Tom Clancy's The Division

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The reason for the lag is because the map and inventory is being rendered multiple times (ontop of eachother). It was fixed on the PC, but because of the approval process of xbox/ps4, it wont be fixed until next week.
How the hell does that even happen in the first place. Jesus what a bunch of hacks.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is this still worth playing at all? I seem to have accidentally let it get to the top of my GameFly queue and they shipped it out today for PS4, so it's either play through the campaign once solo or just ship it right back.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Honestly, the graphics, story, and underlying game mechanics are cool, but the solo experience is nowhere near as fun as doing it with at least 1 buddy. And if you don't plan on getting into the rest of the level 30 content, then there's really not a point. And I'm probably one of the bigger Division apologists you'll find left on here.

Crone

I thought the 1-30 game was great! But there is an end game. I'd say play it for a couple hours and see if you get into it. I've yet to go back to try out the new patch but I plan to. Have 85 hours into the game already and its worth more.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Definitely try the new patch. It fills in enough of the blanks that the game finally feels like something you could call "complete." The HVTs are a pretty good source of solo loot and progression and give you a reason to keep running around the PVE world after all the other content is complete. I haven't been back into the DZ, but the 201+ bracket is still considered a challenge for most at the moment.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
did they finally fix this game so its fun and the gear grind isnt so completely RNG? i literally got to 30 grinded some dailys got a vector then quit because i never jumped on the glitch train and farm endless amounts of good gear.

Crone

did they finally fix this game so its fun and the gear grind isnt so completely RNG? i literally got to 30 grinded some dailys got a vector then quit because i never jumped on the glitch train and farm endless amounts of good gear.
The gear grind is always rng. That's the entire point of the game and loot system. If you didn't like Diablo style rng you won't like this either. They did come out with information where certain bosses drop certain loot slots, but the stats on the loot is still rng.

Sulrn

Deuces
So does this mean I called it correctly at the start - another game full of potential run into the ground by devs at Ubisoft?

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
It's slightly better than it was, the devs are slowly realizing that if there's a ton of RNG separating the so-so drops from the godly ones (still true sadly) then there's no need to have the layer of RNG to get the drops in the first place, so they give out a lot more high-ends now compared to at release. It's easier to acquire set items in the new patch as well, since most bosses now have something like a 1/3 chance of dropping them. There's also some (still very limited) amount of customization available via recalibration since it just takes regular credits now.

So does this mean I called it correctly at the start - another game full of potential run into the ground by devs at Ubisoft?
With all the quite frankly embarrassing issues I've seen throughout the game's life, I wouldn't argue that point.

Devlin

Golden Squire
It's slowly becoming a much more rounded experience, I've been playing non-stop since release and it has vastly improved in terms of things to do.

The DZ is a great source of loot now, you have to run it with a team but it's a lot more enjoyable now that it isn't solely about levelling up to get patterns. Killing bosses there often grants 204-240 loot. Sure a lot of it won't turn out to be what you want but like D3 just having the opportunity goes a long way.

Spending a few hours grinding in the DZ will net you a massive haul.

sl4ck3r_sl

shitlord
I believe I read it on reddit where if you're looking to group for HVT missions, go to Camp Hudson and do matchmaking. That appears to be the hub for grouping HVT missions. Completing HVT weeklies will net you some 240 green set gear and easiest way to break the 200+ gear score.

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
In 2 days of running HVT's, I've gone from a 192gs to a 224gs. Granted, most of what I have gotten is the Lone Star set, but it has upped my toughness to 230k and my skill power to 34k.

Devlin

Golden Squire
34 skill power is a little high for a non tacticians build.

The toughness stat can be a little misleading for people, I've got 84k stamina 5360 armour (capped) and at 340k toughness I still feel a bit squishy in DZ 5/6.

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ya, I could do some rearranging of my skills for sure. Gotta save up some money. Then again I'm not min/maxing at all, just running around with a shotty and lmg.

Crone

Are LMGs actually used? Using a LMG in Battlefield 3 was one of my favorite of all times when playing the Conquest maps. It'd really make me happy if they actually were useful now and I didn't just have to use an SMG.
frown.png

Devlin

Golden Squire
Nope, they're universally shit.

AR's are becoming more popular, but it's generally accepted that you need to rock a decent SMG before anything else.

Crone

Nope, they're universally shit.

AR's are becoming more popular, but it's generally accepted that you need to rock a decent SMG before anything else.
Figured. The Vector I have shall remain in my hands then!