion. If you think about it each match DOES feel a bit more like an actual battle because of all the gun-fire, but yah....they're terribad. There was a sub-reddit back during public beta, which was essentially confessions of those who got gibbed by a grunt/spectre. Some of them were pretty rediculous

spronk

FPS noob
update 4 live on pc and i think xbox one, some nice changes including new game modes, smarter auto titans, and better/more team auto balancing. hmmm to play mk8 or titanfall this weekend
GAME UPDATE FOUR

1 gig update on pc

spronk

FPS noob
new dlc announced 3 new maps $10
TITANFALL: FRONTIER'S EDGE - Titanfall

would not recommend the DLCs add very little and the maps are hard to find players for most of the time, at least on PC. base game is still fun especially on a $20-30 sale, easily 50-100 hours of fun before you feel done with the game (all MP no real SP campaign)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm still playing this game. Was totally worth it. It might not be even close to perfect, but this game comes so close to the types of games I imagined 20 years ago when I started PC gaming.

spronk

FPS noob
damn son this is some intense shit too bad none of my games actually ever play out like this (new map attrition last nite, 2v2 entire match my other teammate was AFK...)

spronk

FPS noob
good news for the 15 people still playing on PC

GAME UPDATE SIX
NEW FEATURES (All Platforms)

Pilot Skirmish is the New Featured Game Mode - Pilot Skirmish is an 8v8 mode with no AI and no Titans. Due to the difference in player sizes with the rest of the game modes, Pilot Skirmish will not be among the game modes played when choosing Variety Pack playlist.

Marked For Death is Now its own Permanent Game Mode! - When we first introduced Marked For Death, we were planning to rotate it out for another mode after a couple of weeks, but the enduring popularity of the mode convinced us to bring it on full-time. There will now be a Marked For Death playlist to choose from, along with custom Marked For Death loadouts to unlock.

Added Modes for Colorblind Titan Pilots - Three colorblind options (protanopia, deuteranopia, and tritanopia) have been added. They affect IFF glows, crosshair colors, and names above heads.

Pssst...wanna buy a burn card? - Black Market Daily Deals now include the ability to buy individual Burn Cards from a limited, ever shifting stock. These items are in short supply, so prices may vary.

Gambling is for Winners - Roll the Dice is a new ultra-rare Burn Card that gives you the ability to tap into your entire deck from inside a match. It's the Faberg? Egg of burn cards if you will.

Burn Card Auto Fill - Toggle the new Burn Card Auto Fill option in the Burn Card Menu and it will automatically fill empty Burn Card slots for you. Never fight empty-handed again.

Late to the Game - Joining late is no longer penalized. If you join a match that is more than half way over and your team is not winning, a loss will not be counted on your record. If the match is a win for your team, we'll count it as one. We've also added a warning message noting you will receive a loss on your record by leaving a match in progress.

IMPROVEMENTS AND OPTIMIZATIONS

FX Optimizations - Optimizing effects processing and moving more effects rendering work onto additional CPU cores is a good thing. So we did that.

Matchmaking - Faster searching, improved team balancing, increasing the likelihood of being in full games, and drastically lowering the chance of having lopsided (e.g. 6v3) matches.

The score is now shown in the center of the screen at the end of each Last Titan Standing round.
New HUD Icons for team Titan counts and players using Burn Cards have been added. Last Titan Standing now shows the number of Pilots left alive on each team.
New voiceover for Round Won and Round Lost events as well as noting whether the gap between the teams' scores is increasing or decreasing.

GAMEPLAY CHANGES

Titans no longer show up on the minimap when they dash.
Atlas and Stryder melee damage values have been switched to mirror their original design intent. The Titan melee damage order is now: Stryder, Atlas, Ogre from least to most. This is also consistent with the hierarchy of damage for the Big Punch mod.
To stem the influx of Burn Cards at higher levels, the Bonus XP-to-Credits conversion rate for max level players has been adjusted.
As part of the pan-galactic stimulus package, credits for selling rare Burn Cards have been increased from 200 to 400.

BUG FIXES (All Platforms)

For the Black Market we slightly reduced the chance to get rare cards in the Standard Pack, and increased the number of rare cards in the Premium Pack from 4 to 5.
The Auto-Titan vortex effect should no longer orient incorrectly.
Fixed the shotgun, vortex fireback, and arc cannon bypassing Titan shields when used against a Pilot doing a friendly rodeo.
The map Export no longer contains areas where you can shoot through covered windows.
Grenades should now be better at predicting their movement at high frame rates.
Fixed a rare crash bug on Demeter in Campaign mode.

BUG FIXES (Xbox One)

Fixed issue where a user couldn't sign in to Titanfall if there is a second account on the system which has access to Titanfall DLC content which the first user doesn't.
Fixed incorrect leave game dialog behavior when in a party.
Connecting a SmartGlass device to the X1 while Titanfall is running should no longer cause a crash.
You should no longer be able to get behind walls when rodeoing a Titan that is ejecting on Relic.
Titan OS no longer says that you are being attacked by an Enemy Pilot when you are inside an enemy Dome Shield.

BUG FIXES (PC)

Coming Soon in a Future Update

New game modes including Wingman Last Titan Standing.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally, a pilot-only mode! I might have to come back and give it a go--the Titans were ultimately not fun for me, but pilot on pilot combat was great imo.

Got bored with Destiny and went back to TF on Xbox One. Gotta say:

- Frontiers Coop is pretty fun and pretty challenging, at least if you are queuing with randoms. Have yet to 3-star any map.

- Frontiers is very fast XP if you regen. I regenned finally (only regen level 2) and got level 14 in 3 games. It's also cool that you can coop the lower levels after you regen and not have to be stuck fighting other players with the limited low-level loadouts.

- It looks like they fixed the occasional frame rate drops on most maps? Seemed like smooth 60 FPS the entire game. Either way, TF controls are a dream compared to Destiny's 30 FPS and netcode lag fest.

- The UI seems much better. The new ways to purchase/sell burn cards are awesome.

Anyway, definitely worth coming back for a try if you got the season pass.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
good news for the 15 people still playing on PC

GAME UPDATE SIX
NEW FEATURES (All Platforms)

Pilot Skirmish is the New Featured Game Mode - Pilot Skirmish is an 8v8 mode with no AI and no Titans. Due to the difference in player sizes with the rest of the game modes, Pilot Skirmish will not be among the game modes played when choosing Variety Pack playlist.

Marked For Death is Now its own Permanent Game Mode! - When we first introduced Marked For Death, we were planning to rotate it out for another mode after a couple of weeks, but the enduring popularity of the mode convinced us to bring it on full-time. There will now be a Marked For Death playlist to choose from, along with custom Marked For Death loadouts to unlock.

Added Modes for Colorblind Titan Pilots - Three colorblind options (protanopia, deuteranopia, and tritanopia) have been added. They affect IFF glows, crosshair colors, and names above heads.

Pssst...wanna buy a burn card? - Black Market Daily Deals now include the ability to buy individual Burn Cards from a limited, ever shifting stock. These items are in short supply, so prices may vary.

Gambling is for Winners - Roll the Dice is a new ultra-rare Burn Card that gives you the ability to tap into your entire deck from inside a match. It's the Faberg? Egg of burn cards if you will.

Burn Card Auto Fill - Toggle the new Burn Card Auto Fill option in the Burn Card Menu and it will automatically fill empty Burn Card slots for you. Never fight empty-handed again.

Late to the Game - Joining late is no longer penalized. If you join a match that is more than half way over and your team is not winning, a loss will not be counted on your record. If the match is a win for your team, we'll count it as one. We've also added a warning message noting you will receive a loss on your record by leaving a match in progress.

IMPROVEMENTS AND OPTIMIZATIONS

FX Optimizations - Optimizing effects processing and moving more effects rendering work onto additional CPU cores is a good thing. So we did that.

Matchmaking - Faster searching, improved team balancing, increasing the likelihood of being in full games, and drastically lowering the chance of having lopsided (e.g. 6v3) matches.

The score is now shown in the center of the screen at the end of each Last Titan Standing round.
New HUD Icons for team Titan counts and players using Burn Cards have been added. Last Titan Standing now shows the number of Pilots left alive on each team.
New voiceover for Round Won and Round Lost events as well as noting whether the gap between the teams' scores is increasing or decreasing.

GAMEPLAY CHANGES

Titans no longer show up on the minimap when they dash.
Atlas and Stryder melee damage values have been switched to mirror their original design intent. The Titan melee damage order is now: Stryder, Atlas, Ogre from least to most. This is also consistent with the hierarchy of damage for the Big Punch mod.
To stem the influx of Burn Cards at higher levels, the Bonus XP-to-Credits conversion rate for max level players has been adjusted.
As part of the pan-galactic stimulus package, credits for selling rare Burn Cards have been increased from 200 to 400.

BUG FIXES (All Platforms)

For the Black Market we slightly reduced the chance to get rare cards in the Standard Pack, and increased the number of rare cards in the Premium Pack from 4 to 5.
The Auto-Titan vortex effect should no longer orient incorrectly.
Fixed the shotgun, vortex fireback, and arc cannon bypassing Titan shields when used against a Pilot doing a friendly rodeo.
The map Export no longer contains areas where you can shoot through covered windows.
Grenades should now be better at predicting their movement at high frame rates.
Fixed a rare crash bug on Demeter in Campaign mode.

BUG FIXES (Xbox One)

Fixed issue where a user couldn't sign in to Titanfall if there is a second account on the system which has access to Titanfall DLC content which the first user doesn't.
Connecting a SmartGlass device to the X1 while Titanfall is running should no longer cause a crash.
You should no longer be able to get behind walls when rodeoing a Titan that is ejecting on Relic.
Titan OS no longer says that you are being attacked by an Enemy Pilot when you are inside an enemy Dome Shield.

BUG FIXES (PC)

Coming Soon in a Future Update

New game modes including Wingman Last Titan Standing.
They have alot more then 15 now that the game is on sale at amazon for 10 bucks. lol I'm playing but no clue what im really doing as im not an FPS guy really, but so far having fun.