Titanfall

spronk

FPS noob
its probably not super accurate, especially since it misses digital sales, but vgchartz.com has Titanfall xbox one @ 1.6m units sold and Infamous SS @ 1.2m units sold. Thats actually pretty impressive for Infamous.

Either way I'd rather own Titanfall, while Infamous was fun it was done in 20 hours and I've gotten 60 hours now into Titanfall and probably will get another 60 by the time all the DLCs are out. A FPS guy can easily play 20 hours a week and never get bored.

awesome thing about PC version: they have fixed all (most?) of the FPS issues, I am getting over 90 fps with just my 680 @ 1440p, but there is apparently a bug. The lock on speed of auto pistol is tied to your FPS, so people with uncapped FPS and high end video cards are getting instant lock on as this video shows. Respawns already posted on the reddit thread they are working on a fix right now

Nadiar

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think Yusef Mehdi's response yesterday was accurate. People are still happier with their 360 than PS3 owners. As both systems get more games that actually stress the hardware, we'll see how consumers actually feel.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Loaded up and played on the new swamp forest map. Pretty cool map but god damn I had constantly hissing blasting out of my speakers from the game. I had to turn the in game volume off too play. Didn't have that problem before the patch.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The game runs a lot better after the patch, and 120 hz support is nice. Time to abuse the fuck out of that bug.

spronk

FPS noob
titanfall is 40% off this weekend (bf4 too), its $35 on the US store but if you use the Hola/VPN trick to access Origin mexico its $23. I bought it from origin mexico before launch for $40 (with season pass) and have played over 50 hours without being banned, so I'm pretty sure its safe.

$23 is definitely an awesome price for the game

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Probably favorite FPS in the past 10 years, and they completely killed it for me by removing CTF playlist (for PC). What's even more infuriating, is that they won't even publicly state WHY. Guessing overall activity? I can't say. Pretty disappointing, though. CTF really showcased the potential of this game. I swear non-objective based gametypes are the bane of FPS. I don't really consider hardpoint to be a viable objective game mode as it's basically ring around the rosy. Fuck, man.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Probably favorite FPS in the past 10 years, and they completely killed it for me by removing CTF playlist (for PC). What's even more infuriating, is that they won't even publicly state WHY. Guessing overall activity? I can't say. Pretty disappointing, though. CTF really showcased the potential of this game. I swear non-objective based gametypes are the bane of FPS. I don't really consider hardpoint to be a viable objective game mode as it's basically ring around the rosy. Fuck, man.
Holy crap am I glad I didn't buy this game... Almost bought it for the CTF because it was so awesome.

I would have been furious if I got into it and they scrapped it lol

Finally picked this up on Xbox One a couple weeks ago. Best console FPS game of all time imho. Battlefield 4 and COD:Ghosts just sitting there mostly un-played so far.

Controls and weapon feel are just as good as COD, but game play and maps are way, way better. Battlefield 4 is decent from what I have seen, but controls still feel like your guy is underwater (on console at least). Not sure why because this one is 60 FPS whereas the old BFs on console were only 30 FPS, which is what I thought was causing the sluggish controls.
frown.png

spronk

FPS noob
Titanfall will be free to play this weekend on PC (dunno xbone), so if you have any friends who were interested might be a good time to have em try it out. If you haven't played Titanfall, honestly you can play your fill in a single weekend and not touch it again so pretty good deal.

I guess Origin is gonna be doing more shit like this to get people to try it out
Play Titanfall on PC for Free - Origin News

Its not up for download yet, tomorrow I assume. Any progress you make is saved if you decide to buy.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I haven't played Titanfall for a long time because I forgot I owned it because I don't ever start up Origin.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Noticed it's also 50% off so like $30. I wonder has this game stagnated that quick? That much else on xbox to be playing? I'm PC, but havnt been paying attention to what's really out right now other than BF4 most people play. (Inbetween CODS right?)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Noticed it's also 50% off so like $30. I wonder has this game stagnated that quick? That much else on xbox to be playing? I'm PC, but havnt been paying attention to what's really out right now other than BF4 most people play. (Inbetween CODS right?)
The problem is Origin is a piece of shit and I feel like a traitor every time I have to log in and launch it.