TLP Questions & FAQ - Ask away

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
If you want good starting cash focus on killing rats. Rat eyes sell for 3g

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea it's just annoying to go all the way to nek from 3rd gate, stab like 10 things, then run all the way back just to buy my level 1 pet is all.

• 1Like

Mur

Trakanon Raider
You could kill rodents in 3rd gate, or suicide gate to Nek so it's just a 1 way run. But yeah, that's why I never play DE. Too much zoning in the city.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The rodents aren't spawning on LJ, nor are the exterminators to hand in whiskers. Did that get removed for these servers?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Can you not sell your starting tunic for 3g or whatever anymore? This training robe the necro GM is handing out has no sell value and I need mah pet.

For all the Dark Elf Necromancers out there I recommend first making a level 1 Bertox Human Necromancer, selling their robe, and then buying the level 1 pet and disease cloud and sticking it in your shared bank. In the Qeynos Sewers the spell merchants and banker (looks like a hobo) are all right next to each other.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So what are peoples thoughts on leveling paths? Is it worth it to try for something like befallen or unrest for a ZEM, or is just grinding out someplace brainless like lavastorm going to be better?

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So what are peoples thoughts on leveling paths? Is it worth it to try for something like befallen or unrest for a ZEM, or is just grinding out someplace brainless like lavastorm going to be better?

Is your puller a hard motherfucker or a pussy? The top spots are worth it as long as you aren't cucked out of spawns constantly.

Do keep in mind that lavastorm and sol a are actually very good, and upper guk is not bad either. Unrest is only like 10-20% better than these, so if you are holding your dick >20% of the time? Not worth it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Is your puller a hard motherfucker or a pussy? The top spots are worth it as long as you aren't cucked out of spawns constantly.

Do keep in mind that lavastorm and sol a are actually very good, and upper guk is not bad either. Unrest is only like 10-20% better than these, so if you are holding your dick >20% of the time? Not worth it.

I did upper guk on the LJ push but it seemed awful. Mob spawns varied in level way too hard and we'd eat deaths constantly cause a shin knight added that was 10 levels higher than us.

Got the same fears for Unrest. It's gonna be such a shitshow in there I feel like the chance of getting wiped by random banchees/werebats is pretty high.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Depends where in uguk. If you do spiders and scryer, or you are late 20s back near ac, shouldn't happen. Ghoulbane camping gets a wide range, as well as all around the "middle" area having some variance. Meanwhile najena, unrest and mistmoore are even worse for variance problems.

Lavastorm, sola, and oot you avoid that problem, but likely face steeper competition. Perma is a step down but still should beat out stuff like karanas without the typical bs of fighting for spawns.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Be fun to get a group going for the SK Aviak treehouse thing. Remember camping that a lot back in the day, but everything was slower back in '99!

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Lol so Im guessing the GM's read our threads here and nerfed nektulos spawn, now they're saying it wasnt classic and the increased spawn was GoD era..?
Nektulous Mob - Low Spawn Rate After Patch | EverQuest Forums

Can we get someone to look at the Nektulous newbie area spawn rate? After the patch the mob count has gone down drastically, and the respawn rate is very slow. This basically removes Nektulous as an option to start on for Agnarr.

This change looks like it was brought upon by the latest patch.

If we could get some Dev attention/response on this, that would be fantastic.

This change is intentional. Those spawns were originally added for Gates of Discord as a way to accelerate the low levels for new Berserkers and so are restricted to Gates of Discord on progression servers. You may need to change up your low level hunting strategy to account for the more classic-era population.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The stuff that spawned right at the gates is gone. The rest of the zone appears to be the same.

• 1Like

kudos

<Banned>
Just another reason to not pick DE. It's sad how they destroyed that zone too. Not anywhere near as bad as Freeport but still terrible.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I went and checked out Everfrost wtih my own eyes. That zone is as dead as it was in era. If you absolutely have to make a barbarian run to Qeynos the second you enter the game. There's a soulbinder in South Qeynos by the bank so make sure to bind yourself there after the run.

Nektulous isn't a holocaust but it's definitely a bit worse. The mob density is alright in the woods. They basically just fucking crushed the newbie areas that used to be aids back in the day that were eventually filled out. Zones like Freeport and Qeynos are unchanged. There's piles and piles of shit to kill. Everfrost, which was aids, is back to being aids.

The whole thing is just stupid.

kudos

<Banned>
Yeah, Freeport and Qeynos are good for now until 5000 people who were going to make DE or Barb decide to make human instead and the area becomes more crowded than a gay bath house during pride week.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That isn't a problem. Five-thousand people would spawn five-hundred instances of Freeport and everyone would still have shit to kill.