Titanfall

penalty_sl

shitlord
This isnt CoD with mech suits is it? just making sure before I buy it. I watched a stream and it looked exactly like that.

spronk

FPS noob
if you buy the pc version off origin you get a 24 hour period to request a refund, no questions asked (from time of purchase, not install afaik). It probably wouldn't work with the mexican hola trick, so its a question of paying $40 and no looking back, or paying $60 and being able to undo if you hate the game.

Thats EAs new policy on all digitally purchased games too, from origin, afaik.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
This isnt CoD with mech suits is it? just making sure before I buy it. I watched a stream and it looked exactly like that.
Yeah, it's cod with mechs and more movement options. That's not a bad thing at all though. The movement options alone make the game feel completely different. I am by no means a great player, but I really try to use the wall runs and wall hangs and parkour stuff and do fairly ok. I see lots of ppl playing it like cod, they don't do well.

It's not revolutionary or anything with what it does, but it really does change up the basic formulas enough to make it feel fresh. Everything just "feels" right. But ultimately, if you don't like cod then you won't like titanfall.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I played a few matches of BF4 after playing this for two nights and I kept on trying to jump over tall walls/buildings and shit.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
My best CTF cap ever so far. On the Corporate map and I eject out of my doomed titan with the flag. Close enough to our flag that I could make it all the way to it in the air and landed through the window onto the flag for the cap. So many cool moments in this game like that.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Symthic has confirmed they have actual data and will soon be posting a full write up of actual damage/spread etc soon.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The fact you can hop in a titan with the flag is kiiiiind of retarded. If you could piggyback on a friend's that'd be fine, but we had dudes just parking, grabbing, and running it with their titan burn cards straight off the bat. It's not as bad when everyone has their shit out, but then it's an auto-titan clusterfuck with defenders chasing the goddamn carrier underneath enemy titans' legs.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Temp workaround for SLI users.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/titanf...karound-found/

In order to enable SLI, follow this guide:

1. Add bioshock infinite dx11 SLI bits to Titanfall or add Titanfall's executable file to bioshock infinite's profile (via Nvidia Inspector Tool).
2. Enable ambient occlusion and change it to 'performance' mode. Don't change any other AO settings, otherwise there will be graphical corruptions the moment you enable SLI)
3. Changed SLI settings to AFR2

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
The fact you can hop in a titan with the flag is kiiiiind of retarded. If you could piggyback on a friend's that'd be fine, but we had dudes just parking, grabbing, and running it with their titan burn cards straight off the bat. It's not as bad when everyone has their shit out, but then it's an auto-titan clusterfuck with defenders chasing the goddamn carrier underneath enemy titans' legs.
Agreed. I would love to see some Titan-less game modes/maps. CTF in particular I think would be much better without Titans.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
The deathmatch is fun, and would be very fun without Titans too. Maybe if they were more rare than they are now it would be better, but the parkour and speed of the game makes DM very fun.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Well maybe they fell off a cliff or something lol. Yeah it won't ever happen but I think CTF would still be better without them.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I like using the active radar card and then for CTF the synthetic leg card. Not a fan of the xp cards because I almost always end up dead immediately when I pop those. Lol