Tom Clancy's The Division

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I found this a little boring. To me the controls felt very clunky and the combat felt clunky (destiny did it better). Also just walking around the world felt a bit empty, maybe it was just because it was beta, I don't know.

Gonna wait for reviews on this one, definitely wasn't sold.

spronk

FPS noob
if $50 isn't a big deal i'd buy this on release. you can 100% straight up tell its gonna be one of those games where massive, hilarious clusterfucks keep happening in the first few months of the game.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
explain please it looks like everyone stood around and couldn't fire or decide if they wanted to. (no sound, at work if ya know what I mean)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I was surprised, i was all decked besides the high end gun, and that looked like a FAL for 2ndary?

Tonic_sl

shitlord
explain please it looks like everyone stood around and couldn't fire or decide if they wanted to. (no sound, at work if ya know what I mean)
As soon as you attack someone, you get flagged as Rogue, so they were all standing around to see who would attack first. When you're Rogue, people can kill you and have no negative effects, and get extra drops / money / xp. If you're Rogue and survive the timer (90s?) you get bonus xp and such.

Basically a pvp flag.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
The group of three is talking shit to the solo guy, so he says to go ahead and shoot him. He warns them that he'll kill them all. so they inevitably do, and he proceeds to lay waste to all three. The game has proximity chat, so he repeats "I told you" while standing over their corpses. As someone who was frequently ganked by similar groups this weekend, I enjoyed the vid as justice

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
If youre to compare it to UO then you must remember all the great times griefing and pissing people off just because you could and wanted to, and fame/karma was much more harsh than anything in TD. Once you started down the path in UO it could take days or longer to reverse. Actually OU PVP was notorious for epic douchebaggery on the levels that i dont think many other games will ever reach. Sure some of this was quelled by alot of people running off to the Abyss server but UO PVP was glorious, and it had no extraction system to whisk away your loot, and your homes and castles werent safe either(hello nightmare mount!). There is no comparing the state of carebear pvp has taken to the golden days of UO. Everything else is true, there needs to be more "stuff" and enemy density - they said they increased enemies in the DZ but aside from like 1 pack at an extraction point its more of the same. There are some scattered things in the game that dont have waypoints but im not sure if any of that shit ties into anything worth a shit. If these recordings would offer up something more it would be pretty cool also.

Curious, is there any clear way to get 2 groups of friends into a same DZ?

Also Pretty sure Xevy will be that one guy to avoid at all cost in the DZ due to his knowing so many ways to anger the casual players.
Oh I'm well aware that UO was infinitely more hardcore than this. Personally I think that the Rogue system needs to be drastically changed. Loot should be available as soon as you get it in the Dark Zone. Death should result in dropping one random equipped item. Rogues shouldn't be fucking high lighted on the map, but should be Rogue for exponentially longer, and unable to enter the PvE/Safe Zones as well as dropping an extra item or two when killed.

Honestly I was hoping they would move towards the item system of UO where yes a Vanquishing whatever was great, but it wasn't necessary to compete, and could easily be taken by a better player. Personally I don't want an attachment to my loot, and I want skill to rule over all. More importantly I want a reason to fear Rogues, and a larger reason to hunt them as well as a real choice of going Rogue. Going Rogue right now isn't even a decision if someone pisses you off.

Sneaky

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I decided to buy this. Is there any point loging into the Beta right now or should I simply wait till the release if I don't enjoy starting characters over multiple times.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Oh I'm well aware that UO was infinitely more hardcore than this. Personally I think that the Rogue system needs to be drastically changed. Loot should be available as soon as you get it in the Dark Zone. Death should result in dropping one random equipped item. Rogues shouldn't be fucking high lighted on the map, but should be Rogue for exponentially longer, and unable to enter the PvE/Safe Zones as well as dropping an extra item or two when killed.

Honestly I was hoping they would move towards the item system of UO where yes a Vanquishing whatever was great, but it wasn't necessary to compete, and could easily be taken by a better player. Personally I don't want an attachment to my loot, and I want skill to rule over all. More importantly I want a reason to fear Rogues, and a larger reason to hunt them as well as a real choice of going Rogue. Going Rogue right now isn't even a decision if someone pisses you off.
Hmm i thought only Manhunt people were on the big map while rogues were on the smaller one? As far a i remember rogues cannot go into safe zones or PVE areas, to my knowledge youre stuck in the DZ until you die or your timer runs out. I do feel the initial timer of 1 minute for a kill should be lengthened a bit to atleast allow the person to get a revenge kill(plus bonus something for doing so). If a rogue agent dies with items they all fall down, just not the shit they have equipped. There is "some" loot available not long after you get into the DZ tho, the blue shit you can all get within an hour or so which isnt too bad for just downing some NPCs.

At low levels when people cant "pick up" purples and high end items its hard to tell if someone is worth killing and not just doing it to be a dick - Later level when the chest have high end loot and purple i could see people offing the ones running around opening them just bc they know they have keys and may have just gotten a good weapon. There is a basic fear of rogue groups as solo but as another group it just turns into a shoot out that eventually sucks in non rogue agents and turns it into the wild west which i enjoy. I think rogue in general needs more of a penalty and reward for surviving a longer duration which is multiplied by the amount of kills you get on other players while rogue. The thing is the reward will still only be more DZ currency or maybe a title or something more fluff or long term beneficial on some vendors.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
6.4 million players in the beta, largest new IP in this generation. I don't think Massive is going to allow this to fuck up, they have a perdy dang good chance to make this something big.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Is there any way to choose a character name? I was stuck with my actual uPlay account name, which is ..shitty because I made the account while pissed at uPlay forever ago.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I'm excited about being meStevo2007 forever in Ubi games

Mikey78_sl

shitlord
I really enjoyed open beta. No issues whatsoever with gun mechanics. I do think they made a mistake allowing open beta with so little content. Hardcore gamers motored through all available content and ended up bored because they had only unlocked 5% of skills and were limited to a sliver of the total map. I felt it and the early reviews I read spoke to the same.

I think this is gunna be good and will be lookin for a group to play with on PC.

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
Played the open beta. Game is definitely different (at least DZ) solo vs. group, i.e. sucks solo, so much more fun grouped. Stuff like yellow mobs will push your shit in solo in the DZ, but in a group you have all sorts of flanking tactics available to you, not to mention being able to revive each other. You can cheese stuff solo, like snipering, but once you get your gear extraction becomes an issue because if people sense that you are alone you will likely get ganked.

Meanwhile, I was logged in yesterday in various groups, at one point it was me, Sarthis and two others (group of 4), and we were extracting. This one other group of 4 that had been playing rogue the whole time, and doing a decent job, made their way towards us. We had to decide whether to stay or bail, we decided to stay, and we were able to kill two of them, causing the other two to retreat. Then we revived up and completed our extraction. Fun times.

Also, another reason to group is when you open chests, everyone gets loot. We were opening chests in the sewers using our DZ keys and everyone got to pick up blues.

I've pre-ordered this game on PS4, I know many others have as well. Feel free to add me, or if you know me from Destiny already just hit me up in game on release.

PSN ID is Caduceus888

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Is there any way to choose a character name? I was stuck with my actual uPlay account name, which is ..shitty because I made the account while pissed at uPlay forever ago.
Your uplay name isn't locked, just change it.