Tom Clancy's The Division

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
Do a lot of you still play games 6 months after release?

Maybe I have gaming ADD, or because I'm getting older, but at best I'll probably play something for 2 months. I honestly don't give much of a shit about their plans for December. I'll buy this, enjoy it for 1-2 months, and then move onto something else.
Depends on the style of game of course. I'm like you in a sense, I've already shelved Fallout 4, Witcher 3, etc. I haven't subscribed to or played a true MMO in years (quit WoW years ago).

The closest "MMO" experience I have recently is Diablo 3, which I haven't played in over a year, and Destiny, which I have played hundreds of hours in....but which I quit playing once content runs out. Like now. However, I will pick it up again once new stuff is added.

I have a feeling Division is going to play out the same way for me. It *may* have added staying power compared to Destiny based on how DZ and that type of content plays out, which is at least something different than before. I'm OK with them not focusing on raids, because that's what will make it different than Destiny. Destiny is all about the raid....which sometimes is a pain to gather up people to accomplish. What ever happened to just logging in and killing shit? Without having to spend 30+ minutes trying to find other people to join your group? Outside of raids, Destiny got boring for me. I'm hoping Division will offer something different, and so far it appears so.

That video of upcoming features is nothing new, it was just like the Destiny release where there CLEARLY was content created but not released, in fact the first two expansions probably could have been released at the onset if they didn't want to bilk more money.

In any case....we'll know in a few days if this game is fun or a giant turd!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
There needs to be more random events that happen. Example: The Cleaners decide to show up somewhere and attack a building or friendly strong point. Then while out walking around you get a notification pop up with a call to help allowing all players in the immediate vicinity to all come together to help out (like a dynamic public quest system that hands out rewards and loot for helping) Now.. I only played the beta, so hopefully there are things like this available but I never saw anything outside of just static groups of hostile npc's standing around you could attack like a pack of mobs in d3. The world you were walking around did not seem alive or dynamic at all.
I thought that's what incursions were but looks like they're just another name for a mission for your to queue up for / form a party for.

sebur

Bronze Squire
A raid is just two more people tho LOL.

It's amazing what we call a raid today when 6 people was just a normal group in EQ.
Ya, I think I still think big which is why I was saying I don't want raids. In my eyes raids are at least 25+ people.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
I'm still playing Destiny which annoys the crap out of me most of the time because the RNG loot is terrible for the amount of time put in. I played the open beta of The Division and that sold me. I'm really looking forward to all the content this game is going to offer and most of my friends have this preordered.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i think a lot of people will seamlessly roll over from destiny to division, especially a lot of people who quit playing. whether there is enough content to keep those people in past a month or two remains to be seen, but I seriously doubt its do-able, especially for a company new to the space like massive/ubi.

don't care though, 1 month of fun multiplayer is worth $60 to me. fuck, I paid $48 for far cry primal and it gave me a grand total of 30 hours of gameplay, of which only 10 was "fun". I have zero doubts division will be at least 50 hours of fun, thats good enough for me

twitch numbers gonna be interesting. Halo 5 spiked past destiny at launch but now is under 2k/night whereas destiny still trucks on at 8-10k / night. I have a feeling division is finally gonna wreck that destiny streaming though as people like golga and broman probably roll over.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm playing this game but I think people are definitely over-estimating the longevity of this game...

I'd expect the standard 2-3 weeks and maybe another bonus week grinding out rare drops from missions maybe. This isn't going to be Destiny and it's not going to be D3. D3 was made to grind over and over and Destiny was made to be played in combat. This game is neither. The PVP will be interesting, but painful later on losing exp etc.

Column_sl

shitlord
LOL Ubi printed some false advertisement from a gaming site. Gamezone said they never said that quote haha

gvqvl6f7g1pmm15qfu29.jpg

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
"The Division blows Destiny out of the water" was actually a headline about their beta numbers I believe. It's just out of context.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
So apparently the game has a day 1 patch

The Division v1.1 Release Notes : thedivision

Good to see this: The Deployable Turret no longer targets non-rogue players and doesn't damage neutral players caught in line of fire either

I don't really like this: New Icon for Landmarks in the DarkZone, Icon now changes dynamically depending on if Non-Player Enemies are present or not

spronk

FPS noob
my (regular) edition shipped from best buy today, 2 day so probably won't arrive till tuesday but hoping for monday so I can play at midnight

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
My edition from Amazon has not shipped and it's estimated to arrive on the 10th. So much for release day delivery. I hope it's just an error and I will get it sooner. Have a big Amazon Warehouse less than 30 minutes away, so I can hope.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Got my GMG key today, preloaded, and then my video card blew up tonight. Don't think I will get an RMA back before Tuesday. Shitty.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Pretty off topic, but Clancy has a net worth of 250-300+ million. Dude did well!

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
My edition from Amazon has not shipped and it's estimated to arrive on the 10th. So much for release day delivery. I hope it's just an error and I will get it sooner. Have a big Amazon Warehouse less than 30 minutes away, so I can hope.
My Amazon order hasn't shipped either. I usually go digital these days, but I wanted to try their new discount on new releases and actually have some stuff that I can't skip on Tuesday so it made sense. My estimate still shows Tuesday delivery though.