TLP Questions & FAQ - Ask away

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Thought cities didn't get instances

They do.

edit - did Phinny not get pick ones for Qeynos and Freeport? And I know we spawned instances in Paineel for SK epics and shit.

edit - edit - From the extended FAQ on Agnarr -

Agnarr FAQ - POP Locked Progression Server - Coming Weds, May 24, 2017 | EverQuest Forums

Q: Why Are There Two Greater Faydarks?

We have enabled zone load balancing on many newbie zones, so that once population hits a certain level, a new version of that zone will load. You can use the /pickzone command to swap between them.

This new FAQ doesn't exactly list the newbie zones that qualify but an older FAQ for I think RF and LJ lists -

1. North Qeynos
  2. Surefall Glade
  3. Qeynos Hills
  4. West Freeport
  5. Commonlands
  6. Nektulos
  7. Misty Thicket
  8. Everfrost
  9. Steamfont Mountains
  10. Greater Faydark
  11. Butcherblock Mountains
  12. Innothule Swamp
  13. Toxxulia Forest
  14. Paineel
  15. Field of Bone

Last edited:

kudos

<Banned>
This problem really is not getting the attention it should. The official EQ forums are flipping out thank god. This is a problem that could make me quit as I'm not going to fight 100 people for one mob at level 1.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah it seems really fucking stupid to do that right before the first day. Maybe wait until Kunark opens but you let it go for phinigel and ragefire, now youre going to hurt your sales over "classic" then give people corpse runs too ya bastards that aint classic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I get what you all are saying, but anything that makes it more hardcore/tedious/etc = good in my book. This change will also favor single boxes over multi-boxers since a group of single people together can fan out and seek/destroy noob mobs vs. a multi boxer lurching around trying to feed this group one mob at a time.

Now we just need corpse runs added and maps locked until LoY. One can dream.

kudos

<Banned>
There is hardcore and then there is fucking stupid. Not being able to find mobs to kill at level 1 is fucking stupid. Hardcore is being the first to 50 because you planned a better path or put in the time, not because you lucked out in a newb zone.

• 1Like

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Just made a Barb Shammy. The mobs are there, just not in the concentrations they were. There are at least 2 areas I found (remembered) where pathing crosses and they concentrate, and I would think a decent puller could keep a group or two more than busy. Anything more than 2-3 groups fighting for mobs will be too much though, but I believe picks work here. I hit 4th in a little under 2 hours, and that included trips to get spells, quest hand in's, etc etc, so it's not too slow (at least by my standards). A group pulling multiple mobs should be in BB in no time.

Only a couple lvl 1 mobs, but who cares; if you can't kill yellow mobs as a lvl 1 you're doing it wrong. Respawn is super quick / instantaneous.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I get what you all are saying, but anything that makes it more hardcore/tedious/etc = good in my book. This change will also favor single boxes over multi-boxers since a group of single people together can fan out and seek/destroy noob mobs vs. a multi boxer lurching around trying to feed this group one mob at a time.

Autistic leaker detected

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They do.

edit - did Phinny not get pick ones for Qeynos and Freeport? And I know we spawned instances in Paineel for SK epics and shit.

edit - edit - From the extended FAQ on Agnarr -

Agnarr FAQ - POP Locked Progression Server - Coming Weds, May 24, 2017 | EverQuest Forums

This new FAQ doesn't exactly list the newbie zones that qualify but an older FAQ for I think RF and LJ lists -

1. North Qeynos
  2. Surefall Glade
  3. Qeynos Hills
  4. West Freeport
  5. Commonlands
  6. Nektulos
  7. Misty Thicket
  8. Everfrost
  9. Steamfont Mountains
  10. Greater Faydark
  11. Butcherblock Mountains
  12. Innothule Swamp
  13. Toxxulia Forest
  14. Paineel
  15. Field of Bone
The Feerrott isn't on that list. Ogres can get screwed? :(

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Just made a Barb Shammy. The mobs are there, just not in the concentrations they were.

Before

mlidyu.png

After

10dxrm9.jpg

That's a goblin off in the distance.

The issue people have is two-fold. The first is that the zones have been configured the same way for Sleeper, Combine, Fippy, Vulak, Lockjaw, Ragefire, and Phinny. This is a very strange change to make now in the name of authenticity when the list of differences between the modern progression server and how things were "back in the day" goes on and on and on. It's also a weird as fuck change to make less than a week before the server launches. You decide this shit now? Daybreak has a history of randomly plopping a turd in the punch bowl just like this. It's a goddamn mystery why they feel the need to put at least one bullet in their own foot before a launch.

The other issue is that there's just no reason to gut a couple newbie zones that got fixed up at some point years ago. They were fixed up for good reason. They were shitty. Qeynos and Freeport are full to the brim with shit to kill but Everfrost, the most egregious example, will not function with even twenty level one players in it. Barbarians will do what they used to do in era. They will leave and they will never return. Does that add a single positive thing to the gaming experience of Agnarr? We have full instancing for fuck's sake including fully instanced raids. These changes will do nothing but piss people off and lead to a zillion North Qeynos pickzones. It's pointless.

Autistic leaker detected

Post of the day.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The Feerrott isn't on that list. Ogres can get screwed? :(

I'm almost positive that the Feerrott also spawns instances. That specific list is an old list from an old FAQ. The new FAQ doesn't actually provide a full list of applicable zones.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Though I do feel you on the spawning issue,

I caught myself realizing that here we are again, bitching about the parent company in charge of fucking shit up before we inevitably throw them money to play EverQuest anyway.

Now THIS is what I call a classic experience.

lost

<Bronze Donator>

Maybe but my 5 pets will still outrun you I think and they cast good DD! lol yeah wtb corpse runs this server would be SO fun with corpse runs, training would happen less and people would be more careful.

kudos

<Banned>
Before

View attachment 140975

After

View attachment 140976

That's a goblin off in the distance.

The issue people have is two-fold. The first is that the zones have been configured the same way for Sleeper, Combine, Fippy, Vulak, Lockjaw, Ragefire, and Phinny. This is a very strange change to make now in the name of authenticity when the list of differences between the modern progression server and how things were "back in the day" goes on and on and on. It's also a weird as fuck change to make less than a week before the server launches. You decide this shit now? Daybreak has a history of randomly plopping a turd in the punch bowl just like this. It's a goddamn mystery why they feel the need to put at least one bullet in their own foot before a launch.

The other issue is that there's just no reason to gut a couple newbie zones that got fixed up at some point years ago. They were fixed up for good reason. They were shitty. Qeynos and Freeport are full to the brim with shit to kill but Everfrost, the most egregious example, will not function with even twenty level one players in it. Barbarians will do what they used to do in era. They will leave and they will never return. Does that add a single positive thing to the gaming experience of Agnarr? We have full instancing for fuck's sake including fully instanced raids. These changes will do nothing but piss people off and lead to a zillion North Qeynos pickzones. It's pointless.

Post of the day.
7MVwn

baghdad_bob.png