Titanfall

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I played this in the beta but didn't buy it. I honestly think the best part of the game was the non-titan stuff. It really is CoD with mobility and mechs though.

Stave

Potato del Grande
I played this in the beta but didn't buy it. I honestly think the best part of the game was the non-titan stuff. It really is CoD with mobility and mechs though.
Not trying to argue here, but I just don't understand why a few people call it CoD with Mechs. I've played CoD and the only thing it has in common is that it's an FPS and the lobby system. Otherwise to me it feels completely different. Different engine, different feel, different physics, different weapon and gaming systems, not as twitchy and arcadeish as CoD, etc. Imo it's just as close to Counterstrike, Team Fortress, or Halo, as it is to CoD. The graphics remind me of HL2 (Dog) and have a Source feel to them, which is a good thing. Honestly the closest game I would compare it to would be Starseige Tribes in an urban setting.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I really do hate not having servers to choose from. Fucking console bullshit. They drag everyone down into the stone age.

Stave

Potato del Grande
I really do hate not having servers to choose from. Fucking console bullshit. They drag everyone down into the stone age.
I agree. Especially not being able to pick my map to play. Theres a few maps I really love. I heard somewhere that they are going to be adding in custom servers, hope thats true.

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can I assume from this that if I'm over the whole CoD/BF thing that I'm not really going to enjoy Titanfall or is it different enough that it's worth a shot?

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's gunplay is pretty much call of duty, plus slightly more tactical gameplay when you get into a mech. Minus lots of real players, sub in fairly well designed cannon fodder bots. Plus wall jumping. Plus good level/graphics design.

Odds are the average fps vet will enjoy the shit out of it for 1-2 weeks, then get bored.

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
Honestly the closest game I would compare it to would be Starseige Tribes in an urban setting.
Exactly what I told my friend tonight while we were playing. The parkour stuff is a blast and keeps things moving. I never liked the CoD games (zombies was alright), but Titanfall is fun.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Anyone else having lockup/crashes on the Xbone? It almost always happens at the end of a match, going to home screen and then relaunching the game works and it seems to retain any exp I had...but frustrating

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
Anyone else having lockup/crashes on the Xbone? It almost always happens at the end of a match, going to home screen and then relaunching the game works and it seems to retain any exp I had...but frustrating
Happened to me twice so far, it makes this stuttering noise and the screen freezes. I have to hit the Xbox button on the controller and quit out of Titanfall. Annoying.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
lol Following me into different threads now. Would you agree it's safe to say you're asshurt, bro?
sorry you happened to post in two of the 6 threads I observe, congrats faggot
smile.png

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Triple threat, how do you enable the alt-fire mode that sets the fire spread to be vertical rather than horizontal?

Nevermind. It's the aim/zoom button or the left trigger.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I bought this on Friday using the Pesos thing. Hasn't posted to my credit card yet, but so far it looks like it worked. Deluxe edition for like $45 or something.

Enjoying it so far, but there was one match where I was sure there was hacking going on (I'd be cloaked and a titan would one shot me as soon as I turned a corner, several times). It seemed like at least 2-3 people on the team were doing it too. Turns out, they have indeed confirmed that there are hacks. Kind of sucks. I'm just glad it was only in that one match so far.

Up to level 27 at the moment.

spronk

FPS noob
i don't think its necessarily hacks, there are lots of ways for a titan to drop in health FAST. I'm pretty shitty with situational awareness so I use the nuclear and auto eject titan options, that way when I die I usually take some people with me. If you are in a shitty corner and 2-3 specter NPCs are firing missiles and a pilot is shooting mag grenades and a titan is hitting you with plasma rifle from far away, you can die within 5 seconds.

that said there are indeed hacks and respawn has said they are logging them and are gonna do mass bans soon
'Titanfall' developer responds to aim bots, hacks and other cheating methods - National Video Game News | Examiner.com

like someone said, in many ways this game is really pilotfall, its way more fun being a pilot and the titans are just a diversion. yeah, some guys you can really rock it out with a titan but a good coordinated team and some bad luck will have you rarely surviving long in a titan.

almost at level 48, not sure i wanna go gen2 or not. getting kinda bored (30 hours so far), fucking hate burn cards since my deck is always full

article on performance tweaking
Titanfall config guide: the best settings to maximize your effectiveness | PC Gamer

Column_sl

shitlord
They said in an article that the cheat prevention isn't enabled yet, but will be soon.

It was the number one game in the UK, and according to Gamespot double the sales of the Xbox one over there.