Tom Clancy's The Division

Malkav

French Madman
Often, youll open a package and you are at max of that item wont let you pick up or give yo u an error. Or are you sure it's guns and stuff?
May be that. Can't really remember the icons of all the capped stuff. One I couldn't pick up had a bag/pouch icon, so not sure what it was.

spronk

FPS noob
So anyone know the fix so that I can shoot/aim. Some reason the games doesn't let me do either.....even though they are default set to RMB/LMB
there was a bug in last weeks build that wouldn't let you shoot, just die to any enemy and it should be fixed. dunno if thats the bug you are seeing

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
there was a bug in last weeks build that wouldn't let you shoot, just die to any enemy and it should be fixed. dunno if thats the bug you are seeing
Somehow I got it to work now, idk what I did.

But went rogue....by killing myself with a nade

Also did not know NPC enemies can just spawn in around you lol

Delly

Trakanon Raider

I had a problem where my LMB/RMB didn't work at all, I just alt-tabbed and it was fixed.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Yep, was chillin in DZ stalkin some people and as soon as i attack one a bunch of npc's spawn on me. I think there needs to be either faster respawns in DZ or more mob density.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
5 hours after queue they finally sling me a beta key so i can see how it looks in 4k :/

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Is there a click to zoom? I hate holding to zoom.

At 4k I am barely pulling 35FPS on medium settings with a GTX980.

The environments in this game are pretty amazing thus far.

spronk

FPS noob
The Division: Running Simulator 2016

ConcreteImpressiveIndianhare.gif

lol everyone in chat was asking for a skateboard or hoverboard

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The Division: Running Simulator 2016

ConcreteImpressiveIndianhare.gif

lol everyone in chat was asking for a skateboard or hoverboard
Lol this is the very first thing that came to my mind when playing this. As soon as I log in, I was running, and running and running....

And running....

And running....

Fought a minute. Opened my base.... And was running...

and running...

Jesus. This makes Hoth in SWTOR look like walking from my bar to the couch.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Finally loaded up pc version and while it does look more detailed i still think the xbox 1 version holds its own quite well. I was getting around 50fps or so with everything max, its indeed noticeably better but for all those claims on how much it was downgraded visually i dont see it. The game looks as good as ever on PC and xbox doesnt slouch so im pretty content with how its come along.

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Watched a cpl streams last night. Imo, this game doesn't have a lot going for it. The environments are pretty cool but the gameplay looks extremely lackluster with the usual Ubisoft UI disease. I mean, why add all that detail if you constantly have an arrow in front of you telling you where to go. I guess you can get up to 2 weeks of item hunting out of it, so it might actually be worth the money but i doubt people will play this long term.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Pretty much cleared all of the beta content tonight with my wife and a friend, and had a great time.

Pros
-The graphics and performance are really good. Yes there is a downgrade from E3 2013, but it still looks great, like a 2016 title should. It also runs smooth at 60fps on my 970 and 4590 with everything maxed minus a couple minor settings down a notch.
-The attention to detail is pretty damn amazing. When I went into apartments and such, each one feels unique, not cut and paste, and the way there are so many objects around in the environment and whatnot really helps with the immersion. Also how you can just walk into stores off the street and they are fully modeled and detailed. It's amazing how a game can cram so much stuff on the screen like this, and then you have games like H1Z1 where each house is a copy paste and has a table and 3 chairs and a bed and you still get massive FPS drops. They really pushed the envelope in this regard.
-There is very little repetitiveness in the world as each street even has it's own "theme" whether it's a hazmat street, a street which had a traffic jam when shit hit the fan, an army street, little korea town, a christmas decorated park street, etc etc. They really fleshed out the world.
-The time to kill isn't bad on PC. I was a little worried about bullet sponge enemies, but compared to Xbox videos I have watched, on PC I can clear firefights a lot faster being able to aim with a mouse.
-Supposedly they will be adding free content as time goes on. Will believe it when I see it, but it's nice to know hopefully not everything will be DLC.

Thoughts and concerns
-I am a little worried about the extent of content. As I said, with my wife and friend we ran through the entire beta content, including exploring all of the Dark Zone, and gearing myself in a full set of blues, in about 8 hours. Granted this is only a small portion of the game, is there going to be longevity and stuff to do? Will there be a carrot?
-I hope that there are more unique type weapons deeper in the game. There are a lot of weapons with "more better" stat, but having some unique properties would be nice, ala Diablo 3. Hopefully set gear as well.
-Hopefully they add more enemies and chests to Dark Zones. Right now, towards the end of the night, our group was running around for 5-10 minutes at a time between finding enemy NPCs. Word is that servers were bugging out tonight, as supposedly earlier today there were enemies everywhere, so I'll just have to wait and see on that one.
-I know Ubisoft is the publisher, but Massive is the creator of this game. I wouldn't compare it to the same level as other Ubisoft games like Watchdogs or AC Unity. This is already much more polished in beta.

I have pretty much come to the conclusion, that I have been looking at this as an MMO-lite, when I need to be looking at it (probably) more as a single-player coop type game with some PVP and probably get my moneys worth out of playing 80-100 hours or whatever length it ends up being. And if I look at it that way, really I have no problem justifying the purchase, because I did have fun, time flew by, and other good single-player games I pay $60 for and play 20-30 hours and feel I got my money's worth. If they do end up having enough content that it is MMO-like, similar to Diablo 3 or such, then it is just added value, but as it stands it is fun with friends. Also, you can get this on cdkeys.com right now for like $35, and supposedly the next Nvidia promotion is The Division, so ebay will have cheap keys for sale as well. For $30-$40 this will be a definite buy for me.

Malkav

French Madman
Watched a cpl streams last night. Imo, this game doesn't have a lot going for it. The environments are pretty cool but the gameplay looks extremely lackluster with the usual Ubisoft UI disease. I mean, why add all that detail if you constantly have an arrow in front of you telling you where to go. I guess you can get up to 2 weeks of item hunting out of it, so it might actually be worth the money but i doubt people will play this long term.
I don't get the hate about the UI. It seems consistent with the universe to me, like an augmented reality HUD.

Having GPS navigation makes sense in the context.

Plus :
- It's only active when you have an objective selected on the map.
- You are not forced to follow it. Even with it I keep getting sidetracked and exploring nooks and crannies.
- I'm pretty sure you can disable it in the settings anyway if you want.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
How else is your Mom going to make money to support your basement dwelling ass?.
Sorry, not all of us are living on welfare checks. Some even have jobs!

Kidding aside, I like to invest in my hobby and this game runs just fine on my hardware. It might be a tad bit unoptimized for mainstream cards?

DMK_sl

shitlord
Damn. I'm extremely surprised with this game. If it has content I'm sold. Fucken cool as setting. Runs smooth as shit on my pc. If there's heaps of gear to get and heaps of content it's got the base it be awesome. I'm just worried they are going to pull a destiny and literally have NO content. Please baby jesus have content.

Column_sl

shitlord
Sorry, not all of us are living on welfare checks. Some even have jobs!

Kidding aside, I like to invest in my hobby and this game runs just fine on my hardware. It might be a tad bit unoptimized for mainstream cards?
Who said your mom was on Welfare? Those dicks don't suck themselves

And we clearly were talking about a documented bug in the current build for windowed mode not if you are having no issue in full screen..

Column_sl

shitlord
Damn. I'm extremely surprised with this game. If it has content I'm sold. Fucken cool as setting. Runs smooth as shit on my pc. If there's heaps of gear to get and heaps of content it's got the base it be awesome. I'm just worried they are going to pull a destiny and literally have NO content. Please baby jesus have content.
Destiny had an end game at launch I'm not sure how that relates to no content.

As fun as this game is now it's loot centric bias may kill it pretty quickly. They need to have a plan for when people have everything like a battle royal mode in H1Z1

If you want to Compare the Alpha/Beta of Destiny vs the Division.

Destiny wins hands down, one of the best Alpha/Betas I've participated in.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Don't hold your breath. What you see is what you are getting. They cut all three other islands for Paid for DLC. Worse for wear, all that shit was done in alpha.

Tom Clancy Final Map Size Revealed / The Division Zone

I'll try playing more today and run and run and run and run some more. Should have titled this the running man.