Tom Clancy's The Division

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I thought everyone hated this a month ago.
Hate? Nah, but the game is all kinds of meh to me. Like a Hamster Wheel, replacing meaningless loot till highest level, and then trying to min max till the next expansion or whatever. Same old same old, except the setting and gameplay is not nearly interesting enough. If they only went all out on the darkzone concept for PvP or dropped the cloverfield monster into it i would be excited.
tongue.png

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Great. You just ruined the first expansion!

I actually do wonder about the storyline aspect of all of this, because it IS a Tom Clancy property and so even Bond Villain is a stretch for that sub-genre and I wonder just how much can be done with government agents wandering around with a license to kill anyone in NY that looks funny.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
^^ I doubt anyone cares anymore. Tom Clancy's IP sells the game and considering the guy croaked, as long as his family gets paid for the use of the name, I highly doubt anyone cares about anything else related to the IP other than that.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Hate? Nah, but the game is all kinds of meh to me. Like a Hamster Wheel, replacing meaningless loot till highest level, and then trying to min max till the next expansion or whatever. Same old same old, except the setting and gameplay is not nearly interesting enough. If they only went all out on the darkzone concept for PvP or dropped the cloverfield monster into it i would be excited.
tongue.png
Considering the super huge flame thrower guy at the end of the second "raid", who knows. But so far the story is playing out as if a science guy developed a disease and it got out, killing everyone, and creating the biological wasteland. Your base of operations is all about building that up and maintaining order ala Mad Max in frozen New York. They don't need to go all Defiance or anything, but I'm really hoping there's a lot more shit to do in the full game. 4-6 hours in and you're already you maxed out in the beta. Speaking of the flame thrower guy, clipping his tank and blowing him up immediately even in hard mode seemed awesome, but also a fairly cheese way to take down a final boss.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Not sure if your agent will be stuck with your actual uPlay account name, but the good news is you can change it. Just click Account Information, there's a little EDIT button in the top right. I am no longer XXxxxXXXuPlayBlowsAssNoScope420XxxxXXxXX, so I have that going for me.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I'm kind of amazed everyone loves this game. I think it's just the graphics singing their siren song to a lot of people...my group and I already know there's about a 20% chance this game lasts us longer than the two weeks or so it'll take us to max out our characters. Hopefully they have a lot of public events in the DZ or new PVP game types or a bunch of REAL raids for PVE. Otherwise I think this is a fun game, but short-lived.
Its actually the gameplay and DZ for me - i just need some info on the potential multigroup content at this point. No matter what the DZ imo is more fun than Destiny PVP since its going to change depending on the actions of others. I didnt find the couple story missions boring and i replayed the medical mission atleast 30 times by now.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah. Just saw after the conversation here about it that it's on the homescreen of the uplay client that you can now change your handle
smile.png

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
I want to like this game more because I had fun during the beta (both). The mission story was even good. I just hate that they are so cornered on what they can/will do because of the theme and wanting to keep it more realistic (bullet sponge aside). Still debating if I will keep my pre-order gold or just wait a few months and see what the expansions will bring. For me that level 26 gameplay/character looked pretty much exactly like lvl 4 gameplay/character. I wish the theme was more loose or different all together. Destiny was not great, but at least I could suspend disbelief because of the different environment and alien races. Someone needs to take the best parts of this game and combine them with the best parts of Destiny and maybe add a little mmo addiction and life would be good.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know that I've ever seen a game where so many people have said they enjoyed it but are reluctant to buy. I feel like maybe it's an Ubisoft thing?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I don't know that I've ever seen a game where so many people have said they enjoyed it but are reluctant to buy. I feel like maybe it's an Ubisoft thing?
I would guess probably that combined with them being very obtuse about end game content. Plus a stop start in early 2014 didn't help matters. (They used all the art assets however obviously)

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
I think for me it's that I just cannot see where they go with it. Everything is great, but it feels basically the same. Destiny tricked me with different planets and aliens. This game has a hard time doing that and it shows by lvl 26 gameplay looking like lvl 4 exactly. It would be better if there was even some sort of visual gear progression or perhaps near future prototype weaponry/gear. But ya, I also have little trust in Ubisoft. The game could be great. the story is already much better than Destiny, but I think it's going to be a flash in the pan and even though Destiny was questionable the variety kept my mind fooled for many more hours than i think this can. Edit: I am also hesitant because of how cryptic they are being with expansion info...but that might be too harsh.

Mikey78_sl

shitlord
I think I have a lower gaming bar than most people here. The game is fun. The environments were some of the best looking ones I've seen in any game (I thought Madison Square Garden was amazing). Of course they have the opportunity to make end game fun. The fact that it does not perfectly fit the mold of something that has come before should make us excited instead of doubtful, shouldn't it? Be positive folks!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I think I have a lower gaming bar than most people here. The game is fun. The environments were some of the best looking ones I've seen in any game (I thought Madison Square Garden was amazing). Of course they have the opportunity to make end game fun. The fact that it does not perfectly fit the mold of something that has come before should make us excited instead of doubtful, shouldn't it? Be positive folks!
Welcome to the most jaded community on the planet. You will enjoy your stay here.

I think the majority of us are realists.

Pros:

* Graphical fidelity and sound
* Open world Gameplay
* Storywise it looks decent
* DZ's are fun to fuck with people in

Cons:

* Clunky gun play and consumable UI
* Anti Cheat mechanics have not been showcased with a company that doesn't have a lot of faith left from their consumers
* No end game has been talked about from a company that doesn't have a lot of faith left from their consumers
* Lack of meaningful content and cut content
* A stop start from April 2014.

This is Ubisoft we are talking about. There is ZERO faith in Ubisoft. They are possibly a bar above EA and that would be the best compliment I think they could deserve on a good hair day.

No one here is talking about fitting perfectly into a mold we have seen before. If anything, people here are talking about differentiation factors as to why to move forward with the game and how that's a positive. Ubisoft is shooting themselves in the ass by not announcing end game content aside from level 27 bullet sponges. Which at this late stage of the game leads me to believe that since they restarted this project 2 years ago, they do not have a road map for that - and that should worry folks.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah the lack of end game content at this close to release is beyond baffling. I just cant grasp why its been so hush hush on it, they cant possibly think just having the DZ and challenge missions at 30 is enough, and them not saying it is likely the only reason ive not yet preordered this.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Pro tip: If you're upgrading your video card right now with say, a Gtx 970 or something The Division is currently the game that comes with it. I needed a new card and I was getting this game so it was a nice 60 dollar save.