TLP Questions & FAQ - Ask away

Sterling

El Presidente
SK epic is retarded because of the Marl parts. And without the 1.5/2.0 happening on this server, it makes it even less exciting, but not having your best dps weapon in kunark is kind of shitty.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Damn it! That's another plus in the Ranger column! An easier epic.

I got spoiled by Enchanter, and despite how popular that server was, it was still difficult many nights to find a tank. Granted, I'd often get called into a pre-existing group, but if a group broke up, it was nearly always because of a tank.

I understand that a Ranger can tank, and I'd be easily switching if the rest of the server agreed with that sentiment. Then again, I've got multiple shaman friends I'm playing with, and so if I just make my own group, who gives a fuck what everyone else thinks?

• 1Like

Vaclav

People by and far at the beginning of Phinigel believed the "rangers can't tank" myth - but from what I'd seen that myth dissolved by Kunark. Hell, we had knights that wanted to be lazy and just let Lornah tank them even when she was the "secondary" tank in the group. Kind of hilarious having an SK or Paladin DPSing while the ranger is tanking Tola and Protector.

Can't imagine it would persist here too long (if it even comes back - a ton of the people are always the same batch recycling between the TLPs). Not to mention if you're bringing a vital class people will usually give a "subpar tank" a chance to prove themselves when they get a vital class like SHM/CLR.

And yea, the SK epic is probably the hardest slightly worse than ENC IMO as it stands ATM. (WIZ/ENC/SK being the worst IMO)

Ranger isn't the easiest, but it's definitely in the "easy" batch.

Also Rangers get neat toys in Classic that become literally impossible (Mistcaller) or very unlikely to get interest in helping you get (Windstriker) in later eras. Only thing similar for SK is 0.1s CoS - which is cool, but pales in comparison.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Fuuuuuuuck, I took wed-fri off, normally have weekends but looks like they need me Saturday :*( Well I guess I can poopsock from Wed launch until late Friday night, but WILL THAT GET ME 50 lol... /sigh

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You should be 50 by Friday man, especially if they have 50% xp spots. Don't move around a lot grinding, stay ahead of the pleb pack and you'll be good to go.

Crone

You should be 50 by Friday man, especially if they have 50% xp spots. Don't move around a lot grinding, stay ahead of the pleb pack and you'll be good to go.
Was the 50% always available? I feel that's high, but I'm pretty sure I'm wrong.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Was the 50% always available? I feel that's high, but I'm pretty sure I'm wrong.

LJ and Ragefire had 25% at launch and Phinny had 50% at launch as well as sow, lev, waterbreathing, and mana regen. There was some talk with the official announcement that Agnarr would have less crap to buy from the store but I am of the opinion that only refers to the buff pots and Agnarr will have the 50% exp pots available.

There is no hard information at this time however.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
So worth dropping the $30 for that 40slot bag?

Probably the single most worthy purchase there is TBH. You can buy 2 no problem now and even more if you're someone planning on doing heavy farming. You can buy another 2 on a separate account and merge it onto your main etc.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Probably the single most worthy purchase there is TBH. You can buy 2 no problem now and even more if you're someone planning on doing heavy farming. You can buy another 2 on a separate account and merge it onto your main etc.
O so I cab prebuy 2 and just /claim launch day on my agnarr toon. Sweet thanks

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If I bought a bag on phinny, same account different server, I assume limit of 1 to me?

Sterling

El Presidente
He's talking about character transfering. You have to level the guy to 20 to do it, but that won't be too hard.

Crone

He's talking about character transfering. You have to level the guy to 20 to do it, but that won't be too hard.
Ahh, ok. So seeing as I have 1 on Phin, I can get at least 1 on Agnarr. That'll be enough and help the early Plat making!

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Y'all making Ranger sound real nice. If i wasn't locked into a premade as SK I might've made the switch Ranger is one of those classes I always intended to play seriously but never really did.

Vaclav

Y'all making Ranger sound real nice. If i wasn't locked into a premade as SK I might've made the switch Ranger is one of those classes I always intended to play seriously but never really did.

Honestly, for grouping the difference between either is minimal for quite a while. Unless you're splitting pulls as the SK indoors.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Can you not sell your starting tunic for 3g or whatever anymore? This training robe the necro GM is handing out has no sell value and I need mah pet.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Can you not sell your starting tunic for 3g or whatever anymore? This training robe the necro GM is handing out has no sell value and I need mah pet.
seems like it's random (by class, not occurrence), some you can, some you can't. I couldn't sell my wood elf druid's chest piece either.

Mur

Trakanon Raider

Gnome Wiz let me, Erudite Necro let me, Human Mage let me. Hell kill a couple snakes and you'll have more than enough, at least the Qeynos noob yard snakes...they're like money printing machines.