Tom Clancy's The Division

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
Are LMGs actually used? Using a LMG in Battlefield 3 was one of my favorite of all times when playing the Conquest maps. It'd really make me happy if they actually were useful now and I didn't just have to use an SMG.
frown.png
No, but I feel like being different. With my skill power, after using pulse, I am rocking 120k headshots with my LMG. WhenI get in close and use my shotgun I do some really good damage as well. Not ideal, but it is more fun than just going with the norm.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I did 1-14 solo over the past couple days, which left me kind of wishing I'd bought the game at release. I'd seen something on reddit saying that you should go into DZ at 14 since it's at the end of the level bracket.

Oh yeah, now I remember why I didn't buy it. Took forever to get to like rank 13 and all I got out of it was a couple blue weapon mods and like 550 currency. All the gear drops were lower level than what I had already, plus there's the PVP aspect which I have zero interest in. I take it DZ is pretty much the whole game once you hit 30?

salumeth

Trakanon Raider
There really is no reason to go into the DZ anymore. Doing daily and weekly HVT missions you will get more gear than anything else. I did do DZ so I could get M1A blueprint, but it's not mandatory really.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Are LMGs actually used? Using a LMG in Battlefield 3 was one of my favorite of all times when playing the Conquest maps. It'd really make me happy if they actually were useful now and I didn't just have to use an SMG.
frown.png
The upcoming weapon rebalance patch will hopefully fix LMGs and ARs.

Devlin

Golden Squire
There really is no reason to go into the DZ anymore. Doing daily and weekly HVT missions you will get more gear than anything else. I did do DZ so I could get M1A blueprint, but it's not mandatory really.
Prior to 1.2 I almost never went into the DZ and now it's all I do, DZ 5&6 rain 204 weapons and 240 gear, I finally got my GS to 228 yesterday via the DZ.

Plus supply drops are guaranteed with no need to extract on top of the all the landmark bosses.

I pretty much have no reason to do anything other than the DZ at this point.

Prior to 1.2 I almost never went into the DZ and now it's all I do, DZ 5&6 rain 204 weapons and 240 gear, I finally got my GS to 228 yesterday via the DZ.

Plus supply drops are guaranteed with no need to extract on top of the all the landmark bosses.

I pretty much have no reason to do anything other than the DZ at this point.
Still cant make myself turn on the ps4 to update, any word when the first DLC comes out yet? Prob try it out then.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Incase anyone hasn't heard they nerfed critical hit chance so that now the 60% cap extends to pulse etc.

Now assault rifles are a much more viable option because they don't lose damage at long range like SMG's do.

Rush

If only I could find a stable ar I would start using one! Until then, super 90 and the pahkan it is!

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
All this Lone Star set trash dropping from weekly (and daily) HVT missions is really starting to piss me off. They need to fix the fucking drop weights for that set when doing those

Rush

All this Lone Star set trash dropping from weekly (and daily) HVT missions is really starting to piss me off. They need to fix the fucking drop weights for that set when doing those
2 weeks in a row, every single piece has been Lone Star...

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
is this game any good now?
Buddy and I picked it up and are having a lot of fun cooping. Only level 11 so not that far but we're enjoying the dungeon crawl style missions the most. Couldn't see myself enjoying this solo though.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I haven't played this game in over a month. I have a near 240 gear score, with nearly ideal stats, and a full set of each type of gear. The 1-30 experience was and is still fun. The end game experience is just fucking garbage. The encounters are not hard, nor engaging or fun. It takes doing an instance once before you're smashing it (at least with a competent, mixed group - pugs can be a nightmare even if you have over geared players, people can just be outright retarded, but that's any game). I really had hopes for this game, but honestly once you've been on the end game grinder wheel and picked up your 500th piece of trash Tacticians gear, you'll want to murder someone IRL.

Crone

So a question that I have is how come this game gets a bad wrap for being grindy, when Diablo has similar systems, and everyone just accepts it?

I'm not saying the old system was at all good, no. It sucked dick. And grinding out gear when hardly any gear is dropping is just tedious bullshit. But now? Seems like whether you doing HVTs, or DZ, High end Gear is raining down on you, and so it feels better even if they are all decontructed? So why the hate now?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Because the actual gameplay portion of grinding that gear is dull and bullet spongy. D3 is about new builds every season across multiple characters, or pushing greater rifts if you're in to that. Division has what, 2 viable gun types? Maybe 3 if you count ARs? And a small handful of Q/E skills to press, with enemies that soak half your ammunition while they run around like potato children playing in a water sprinkler because their AI is so bad.

Crone

Because the actual gameplay portion of grinding that gear is dull and bullet spongy. D3 is about new builds every season across multiple characters, or pushing greater rifts if you're in to that. Division has what, 2 viable gun types? Maybe 3 if you count ARs? And a small handful of Q/E skills to press, with enemies that soak half your ammunition while they run around like potato children playing in a water sprinkler because their AI is so bad.
Fair enough. haha! Shit... I want Diablo 3 with guns!